New Firm Derby - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New Firm Derby

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paton's been brilliant the last season and a half. I had my doubts too, but his destructive qualities are very important. He lifts the shit that lets the rest of them play (sometimes).

No, he hasn't.

Fair enough, you watch him most weeks. I just don't see it. He's seems slow, lumbering, not very good on the ball.....and he's a pretendy hard man! He seems to kill uniteds momentum too.

Spot on.

I would rather have butcher and soapy as defensice midfielders than paton and rankin now.

As much as I hate to admit it, Souttar instead of Paton sounds like a very good move. Hopefully Jackie doesn't think of that! Utd seem to have a lot of strong competition for places. Unlike the Dons, we basically have a starting 11 (ok, with Flood, Robson and Anderson - but with two of the three probably now being past it).

I'm in the minority who, looking at the clip, actually thought that he did spit.

Given JH himself said he didn't though, yet he still got banned, is bizarre.....

It was the right result, given that he should have been red carded for his 'tackle' and attempted right hook.

Just the wrong way to get to the result.

Hayes has again said tonight there was no spit.

Credit to him for saying that.

Saw the clips on Reporting Scotland and it did look like he maybe did spit. Hayes' reaction suggested the same, unless he was reacting to the tackle or something muttered.

Good on Hayes though.

Credit to him for saying that.

Saw the clips on Reporting Scotland and it did look like he maybe did spit. Hayes' reaction suggested the same, unless he was reacting to the tackle or something muttered.

Good on Hayes though.

Hayes has said something was said but that it should stay on the pitch.

I assume we now have to go through the formal process of an appeal.

utd appealing...

A Club spokesperson said, “The player will certainly be appealing this decision and will be given our full backing in this matter. The decision today relating to Paul Paton is incredulous. We are stunned firstly that it was brought in front of the Judicial Panel by the new Compliance Officer and secondly that the Judicial Panel have found the player guilty of something that we do not believe to have taken place. It is truly mystifying that three people in a room at Hampden Park in Glasgow on a Thursday afternoon can see something that was not seen by the referee, 1st assistant, 2nd assistant, fourth official, SPFL delegate, the managers of either team, the players of either team including the alleged villain and victim not to mention the 11,168 supporters in the stadium. As part of our original defence submission we studied enlarged video footage to ensure our player was not guilty of such an offence. We were sound in our belief that no such action had taken place and we will continue to support the player in this matter through the Appeal process.”

utd appealing...

A Club spokesperson said, “The player will certainly be appealing this decision and will be given our full backing in this matter. The decision today relating to Paul Paton is incredulous. We are stunned firstly that it was brought in front of the Judicial Panel by the new Compliance Officer and secondly that the Judicial Panel have found the player guilty of something that we do not believe to have taken place. It is truly mystifying that three people in a room at Hampden Park in Glasgow on a Thursday afternoon can see something that was not seen by the referee, 1st assistant, 2nd assistant, fourth official, SPFL delegate, the managers of either team, the players of either team including the alleged villain and victim not to mention the 11,168 supporters in the stadium. As part of our original defence submission we studied enlarged video footage to ensure our player was not guilty of such an offence. We were sound in our belief that no such action had taken place and we will continue to support the player in this matter through the Appeal process.”

I think that statement is a bit OTT.

Did Utd interview everyone in the ground before stating that nobody saw (or thought they saw) Paton spit?

I don't think he did but the tv pictures give the impression that he may have.

The statement should have been short and sweet i.e. disappointed with decision, will appeal, aware of Hayes comments. Job done.

Did Utd interview everyone in the ground before stating that nobody saw (or thought they saw) Paton spit?

The statement should have been short and sweet i.e. disappointed with decision, will appeal, aware of Hayes comments. Job done.

They've missed out the bit about his thuggish kick and attempted right hook.

I don't think he spat though.

I thought it was quite good. Re interviewing people in the ground, they are basically saying no one even noticed this incident at the time / fairly straight forward.