New Firm Derby - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New Firm Derby

Pawlett looked quite good in the highlights but it's been a while since he's scored.

He got three goals fairly quickly and there was talk of him reaching double figures this season but that's all gone quiet now.

Goodie and McGinn could use finding the net as well.

(I'll go Pawlett, Goodie, and McGinn for a 3-0 Dons win next Saturday.)

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pawlett looked quite good in the highlights but it's been a while since he's scored.

He got three goals fairly quickly and there was talk of him reaching double figures this season but that's all gone quiet now.

Goodie and McGinn could use finding the net as well.

(I'll go Pawlett, Goodie, and McGinn for a 3-0 Dons win next Saturday.)

McGinn scored last week...

I know.

(It doubled his season total.)

He's been a little down about all the posts, and crossbars, and near misses (and general lack of productivity) so putting together a wee run would do the world of good.

I would say that it's a fairly general priniciple that if you allow McGinn, Hayes and Pawlett to play, 9 times out of 10 you'll lose the game.

United seemed to have a bit of death wish about them, as they gave these 3 the freedom of the park.

I simply can't imagine that they'll give these players as much space at Hampden in a month..

I would say that it's a fairly general priniciple that if you allow McGinn, Hayes and Pawlett to play, 9 times out of 10 you'll lose the game.

United seemed to have a bit of death wish about them, as they gave these 3 the freedom of the park.

I simply can't imagine that they'll give these players as much space at Hampden in a month..

There's some fairly shit defending right there. Horrible from Czerniak for the first one and the United are just standing about watching them for the second. A bit like last season's defending - I think it's maybe time to try John Souttar further up the pitch...

There's some fairly shit defending right there. Horrible from Czerniak for the first one and the United are just standing about watching them for the second. A bit like last season's defending - I think it's maybe time to try John Souttar further up the pitch...

agreed Adam. Not sure why Mcnamara persists with souttar at CH. has been tried there enough and at the moment is too easily bossed. Another game where we needed a bit of dig in midfield and it wasnt there. would like to see Souttar playing in front of the defence, he is far better with the ball on the ground than trying to win crosses.

I also don't know how Utd do quite so we'll with Paton in the team - he's a shocking fitba player. Suggestions of Souttar in that position could only be positive.

Paton's been brilliant the last season and a half. I had my doubts too, but his destructive qualities are very important. He lifts the shit that lets the rest of them play (sometimes).

Paton's been brilliant the last season and a half. I had my doubts too, but his destructive qualities are very important. He lifts the shit that lets the rest of them play (sometimes).

Fair enough, you watch him most weeks. I just don't see it. He's seems slow, lumbering, not very good on the ball.....and he's a pretendy hard man! He seems to kill uniteds momentum too. Now Rankin I get.

He is slow and lumbering and he's not very good on the ball but somehow he just works in there. He has plenty of critics among United fans, but he seems to be McNamara's preferred option with Rankin and Butcher taking the other place. Would be interesting to see if Souttar can hack it there.

Been suggestions here that he spat on Hayes. I tend not to believe it, I'm sure Aberdeen would have taken it further if he did...

Can't really tell. Would be the same pictures if he'd just called him a cuunt.

I never argued he was a nice guy. A massive Rangers supporter for a start....

Johnny Hayes stating on Twitter that Paton never spat on him....and what is said on the pitch stays on the pitch (apart from racism obviously).

I think he may have but unintentionally. I think some spittal came out when he shouted at him. not very nice either way mind you.