Improving Scottish Football - Suggestions? - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Improving Scottish Football - Suggestions?

I am not sure about that... if it is devolved why don't we have our own athletics team.... why cant we enter athletics competitions (except commonwealth) we had to ask the Smith commission if this was ok, ( they haven't replied) so if we had the power we would do it, don't let the press fool u into thinking we were given lots of power last month....

ps 55% with total population is around 47... :ok:

It is devolved

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a bit more variety would spice things up, stmirren away is already a bit of a Groundhog Day after about 4 years? rugby park, yawn, and I'm sure their fans feel the same about a trip to Fir park.

For variety and excitement that's why I thought the 12-12-18 switching to 8-8-8 for final places was an idea that was tempting to try.

For variety and excitement that's why I thought the 12-12-18 switching to 8-8-8 for final places was an idea that was tempting to try.

I think folk can be dismissive of any new ideas, despite complaining about the status quo, but there were some massive flaws in the 8-8-8 argument that would be hard to overlook!

that would have been an amazing set up this season with the 3 bigger teams in first division....

Sport is devolved so Scottish Government can spend £50 million if it wants. It could even raise anew tax. Loads of options and power.

I'm talking about football as per topic.

although you were nt really....

Football is part of sport , but all sport is not devolved.. not all bits are devolved, as you well know..

Cowdenbeath Hearts game postponed today and rearranged for Tuesday 23rd December

Im sure they would get a better crowd if they played it next year

That is crazy.

Aberdeen and Ross County are both out the cup and have a midweek game scheduled for mid January. Not holding my breath that they will see sense and move the game to the Saturday in February when the next round of the cup is played.

2. Marketing. The league is terrible at marketing itself. It doesn't help that the people in charge don't seem to even pretend that they like the league and enjoy it. A decent highlights package would be a big start. Young fans need to see their local team as an option and not be taken in by the fierce marketing of the top sides in England, and even Spain.

That has been far and away the biggest problem for years.

Thinking of going to our 2 upcoming away games at St Mirren and Hamilton.

Saw the ticket info for Hamilton Away, and it's just baffling! It'll be an on the day decision, dependant on childcare etc. but.....

Tickets are also now on sale for our New Years Day derby with Hamilton Accies at New Douglas Park.

Fans are advised that, at the moment, this is an all ticket game and it unlikely there will be a cash gate. There is also no overspill area so tickets sold for this game will be purely for the Spice of Life Stand, located behind the goals.

The prices are as follows:

ADULTS: £22

CONCESSIONS (over 65): £10

JUVENILE (under 18):

So you need to buy your ticket in advance for a half empty stadium, with no PATG facility and the Gazebo sitting empty, even if there is demand for it...

Lower prices to £10 for Adult and £5 for child all league games, should never be more than that to watch a game of footbal especially the quality in scotland

Another thing i would like to see is well the campiagn heavy hadns empty stands as well, i think certain grounds supporters get treated very bad for wanting to stand up and sing and if you even a few drinks and are tipsy at Ross County then you dont get in, of course supporters going be tipsy travelling up there having a drink with mates making day off it.

Would like to see return of safe standing as well at grounds, i personally hate sitting at stadiums.

Also start season 4 weeks earlier at Start of July and have a winter break close down week before christmas open back up last week in January.

That is crazy.

Aberdeen and Ross County are both out the cup and have a midweek game scheduled for mid January. Not holding my breath that they will see sense and move the game to the Saturday in February when the next round of the cup is played.

I hope you never held your breath for this long. That was announced today. Saturday of the scottish cup it's been moved to.

Also,regarding the nachos,will they have seperate areas to keep them and people to serve them with/without jalapeños?

I dont like them,and don't want my nachos ruined and burn my mouth :ok:

Lower prices to £10 for Adult and £5 for child all league games, should never be more than that to watch a game of footbal especially the quality in scotland

£10? That would be the death of the game.

Crowds would go up, but nowhere near enough to stop clubs losing a huge amount of money.

Safe standing would make difference I reckon.

The taylor report into the Hillsborough disaster and their law to install all seated stadia was to the detrament of Scottish football. Millions of pounds was spent.

The true root cause, the incompetence of the Yorkshire police is only now being acknowledged.

There is some argument for larger stadia to have all seater criteria ( Ibrox had its own disaster well before Hillsborough). But fir park has an average attendance of 6K, there is no need for an all seated stadia for those numbers.

Justice for the '96, but the damage done to scottish football is also criminal.

Edited by Robroysboy