Schoolboy Due To Be Suspended For Making 14K Selling Chocolate And Sweets At School - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Schoolboy Due To Be Suspended For Making 14K Selling Chocolate And Sweets At School

He has already been offered a job, too.

As I said before the pseudo-intellectual jumped in talking shyte, good luck to the boy.

Well if we want to talk intelligence there are ways of making an independent comparison of two people. I hesitate to offer such a competition to a known welcher but you seem confident of yourself and a fool and their money are easily parted.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:cry:

how about you Stevie, you're making a big deal of me having chimps typing for me,as i said to OLAS there are ways of comparing two individuals intelligence independently. that way we dont need to talk about who's thick or not we'll actually have some objective results?

how about you Stevie, you're making a big deal of me having chimps typing for me,as i said to OLAS there are ways of comparing two individuals intelligence independently. that way we dont need to talk about who's thick or not we'll actually have some objective results?

My belligerence towards you has got nothing to do with who's intelligent and who's not. The condescending, pseudo-intellectual, patronising, pompous pish which flows from every one of your keystrokes is what I find loathsome. You come across as a bully quite frankly.

My belligerence towards you has got nothing to do with who's intelligent and who's not. The condescending, pseudo-intellectual, patronising, pompous pish which flows from every one of your keystrokes is what I find loathsome. You come across as a bully quite frank

I don't care about the belligerence i hadn't even noticed you had issue with my every key-stroke. Or felt i was bullying you. I'm just trying to establish using objective measures who really is the "pseudo-intellectual" in these discussions , it's easy to say folk are pseudo-intellectual from behind the safety of a computer screen. what i'm saying is you're the pseudo-intellectual here and i'm more than willing to put my money where my mouth is in this regard, while you appear to be full of wind and piss.

Balls in your court.

I don't care about the belligerence i hadn't even noticed you had issue with my every key-stroke. Or felt i was bullying you. I'm just trying to establish using objective measures who really is the "pseudo-intellectual" in these discussions , it's easy to say folk are pseudo-intellectual from behind the safety of a computer screen. what i'm saying is you're the pseudo-intellectual here and i'm more than willing to put my money where my mouth is in this regard, while you appear to be full of wind and piss.

Balls in your court.

:lol: As usual, a big 'whooooosh'. I didn't say you were bullying me, I said you come across as a bully. You really do need a long look in the mirror pal

Warburg's hypothesis was postulated by the Nobel laureate Otto Heinrich Warburg in 1924.[3] He hypothesized that cancer, malignant growth, and tumor growth are caused by the fact that tumor cells mainly generate energy (as e.g. adenosine triphosphate / ATP) by non-oxidative breakdown of glucose (a process called glycolysis). This is in contrast to "healthy" cells which mainly generate energy from oxidative breakdown of pyruvate. Pyruvate is an end-product of glycolysis, and is oxidized within the mitochondria. Hence, according to Warburg, the driver of cancer cells should be interpreted as stemming from a lowering of mitochondrial respiration. Warburg reported a fundamental difference between normal and cancerous cells to be the ratio of glycolysis to respiration; this observation is also known as the Warburg effect.

edt: The sugar industry surpasses the tobacco industry in evilness by an order of magnitude. What is this manufactured additive that you are all gorging yourself on. Do you think it a coincidence cancer has gone nuts as sugar consumption has exploded?

Would they lie to you? Did the fag companies lie to you.

Edited by thplinth

:lol: As usual, a big 'whooooosh'. I didn't say you were bullying me, I said you come across as a bully. You really do need a long look in the mirror pal

:-)) :-))

So you're just going to ignore the challenge then? You're no as daft as i first thought, guess it's up to OLAS to pay my Christmas now, doubt he will be up for it either, preferring to call someone pseudo-intellectual as opposed to taking a test and removing all doubt.

So who was i talking to when i came across as a bully then? Surely you can provide that?

Or are you just a grima wormtongue? the office bitch?

Edited by phart

:-)) :-))

So you're just going to ignore the challenge then? You're no as daft as i first thought, guess it's up to OLAS to pay my Christmas now, doubt he will be up for it either, preferring to call someone pseudo-intellectual as opposed to taking a test and removing all doubt.

So who was i talking to when i came across as a bully then? Surely you can provide that?

Or are you just a grima wormtongue? the office bitch?

Here's your mirror :wave:

pseudo-intellectual:

1. One who attempts to flex intellect that does not exist within his or her own mind.

2. Can probably be found with a thesaurus in hand, while in a chat room, looking up new insults that are synonymous with "stupid" in order to boost his or her own undeserved ego.

3. Typical cases of pseudo-intellectualism involve pre-pubescent 15 year olds that think they have everything figured out, including, but not limited to: life, religion, politics, education, and sex. Ironically, they have never quite experienced many of the aforementioned.

4. Pretends he or she has an opinion.

5. Posseses a severe tendency to blindly and wholeheartedly believe any bullshit they hear, only to subsequently regurgitate the misinformation to anyone they see in an asinine attempt to appear more intelligent than a used, broken condom.

6. Should the victim of the verbal onslaught happen to have a differing opinion, the pseudo-intellectual will revert to his or her thesaurus and insult the opposition with words he or she never knew existed, and probably cannot even pronounce.

7. Annoyingly and constantly refers to the word antidisestablishmentarianism (or insert the favoured new word of the day) as if knowledge of said word defined his or her illegitimately high intelligence quotient.

8. Typically a hypocrite; creates many, many contradictions. Most online grammar/spelling Nazis can relate.

pseudo-intellectual:

1. One who attempts to flex intellect that does not exist within his or her own mind.

2. Can probably be found with a thesaurus in hand, while in a chat room, looking up new insults that are synonymous with "stupid" in order to boost his or her own undeserved ego.

3. Typical cases of pseudo-intellectualism involve pre-pubescent 15 year olds that think they have everything figured out, including, but not limited to: life, religion, politics, education, and sex. Ironically, they have never quite experienced many of the aforementioned.

4. Pretends he or she has an opinion.

5. Posseses a severe tendency to blindly and wholeheartedly believe any bullshit they hear, only to subsequently regurgitate the misinformation to anyone they see in an asinine attempt to appear more intelligent than a used, broken condom.

6. Should the victim of the verbal onslaught happen to have a differing opinion, the pseudo-intellectual will revert to his or her thesaurus and insult the opposition with words he or she never knew existed, and probably cannot even pronounce.

7. Annoyingly and constantly refers to the word antidisestablishmentarianism (or insert the favoured new word of the day) as if knowledge of said word defined his or her illegitimately high intelligence quotient.

8. Typically a hypocrite; creates many, many contradictions. Most online grammar/spelling Nazis can relate.

your uncredited source is urban dictionary, maybe OLAS uses that as well and thats why he thought i got initiative wrong.

Are you aware of the irony of calling someone a pseudo-intellectual then posting a link to Urban dictionary? My guess would be no.

pseudo-intellectual:

1. One who attempts to flex intellect that does not exist within his or her own mind. Offered to objectively compare intellects to show an actual value, this was rebuffed by the real pseudo-intellectual in this discussion

2. Can probably be found with a thesaurus in hand, while in a chat room, looking up new insults that are synonymous with "stupid" in order to boost his or her own undeserved ego. Nah that's to troll Larky.

3. Typical cases of pseudo-intellectualism involve pre-pubescent 15 year olds that think they have everything figured out, including, but not limited to: life, religion, politics, education, and sex. Ironically, they have never quite experienced many of the aforementioned. i'm 35

4. Pretends he or she has an opinion. no pretense

5. Posseses a severe tendency to blindly and wholeheartedly believe any bullshit they hear, only to subsequently regurgitate the misinformation to anyone they see in an asinine attempt to appear more intelligent than a used, broken condom. Yeah like Lance Armstrong being clean or kraeigh being real, all those things i've fallen...

6. Should the victim of the verbal onslaught happen to have a differing opinion, the pseudo-intellectual will revert to his or her thesaurus and insult the opposition with words he or she never knew existed, and probably cannot even pronounce. That's not fair after all i'm talking to you, anyone who's read more than 4 books will have a vocabularly which will trigger this point

7. Annoyingly and constantly refers to the word antidisestablishmentarianism (or insert the favoured new word of the day) as if knowledge of said word defined his or her illegitimately high intelligence quotient. Nope not done this

8. Typically a hypocrite; creates many, many contradictions. Most online grammar/spelling Nazis can relate. i stopped the grammar nazi's on here and you'll not be able to provide an example of me being a hypocrite whether thats because it doesn't exist or it;s beyond your capabilities is open for discussion.

Urban Dictionary , amazing. so in the process of charging me with pseud-intellectuality you google "pseudo-intellectual" then copy and paste the top result without accreditation which just happens to be the internet version of the profanasaurus.

Well what can one do against such a weighty and distinguished bastion of learning as Urrban Dictionary, i must be a pseudo-intellectual then, no need for the test now :-)):-))

Urban Dictionary , amazing. so in the process of charging me with pseud-intellectuality you google "pseudo-intellectual" then copy and paste the top result without accreditation which just happens to be the internet version of the profanasaurus.

Well what can one do against such a weighty and distinguished bastion of learning as Urrban Dictionary, i must be a pseudo-intellectual then, no need for the test now :-)):-))

You really don't do irony do you? Didn't think you'd take such a big bite right enough.

As I heard someone shout at the ref at the ROI game, 'ach, away and throw shite at yersel'.

:moon:

Not about you being a pseudo-intellectual bully, no.

We can test the intellectual thing no bother Stevie. We both know the reasons you'll never accept it though.

1 Your assertion will be proven false

2. You're scared of how big a gap there would be between us and don't want that public knowledge, there's a reason you're spending your saturday night getting all teary-eyed judgmental about someone who posts on the same message board as you, and it's not because you're doing it in between writing your thesis to give your brain a break.

Probably on minimum wage

Lamia, everyone has to start somewhere. Life isn't fair it never has been and never will be. I would agree that everyone should be paid a living wage. Probably where we disagree is that in my view everyone should look to move on from that. But we have a minimum wage plenty of countries don't !!! Life isn't this bad in the uk it offers opportunities if you want to take them. Don't get me wrong there's plenty that's ####ed up bit it isn't that bad ;-) Edited by Nobby

Lamia, everyone has to start somewhere. Life isn't fair it never has been and never will be. I would agree that everyone should be paid a living wage. Probably where we disagree is that in my view everyone should look to move on from that. But we have a minimum wage plenty of countries don't !!! Life isn't this bad in the uk it offers opportunities if you want to take them. Don't get me wrong there's plenty that's ####ed up bit it isn't that bad ;-)

Ideally everyone should look to move on from a minimum wage job but how practical is that? Society is always going to need people who work minimum wage jobs, the real problem is when that wage doesn't allow people a reasonable standard of living.

Ideally everyone should look to move on from a minimum wage job but how practical is that? Society is always going to need people who work minimum wage jobs, the real problem is when that wage doesn't allow people a reasonable standard of living.

Which is why there should be a living wage, there are firms in London that now support this and it should be adopted across the uk. Society will always need people to empty the bins but they should earn enough to support their family. What I object to is that the benefit system has turned from a safety net into a lifestyle choice and I say that as someone who lives in the southeast of England and sees more than enough pisstakers.

We can test the intellectual thing no bother Stevie. We both know the reasons you'll never accept it though.

1 Your assertion will be proven false

2. You're scared of how big a gap there would be between us and don't want that public knowledge, there's a reason you're spending your saturday night getting all teary-eyed judgmental about someone who posts on the same message board as you, and it's not because you're doing it in between writing your thesis to give your brain a break.

I'm slightly pissed but if you are ever in the city of London (goes for wibble bzzzz flat earth lamia piston broke ruary andriemack thplinth parklife flure jimbers ) give me a shout !!

Which is why there should be a living wage, there are firms in London that now support this and it should be adopted across the uk. Society will always need people to empty the bins but they should earn enough to support their family. What I object to is that the benefit system has turned from a safety net into a lifestyle choice and I say that as someone who lives in the southeast of England and sees more than enough pisstakers.

Agreed about the living wage. Although I'm not confident that it will ever be introduced.

I'd argue that the small difference between living on benefits and working a minimum wage job is to blame for the number of piss takers.

Agreed about the living wage. Although I'm not confident that it will ever be introduced.

I'd argue that the small difference between living on benefits and working a minimum wage job is to blame for the number of piss takers.

Agreed there will always be a line between working and taking the benefit, why should someone start to work when they are better off on benefits it's a no brainer !! What I would argue is that there's too many in this country that do take the piss and I'm not talking about immigrants (who actually work) the benefit system in this country has turned from a safety net into a lifestyle choice for too many.