Hearts Vs Rangers - Page 7 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The worst aspect of this result is that it does not bring McCoist's departure any closer. He and his management team will hang on to the bitter end. Why? With the exception Kenny Mac, the other two are utterly unemployable in any coaching/management capacity . There was a time when I would have said Ally's presence at the club was more important than his ability to get results. He represented the fans and the soul of the club in the face of countless others who had only financial gain in their minds. Now that is gone for me. Ally Ally GTF is not that far away from being chanted and that will be bad. Also its going to be hard to distinguish between boycotting fans and those who have had enough of the crap football. I think you will see fans deserting the club in their droves.

ps any tickets going for QoTS away ? :wink2: :wink2:

I'm sure I heard this being chanted yesterday after the McLeod substitution. Followed up by a rendition of 'Super Ally' from the Hearts fans.

Hannibal can maybe confirm

I'm sure I heard this being chanted yesterday after the McLeod substitution. Followed up by a rendition of 'Super Ally' from the Hearts fans.

Hannibal can maybe confirm

yeah it was chanted when the sub was made by pretty much everyone in the away end.

I don't think McCoist got a lot wrong yesterday to be honest.

He set out to press Hearts high up the pitch and stop us playing out from the back which worked very well for you until a moment of stupidity from Smith.

Daly up front was winning a lot of the ball and created a fair amount of chances, i was quite happy when he went off.

If anything it was the senior pros in your team who should be getting pelters today, Miller was getting involved in everything and was pretty close to getting sent off himself so McCoist hauled him off before he was sent off. His conduct when he was going off the pitch was pretty pathetic as well.

As soon as Boyd came on he looked like he was trying to 'do' someone and it was a pretty horrendous challenge on MacKay.

The game changed when Keatings came on for El Hass, gave us a bit of bite up front and he caused McCulloch and Moshni problems who had looked pretty comfortable up to that point. Even after the first goal Alexander had some pretty good saves and there was the one Eckersley deflected onto his own bar. Some pretty wasteful finishing from Rangers as well.

yeah it was chanted when the sub was made by pretty much everyone in the away end.

I don't think McCoist got a lot wrong yesterday to be honest.

He set out to press Hearts high up the pitch and stop us playing out from the back which worked very well for you until a moment of stupidity from Smith.

Daly up front was winning a lot of the ball and created a fair amount of chances, i was quite happy when he went off.

If anything it was the senior pros in your team who should be getting pelters today, Miller was getting involved in everything and was pretty close to getting sent off himself so McCoist hauled him off before he was sent off. His conduct when he was going off the pitch was pretty pathetic as well.

As soon as Boyd came on he looked like he was trying to 'do' someone and it was a pretty horrendous challenge on MacKay.

The game changed when Keatings came on for El Hass, gave us a bit of bite up front and he caused McCulloch and Moshni problems who had looked pretty comfortable up to that point. Even after the first goal Alexander had some pretty good saves and there was the one Eckersley deflected onto his own bar. Some pretty wasteful finishing from Rangers as well.

I would agree with a lot of that although I think you are making it sound a lot closer than it was. Perhaps being gracious in victory which is fair enough mate.

Agree regards the senior pros and I said exactly that earlier in the thread. Boyds was a shocker, worse than Smith IMO.

I suppose when I look at performances from us now I'm maybe clouded as I always look at the bigger picture rather than the game itself. It really irks me that we have Miller, Boyd, Moshni, Smith, Black, McCulloch, Foster and Daly even at the club never mind the team.

So aye I would possibly agree Ally didn't do a lot wrong yesterday. Bigger picture? A complete shambles.

Edited by Angus_Young

I had hoped that Al Hasnaoui was just lacking in match fitness and sharpness, and that a run of games in the team would sort that out. He's had that now, still looks like the proverbial cart horse. Doesn't win the ball in the air or hold it up; doesn't make runs into space; doesn't 'work' opposition defenders when they have the ball. Not worth a place in the team, certainly not the starting line-up. If fitness problems persist with Sow, Keatings and Carrick I'd stick Paterson up front over the next couple of weeks as a stop-gap. Needs must. The flair has gone, but considering who we had missing yesterday, Neilson deserves a lot of credit for securing three points in what was, joking aside, a huge game for us which could easily have gone the other way. At this stage in the season, in a league where the top three aren't going to drop too many points, a nine point lead at the top rather than three, with goal difference improved as well, represents a very good days work.

Edited by Pool Q

Hearts have impressed me from the very start of the season. The difference in coaching is embarrassingly evident from Levein at the top and now Neilson. Their players are hungry to achieve. They may drop points but so will we. We are in the lottery of the play offs I am afraid.

Edited by EddardStark

I would agree with a lot of that although I think you are making it sound a lot closer than it was. Perhaps being gracious in victory which is fair enough mate.

Agree regards the senior pros and I said exactly that earlier in the thread. Boyds was a shocker, worse than Smith IMO.

I suppose when I look at performances from us now I'm maybe clouded as I always look at the bigger picture rather than the game itself. It really irks me that we have Miller, Boyd, Moshni, Smith, Black, McCulloch, Foster and Daly even at the club never mind the team.

So aye I would possibly agree Ally didn't do a lot wrong yesterday. Bigger picture? A complete shambles.

Didn't do a lot wrong yesterday but as usual didn't actually do a lot however hesigned all but one of the diddies on that list and seems determined to stick by them however little they deliver on the pitch which is at the root of our problems.

Didn't do a lot wrong yesterday but as usual didn't actually do a lot however hesigned all but one of the diddies on that list and seems determined to stick by them however little they deliver on the pitch which is at the root of our problems.

Exactly my point. The one he didn't sign is of course mcculloch. A good servant but let's be serious, he is well past his best. Continually under par for a couple of seasons.

Ally's answer? Make him captain and put him to centre half. The mind really does boggle.

Even Wallace has transformed into a dumpling under his leadership. Some Gers fans STILL claim he is the best left back in Scotland. Laughable really.

Edited by Angus_Young

Were certainly pressing high! Guy was level with his own 6 yard box when smith went through him!

Could make a case for the red card being on the harsh side, (not that I agree it should be a factor but) especially so early in the game.

Having said that, Rangers lacked a bit of discipline, and someone would have gone in that game, as you could also make a case for Thomson bottling a couple of calls to reduce Rangers to 9 men, or booking Law for diving.

The Hearts penalty was naive in the extreme from Black, boy reeled him in so easily!

Agree with whoever said that Rangers experienced players, which accounts for a fair percentage of that team, let them down.

I just hope Motherwell don't end up in the play offs!! (Although what a way that would be to end a 13 1/2 year hoodoo!)

Jon daly in the papers saying the hearts cheated and conned the ref throughout this game to get the win. didn't see the game, but sounds a bit harsh on the young jambos!

yeah this is the bit i liked best

'I think it’s a man’s game and, when a player gets hit and he goes down screaming like he has been shot by a sniper, I don’t think it really helps the case.'

especially after this

and this

Jon daly in the papers saying the hearts cheated and conned the ref throughout this game to get the win. didn't see the game, but sounds a bit harsh on the young jambos!

Rangers were the dirtiest team I have seen at Tynecastle for years. They set out to bully their way to a win and, thankfully, they failed. They could easily have ended the game with 7 men on the park. The only one who went down easily was Law who should hopefully be getting a visit from the compliance officer in the next couple of days; although of course the BBC didn't even mention his dive

Apart from their thuggishness, their brand of football? was totally embarrassing to watch; it consisted of one of their fullbacks or centre halves getting the ball and booting it as far up the pitch as they could, was a throw back to the dark ages

Edited by dipped flake

Rangers were the dirtiest team I have seen at Tynecastle for years. They set out to bully their way to a win and, thankfully, they failed. They could easily have ended the game with 7 men on the park. The only one who went down easily was Law who should hopefully be getting a visit from the compliance officer in the next couple of days; although of course the BBC didn't even mention his dive

Apart from their thuggishness, their brand of football? was totally embarrassing to watch; it consisted of one of their fullbacks or centre halves getting the ball and booting it as far up the pitch as they could, was a throw back to the dark ages

I presume you're not including Hearts in that statement....

I felt for all the football purists on here that had to watch the Hearts game on Saturday. Poor souls must, have been such a trial for you. Fortunately Thistle and Aberdeen yesterday will have restored your faith in the beautiful game by serving up the sort of high quality, skilful game you guys watch week in week out.