England Match Thread - Page 14 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

England Match Thread

1320lichtie

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back on the theme of the dodgy ITV sound...when Scotland scored they didn't have time to un-filter the Scotland fans. That's why it sounded like everyone was cheering with a pillow in their mouths (on French tv...)

Edit: Just put on an ITV stream and the sound is a bit clearer. Conspiracy averted.

Edited by thewelk

30 years ago I'd have hated getting beat by this mob, friendly or not, but you know what, I don't really give a fekk, we won the important game of the 2 and that's what matters. :ok:

Darned tootin'. No shame in it either, another learning experience for Hanley, Robertson etc. The trend is still positive.

right thats enough of these friendlies with england, was always going to be a big ask, the press tried their best to drum up excitment about the game but i dont think anyone was that up for it, all this talk of this intimidating atmosphere in the lions den and how england had to cope with it was over the top and bordering on embarrassing celtic park for a tuesday night friendly is not exactly istanbul or the bombanera

Chris martin just looked poor. Better off giving guys like may and russell a real.opportunity. Some of the players looked a bit jaded......mulgrew, whittaker. But much rather lose this than fridays. Onwards and upwords.

Exactly. I'd take a beating from england after every single qualifier if it meant 3pts.

Doesn't help me feel better tonight though.

The only thing I feel is neutrality. Like I'd watched a europa league game in a Thursday.

Was all about last Friday.

I don't think the trend is positive because there were some really big problems tonight, on and off the bench.

STILL NO STRIKERS!!!!!

CENTRAL DEFENDERS STILL NOT SOLID.

NO PACE ON THE RIGHT(without Hutton)

NO STREGNTH IN DEPTH (or else why not freshen the team before the kick off).

Hope im wrong.

I don't think the trend is positive because there were some really big problems tonight, on and off the bench.

STILL NO STRIKERS!!!!!

CENTRAL DEFENDERS STILL NOT SOLID.

NO PACE ON THE RIGHT(without Hutton)

NO STREGNTH IN DEPTH (or else why not freshen the team before the kick off).

Hope im wrong.

You know we got three points on Friday night and that tonight's game was just a friendly don't you ?

Saw reported that:

England squad: £143m

Scotland squad: £9m

Not really relevant though is it, the gap over recent years has got wider. Once upon a time results between the two countries was 50:50 but if we'd been playing them regularly since the demise of the home internationals that gap would have widened. We're not producing the quality of player we used to although there are some signs for optimism.

At the end of the day tho' I'm not too bothered we lost, Friday was the game we had to win and we did. If we're going to lose I'd prefer it to be a meaningless friendly rather than in a Euro qualifier and if it reminds us all that we're still work in progress then thats not a bad thing and hopefully will pay dividends in the long term.