Aldi - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Aldi creating 35k jobs in UK over the next few years......I presume many in Scotland? All that after many,not including them, said that if we went independence they'd need to pull out of the country.Anyone would think the Westminster Government had a foot on the neck of the other supermarkets back in September .......

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aldi pay Minimum wage.as do most other supermarkets, they provide many part time jobs for parents with school age children. They have a higher %age of Scottish products on offer than the 'bigger' London based Supermarkets.

I cant see why its a bad thing

The reason the Big London ones said they were against Indy, was no doubt that Cameron promised them a knighthood or peerage , we shall wait ad see the next honours list...

Aldi and Lidl pay the living wage, never mind the minimum wage (which every employer is obliged to pay). I have heard of people leaving the civil service to go and work for them, as the wages are better or at least on a par these days. They also pay their suppliers a fairer price than many of the 'leading' supermarkets.

By all accounts their staff are expected to graft though; no sitting at the checkout staring into space when it's quiet, like you sometimes see at the Tescos of this world.

You're right about grafting. In Dumfries its not unusual to see the assistant manager leaving what he's doing to help clear a queue. Both good supermarkets though and Lidl getting great press for the Value for Money of their wine compared with every other supermarket (plus M & S) While I'm on, Lidl's vintage cheddar is absolutely brilliant! IMHO of course.

Ive never liked Aldi or Lidl stores. Basics like Pepsi Max, Irn Bru , sweeties, crisps etc from Poundland, B&M Bargains or Home Bargains - Morrisons for the rest.

I bought a clock from B&M for £3.99 that costs me £18.75 in batteries every month.I also spent £2 on masking tape from there and had to spend £5 on better masking to hold their stuff down.

I started shopping in Lidlls just over a year ago and I don't think I will ever shop at another supermarket again.

I tend to shop in Lidl and I really like it. Their meat is good quality, as is the fruit and veg compared to other supermarkets. I occasionally go to Aldi as it's close to my house but Lidl is better. They also do these brioche burger buns that are just awesome for making homemade burgers.