Aldi - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lidl in Poland has a fantastic beer selection. 'Especially chosen' and it changes every other week. :ok:

Mostly Polish, German microbreweries but had Scottish, English drinks and many more in the past.

The Scottish stuff (Thistle IPA) sold out in a day, and it wasn't cheap for Polish prices. (80p for 330ml compared to 40/50p for 500ml).

Aldi is also here, but they are few and far between since they're relatively new to the market.

You're right about grafting. In Dumfries its not unusual to see the assistant manager leaving what he's doing to help clear a queue. Both good supermarkets though and Lidl getting great press for the Value for Money of their wine compared with every other supermarket (plus M & S) While I'm on, Lidl's vintage cheddar is absolutely brilliant! IMHO of course.

I go into the Dumfries branch of Aldi quite often. I find the layout a bit confusing when trying to find a specific item but the prices are far far lower than Tesco and the quality of their fruit and veg is far better. Tend to use Aldi for most stuff and Tesco for anything more exotic that Aldi don't stock. Tesco prices, and the way they try to con people with higher unit prices for larger packs, annoy me.