Callum Paterson Added To Squad - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Callum Paterson Added To Squad

a_broxibear

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers for the insult bud. But surely when Dixon ain't even in the squad it was inevitable that your proposed pairing would be questioned?

That;s the fella I was trying to remember, Dixon, seem to remember him playing and doing pretty well but then disappearing.. a player doing well then not being picked insinuates it was Leveins handy work.

That;s the fella I was trying to remember, Dixon, seem to remember him playing and doing pretty well but then disappearing.. a player doing well then not being picked insinuates it was Leveins handy work.

I mentioned him yesterday in another thread (call off/injuries thread). At Huddersfield now I think.

Edited by fringo

He actually did do well, comparatively. Played against Serbia at home, got mom if I remember correctly? Hasn't featured much since hence the coma comment I made. Not the answer unless semi-major injury crisis. And yeah at Huddersfield now.

I'd actually almost completely agree. I don't think he is far away. In fact if he didn't have such an injury prone last couple of seasons he wouldn't be with thistle and would be knocking on the door of a call up.

He won't be a thistle for long. That is the only certainty. I think he has more than enough to be capped a fair few times for Scotland.

Think he will join jackie at United sooner rather than later then get a decent move before playing for Scotland. If he can stay fit. Very similar in style to Robertson, who was also released by Celtic.

He wasn't my favourite player last season but he's came on a treat after his injuries. His wing play is superb - really knows how to get a cross in and beat a man. Will likely collect potm sometime soon.

Shame Taylor-Sinclair isn't getting a sniff down at Wigan. Just one first team appearance 6 months ago. I thought he'd go on to earn a cap or two.

What a thread and to think they used to call Celtic fans MOPES :-)) oh the irony, Neither should be called up with any intention of playing them unless a total last resort as the SPFL Championship is poor (my team play there so not biased) I would bet neither will be involved and will get the same as Gauld, May and McGregor the chance to join in the training session and a bit of experience nothing more.

I noticew that Callum Paterson from Hearts has been called up to the squad this morning. Is he going to get the same abuse that McLeod did for being called up because he happens to be a 1st division player? :rolleyes:

As has been said he didn't get abused personally, all that was said is he isn't playing at a good enough level and shouldn't be in the squad and I would say the same for Patterson so for all those "its because of who he plays for" naw its no its because of the shitey league he plays on.

I think Dixon is still at Huddersfield, but struggling to get a game. Re Paterson, I'm a Hearts fan, I don't think he is good enough for the Scotland squad. Despite wishful thinking from some it's got nothing to do with club rivalry, merely a recognition that someone who looks alright, no more than that, against Cowdenbeath, Alloa and Dumbarton, isn't ready to make the step up to international level. Then again, hopefully Strachan sees something in him that many of us who watch him each week don't.

Think Hearts problems have had an adverse effect on his career progression to a degree as he's been flung all over the pitch over the last season or so. He's certainly stuck out for me, delighted for the fella and hope that this will be a positive step up in quality for him. Hopefully he can prove himself to be something a bit special which, with a bit more direction, I think he can be!

Is it not what we should be looking for, an under 21 player progressing to the full squad?

That's the whole point of the Mark Wotte plan.

Rather than somebody has a couple of good games and is hailed as the next big thing as has happened in the past.

Did Dixon not play Left back?

Think Hearts problems have had an adverse effect on his career progression to a degree as he's been flung all over the pitch over the last season or so. He's certainly stuck out for me, delighted for the fella and hope that this will be a positive step up in quality for him. Hopefully he can prove himself to be something a bit special which, with a bit more direction, I think he can be!

Didn't realise he was actually English until just now... :shocked:

Don't get how anyone watching Hearts can reckon Paterson is a potential Scotland international. All about opinions though, and clearly Strachan reckons he has something. Incidentally Jordan McGhee is a future Scotland player as a centre-back, but that is a few years (and probably a move to a bigger club in a decent league) down the line.

Edited by Pool Q

Just a wee joke.

been asked on kickback and nobody really answered but not sure if he only qualifies due to schooling as he was born in England. I would assume that with a name like he has he would have Scottish blood

been asked on kickback and nobody really answered but not sure if he only qualifies due to schooling as he was born in England. I would assume that with a name like he has he would have Scottish blood

Scottish parents and grew up in Scotland. Just happened to be born abroad Richard Gough style ;)