Starting 11 Ireland - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Starting 11 Ireland

TartanDave

Craig Gordon back in the sticks for Scotland is something a few months ago I never thought I would see again, really pleased to see the big man back was a legend every time he played and from what I have seen for Celtic is back to being a great keeper again so I would have no problem with him starting. Special mention to his soccer AM appearance when asked if he would support England at the WC (as if Scotlands No1 would say yes :-))​ ) and then refusing to wear the EnglandUnited shirt at Sunderland :cheers3: but I think Marshall will start as I don't think he deserves to be dropped had some great games Norway away was a masterclass we should of been about 4-1 down there.

Marshall

Whittaker Martin Hanley Mulgrew

Brown Fletcher

Maloney Morrison Anya

Naismith

There is absolutely no chance that Darren Fletcher will start.

Everytime he has played for Scotland he has done well imo. Wouldnt bother me to see him play.

I suspect he is firmly in Strachans plans these days and if he had not been injured, I think Strachan would have still named him in his squad with a eye on playing him in Warsaw after serving his suspension v Georgia.

Much prefer Darren Fletcher being in the heart of midfield with Brown and Morrison, but think will be a long time yet before he cements his place in the starting team.

Think he will start one from Mulgrew, Bannan and Maloney with the rest of the team picking itself almost.

Think Strachan go with

---------------------------------------Marshall

Whittaker---------------Hanley----------------Martin---------------Robertson

---------------------------------Mulgrew-----------Brown

Morrison---------------------------------------------------------------------Anya

---------------------------------------Naismith

---------------------------------------S.Fletcher

Team i hope he goes for and expect him to go for:

Marshall

Whittaker

Hanley

Martin

Robertson

Brown

Morrison

Maloney

Naismith

Anya

Fletcher

This is without doubt the most talented and exciting group of players we've assembled in years and a result here throws us right into where we want to be to take us with high hopes into next year.

Republic are a decent side with great fans which we will welcome and respect but we're at home, we will all be right behind the lads from start to finish :sing: ,we have real ambition ,quality,and belief in our squad as they all do in each other.

2-0 Bonnie Scotland nae probs. :cheers3:

Team i hope he goes for and expect him to go for:

Marshall

Whittaker

Hanley

Martin

Robertson

Brown

Morrison

Maloney

Naismith

Anya

Fletcher

This is without doubt the most talented and exciting group of players we've assembled in years and a result here throws us right into where we want to be to take us with high hopes into next year.

Republic are a decent side with great fans which we will welcome and respect but we're at home, we will all be right behind the lads from start to finish :sing: ,we have real ambition ,quality,and belief in our squad as they all do in each other.

2-0 Bonnie Scotland nae probs. :cheers3:

So one change (because of the injury to Hutton) from the team that could only beat Georgia 1-0 thanks to an own goal - and you think we will beat Ireland more comfortably?

So one change (because of the injury to Hutton) from the team that could only beat Georgia 1-0 thanks to an own goal - and you think we will beat Ireland more comfortably?

Football is like that.

Poland beat Germany 2 - 0 but could only draw with us.

We beat a good Ukraine side 3 - 1 but needed a last minute goal to beat a poorer Georgia team.

Etc

Not saying we will definitely beat Ireland but seen enough from our 3 qualifiers so far to go into the game confidently (as Ireland will also)

Football is like that.

Poland beat Germany 2 - 0 but could only draw with us.

We beat a good Ukraine side 3 - 1 but needed a last minute goal to beat a poorer Georgia team.

Etc

Not saying we will definitely beat Ireland but seen enough from our 3 qualifiers so far to go into the game confidently (as Ireland will also)

Exactly - Lets be positive here we are a good side now and play with an attacking confidence that we haven't seen from a Scotland side in several campaigns.

Roll on Friday night and hopefully, three points

Of course we have reason to be positive. We have lost one game in well over a year and that was against the world champions. We have beaten teams I'd say were more talented than Ireland as well such as Croatia (twice) and we have tightened up at the back as well. The pressure is on us a little bit more to get the win so that is my only concern. We have some players out through injury but Ireland have more so we cannot blame injuries for not delivering tomorrow. Hopefully, we will rise to the occasion and deliver three points - if so we are bang in contention. A draw does us no real favours but is not the end of the world but just means we'd be looking to go to Ireland and win. A defeat and that would be like a stake through our heart and be a massive blow to if not end our qualifying hopes.