Dons V Celtic - Page 12 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Dons V Celtic

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think any Celtic fan on here is saying otherwise about the idiots who sang and shouted through the silence yesterday.

I don't know why there's the need for you personally to "condemn them", but there always is, and; I presume deliberately, you don't.

Even there, you've not actually said it.

It's funny how these things turn out as point scoring exercises. Not sure why so many people were videoing a minutes silence? (Well I think we do know actually....)

To be fair to the Celtic support, it was a very small amount of voices, 1 is too many, but you can't account for a handful of idiots who've been drinking since 8am.

Almost without exception, the Celtic fans that post regularly on here are apologists for the large amount of scumbags in their support.

In contrast, most of the Rangers fans that post on here have condemned for years the behaviour of large elements of their support.

There's good and bad in every support. In the TA board context, you can only go with what you read on here.

You must be reading a different board to me. Without meaning to insult you you seem to have a visceral loathing of EK Celt (I think we can all see that) but for the life of me I cannot fathom why? He strikes me as harmless and good natured. As for Wembly67 he seems like a very decent guy. Who are these apologists and where are their posts excusing the scummy element? As for the RFC fans being a contrast...well I don't see that either. Some maybe (a few) but many others are silent or absent when it is their own. There just is not this black versus white difference that you paint on here.

But I don't suppose it makes any difference any more. So whatever...

can't even bring myself to watch any of these video clips

do recall a stooshie some years back at hampden when some hertz fans chose to ignore the minutes silence for a pope passing ; cup final was it ?

Was reported on and condemned all around the world, would have expected better from Britains "bravest" team, an embarrassing day to be from Edinburgh

saddo yet again

I just watched that and it sounds like a few individuals to me. Given the sweeping comments about Celtic fans being scum etc I was expecting a large number to be 'protesting' the minutes silence.

Whatever you think of them using them to smear an entire support most of whom seemed to be observing the silence is worse than the actions of the fannies themselves.

Who was smearing the entire support? The subject if the video was the people who can't keep quiet for 60 seconds. That is the bunch of fannies.

You must be reading a different board to me. Without meaning to insult you you seem to have a visceral loathing of EK Celt (I think we can all see that) but for the life of me I cannot fathom why? He strikes me as harmless and good natured. As for Wembly67 he seems like a very decent guy. Who are these apologists and where are their posts excusing the scummy element? As for the RFC fans being a contrast...well I don't see that either. Some maybe (a few) but many others are silent or absent when it is their own. There just is not this black versus white difference that you paint on here.

I don't loathe anyone, especially someone I've never met.

I just don't see my football team as a cause, or a protest movement, or as a victims society, or as oppressed...and I've got very little time for those who do. IMHO they drag Scotland down.

You're right about the last sentence though, each to their own.

Bizarre post. Both Ek and Wembley consistently defend anything to do with Celtic or their fans no matter what with never a criticism from them to the minority moron element in their support.

I could name half a dozen Rangers fans on here who consistently slate the idiots that follow Rangers or the club when they feel it is deserved.

You either cannot read or are just at it.

I just don't see my football team as a cause, or a protest movement, or as a victims society, or as oppressed...and I've got very little time for those who do. IMHO they drag Scotland down.

Rossy, you've been quite harsh on EK. Hoopy, this, Hoopy that. He canna justify a few knobs. As far as I am aware, he voted the right way. Nae a bad lad.

I am just sad that we cant have the "If it's not on youtube it didnt happen" debate again. :wink2:

Were the people arrested doing something other than making noise? It seems a bit much to arrest somebody for being a knob during a minutes silence.

They've been charged with assault, so possibly a bit more than just making some noise.

You know I could never understand why it was such an important issue for you in the years leading up to 18/9. To be so focussed on driving a wedge in there struck me as tactically mega self destructive. This is why i questioned your motives, I could not understand why someone who wanted a Yes would do that. And to be fair I had a similar feeling about my old mucker Pete (nee JPM). He devoted his TAMB identity to the issue of closing catholic schools in the three years leading up to the vote... :-))

Anyway...

Bizarre post. Both Ek and Wembley consistently defend anything to do with Celtic or their fans no matter what with never a criticism from them to the minority lovely cuddly bunny element in their support.

I could name half a dozen Rangers fans on here who consistently slate the idiots that follow Rangers or the club when they feel it is deserved.

You either cannot read or are just at it.

Maybe it's you that cannot read.

This is one of my favourite posts here. So celtic supporting scum refuse to respect the minutes silence, captured on a phone but whats the response? attack the boy who filmed it.

Sweep sweep.

The Celtic fans that broke silence are arseholes. If you can't stay silent for one minute then your a fud. However this sheep fan decided to also shout, just as loud. Yet nobody condems him.

Sweep sweep.

The Celtic fans that broke silence are arseholes. If you can't stay silent for one minute then your a fud. However this sheep fan decided to also shout, just as loud. Yet nobody condems him.

maybe so, but why do you keep saying sweep sweep? its you lot that would like to sweep the whole incident under the carpet.