Dons V Celtic - Page 10 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Dons V Celtic

Most other clubs don't need to publicise it in an effort to appear normal.

It's hush money for Celtic.

That's a no then?

No club's actually donate? Surely strips are auctioned off to donate to the appeal or are the poppies just put on and after the match that's it done and forgotten?

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a no then?

No club's actually donate? Surely strips are auctioned off to donate to the appeal or are the poppies just put on and after the match that's it done and forgotten?

The charity aspect is a by-product to actually commemorating our war dead though. I would imagine that most clubs donate to charity through other means, whether it is via their own in-house foundations or otherwise.

On your question, I can only comment on Rangers, having been at Ibrox yesterday, but we had poppy sellers around the ground so money was raised that way. The Rangers Charity Foundation also has an ongoing campaign where it raises money for the Erskine appeal which looks after war veterans.

Edited by thewolf_1980

The charity aspect is a by-product to actually commemorating our war dead though. I would imagine that most clubs donate to charity through other means, whether it is via their own in-house foundations or otherwise.

On your question, I can only comment on Rangers, having been at Ibrox yesterday, but we had poppy sellers around the ground so money was raised that way.

Good to hear as is the Jambo's.......genuine question, I am unsure how it is all handled and if anything is actually done apart from the poppy wearing.

Good to hear as is the Jambo's.......genuine question, I am unsure how it is all handled and if anything is actually done apart from the poppy wearing.

Amongst other things Hearts are selling the poppy top for £15 above the normal, all that extra money hearts are matching and donating the total.

Was over 500 sold as of last Monday. Bound to have shifted a load more during the week.

Rossy didn't watch the video did he.

A stupid fvck wit of a aberdeen fan filming other supporters praying for noise. He then proceeds to hurl abuse as 99.9% of the celtic fans are standing in silence. Where is his respect? Another arsehole in front of him filming Aswell.

Pathetic.

Rossy didn't watch the video did he.

A stupid flip wit of a aberdeen fan filming other supporters praying for noise. He then proceeds to hurl abuse as 99.9% of the celtic fans are standing in silence. Where is his respect? Another arsehole in front of him filming Aswell.

Pathetic.

"99.9%"?!!! You either weren't there (yet feel you can comment on and defend), or you're just a liar. That's pathetic.

His digs at Deila & Brown (bearing in mind he doesn't know the facts either). His jibes about the refereeing today (obviously he forgot Robson's 87 fouls). His moaning over Logan's red card.

Putting him back in his box was most pleasing.

What he said was that brown and Delia were wrong to say that the racist wasn't a racist. How is that a dig and not factual??

Clearly he hasn't been put in a box. And the referee was indeed sh1t.

What he said was that brown and Delia were wrong to say that the racist wasn't a racist. How is that a dig and not factual??

Clearly he hasn't been put in a box. And the referee was indeed sh1t.

He said that they couldn't comment because they weren't aware of the facts, completely oblivious to the fact the he is not aware of the facts either, and neither are you for that matter. The only people who know exactly what happened are Tonev and possibly Logan.

His digs at Deila & Brown (bearing in mind he doesn't know the facts either). His jibes about the refereeing today (obviously he forgot Robson's 87 fouls). His moaning over Logan's red card.

Putting him back in his box was most pleasing.

His digs at delia and brown were well founded.

He chose his words very carefully,from hearing the whole interview,he never once said that it had happened,it would be impossible for him to know for sure. He said he believed his player and backed him 100%.

Brown and delia said it never happened,a fact that they can't possibly back up,as they weren't in the vicinity at the time.

But you go on and believe what you want.

Mcinnes said there must've been grounds for the long ban,he never once said tonev was a racist and said anything.

Your mob denied it happened and therefore took Logan's credibility into the equation.

Always the victim.

This thread is a car crash from beginning to end.

Plenty of posters showing themselves in quite a poor light. No idea what the game was like as for 17 pages it's hardly mentioned. Thought it would be a hard 3 points, please to have got them.

Nothing else to say. Carry on as you were.

can't even bring myself to watch any of these video clips

do recall a stooshie some years back at hampden when some hertz fans chose to ignore the minutes silence for a pope passing ; cup final was it ?

man on the streets outlook / behaviour has changed so much in 50 odd years that minutes silence etc at football should be sidelined

as generally a recipe for disaster

He said that they couldn't comment because they weren't aware of the facts, completely oblivious to the fact the he is not aware of the facts either, and neither are you for that matter. The only people who know exactly what happened are Tonev and possibly Logan.

He didn't say they couldn't comment. He said they were wrong to say the "know" that Tonev didn't say what he's been accused of, as they couldn't possibly know. And he's 100% correct. Although I appreciate rationality doesn't come into it with celtic fans.

can't even bring myself to watch any of these video clips

do recall a stooshie some years back at hampden when some hertz fans chose to ignore the minutes silence for a pope passing ; cup final was it ?

man on the streets outlook / behaviour has changed so much in 50 odd years that minutes silence etc at football should be sidelined

as generally a recipe for disaster

I agree completely.

If people can't behave like normal human beings for 60 seconds then this whole thing needs to be looked at.

Unfortunately, that would mean the scum, the sectarian bigots, and their apologists, would win.