Show us your fridge - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

3 hours ago, Kirk said:

None of that sauce in the top of the door needs to be there, replace with beer

how can you not eat the leftovers, always much tastier the next day

The hot sauces are Mr Egg's - he often adds them to my cooking so a bit of a sore point 🤔😄

Just had a Chinese takeaway but no leftovers...

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Dave78 said:

A man after my own heart. 

My missus insists that meat has to go on the bottom shelf, and she chucks stuff out as soon as it's out of date.

I gie it the smell/taste test, and if it's fine, it's fine!

Haha thats the game, use by dates etc are a guide

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

I am sorry Kirk I didn’t actually think the bottle actually WAS medicine 🤦‍♀️ I would never have mentioned it otherwise. 

I actually do think there is a lot of truth in what you say about building up immunity though . I am not quite as feart as I probably sound and often do the sniff test too. Never take chances with fish though. 
I would actually be too embarrassed to tell you the ‘dares’ we used to do as children, that involved food. It would make eating 2 week old rice as safe as eating a packet of plain crisps. 

Don't be daft, I think you were actually talking about the garlic mayo when i read it back, i just assumed you were talking about the needle thing in the door above, no harm done at all. She has honestly been back so many times and its usually behind something so forgets to take it home. Its still in date til next year

3 hours ago, Dave78 said:

she sometimes uses the name 'CucumberCaitlin' in online games 😄 

What a coincidence. That’s the name Tidy uses in online dating sites. 

32 minutes ago, Bobster said:

😄 Ooft

12 hours ago, Kirk said:

Haha thats the game, use by dates etc are a guide

Don't be daft, I think you were actually talking about the garlic mayo when i read it back, i just assumed you were talking about the needle thing in the door above, no harm done at all. She has honestly been back so many times and its usually behind something so forgets to take it home. Its still in date til next year

Yes it was the bottle next to the milk i was talking about, it looks like the opaque bottles you get for penicillin. I knew it wasn’t though with the green label and all the writing.

Tbh I barely glanced at the jag. I have found all sorts of  things in my own fridge especially in the last couple of years with my terrible memory . A set of keys being the most recent , and on one occasion a hot water bottle 😆

13 hours ago, Dave78 said:

My pal (who lives in Bilbao) just sent me this photo of his starter.

Horse Tartare

Even i'd baulk at this one. I'm surprised it didnae gallop away when he tried to fork it

1ddc38db-e2d9-4837-a1ae-abd795fc03cb.jpg

Urgh, I had better not say what I am thinking or it would put folk off their Sunday breakfast. 
I really struggle with anything ‘tartare’. Was in Seville a couple of years ago and someone we had met in a pub had recommended a few restaurants to us, and steak tartare in one of them , so thought i would try it. The entire menu was in Spanish and the waiters spoke no English but I seen something that looked like ‘tartare’ so ordered it. 
Something like this came ( without the caviar and the garnish )

It was literally just raw prawns all chopped up and tasted ridiculously salty. It was disgusting. I don’t often leave food but couldn’t eat it. 

IMG_9843.jpeg.15d37a4e81248f51b1b1cb6c3a422141.jpeg

12 hours ago, Bobster said:

🤣🤣

There are so many ways i could reply to this but there really is only one :

Rat cunt ! 😆

Glad I didn’t read this last night or the thread really could have gone downhill rapidly 😁

16 hours ago, Dave78 said:

My pal (who lives in Bilbao) just sent me this photo of his starter.

Horse Tartare

Even i'd baulk at this one. I'm surprised it didnae gallop away when he tried to fork it

1ddc38db-e2d9-4837-a1ae-abd795fc03cb.jpg

I've tried zwiebelmett in Germany which is raw pork mince and onion, really hard work could hardly swallow it. 

5 hours ago, bonzo said:

Not much happening in my fridge but I do like a fridge magnet...

20240505_094821.thumb.jpg.7bc743fba0b9dcae4b027cd7030ce82e.jpg20240505_094902.thumb.jpg.ccf8cd2a25dd3e27ddd1f4e715cdddec.jpg

Thank god Bonzo I was beginning to the you had moved to the serious side of the board, as it has over 24 hours to  post your fridge.

I have to say, your fridge is much healthier and more orderly than expected, this has thrown my psychological profile of you into doubt. I can only think Mrs B has been on the TAMB and got in there first. She has probably still not forgiven you for the curtain-less xmas tree. Be honest, did the fridge like that yesterday or did it look more like Kirk’s? 

Can I ask, do you actually like ‘ I cant believe its not butter ‘ ? I mean, when you eat it do think ‘ I just cannot believe this is not butter ‘ , or do you think ‘ this is shite but I need to watch my cholesterol?’ I am just asking as I  cannot eat anything except Lurpak. I really have tried other healthier options but Lurpak is one thing I just cannot give up. 

Looks like you have a lot of tomatoes in there. Do you have a daughter that gets called TomatoTracey in online games? 

Thats a great selection of fridge magnets. Very colourful too . Do you have a favourite one ? 

We could do with more fridges on here. Well done to everyone who has contributed and can have a wee laugh. 

Life without a fridge is no life at all. 

29 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Thank god Bonzo I was beginning to the you had moved to the serious side of the board, as it has over 24 hours to  post your fridge.

I have to say, your fridge is much healthier and more orderly than expected, this has thrown my psychological profile of you into doubt. I can only think Mrs B has been on the TAMB and got in there first. She has probably still not forgiven you for the curtain-less xmas tree. Be honest, did the fridge like that yesterday or did it look more like Kirk’s? 

Can I ask, do you actually like ‘ I cant believe its not butter ‘ ? I mean, when you eat it do think ‘ I just cannot believe this is not butter ‘ , or do you think ‘ this is shite but I need to watch my cholesterol?’ I am just asking as I  cannot eat anything except Lurpak. I really have tried other healthier options but Lurpak is one thing I just cannot give up. 

Looks like you have a lot of tomatoes in there. Do you have a daughter that gets called TomatoTracey in online games? 

Thats a great selection of fridge magnets. Very colourful too . Do you have a favourite one ? 

We were out all day yesterday so couldn't post 😁. To be honest Mrs B buys the spread I just use it, not really a fan of real butter anyway. All the tomatoes are for a pasta dish for tonight's dinner. 

There's a severe lack of beer in the fridge only because drank it all on Thursday night. 

Don't think I have a favourite magnet I just need to keep buying them so that when my memory goes I can remember where I've been.

8 minutes ago, bonzo said:

We were out all day yesterday so couldn't post 😁. To be honest Mrs B buys the spread I just use it, not really a fan of real butter anyway. All the tomatoes are for a pasta dish for tonight's dinner. 

There's a severe lack of beer in the fridge only because drank it all on Thursday night. 

Don't think I have a favourite magnet I just need to keep buying them so that when my memory goes I can remember where I've been.

Meh, thanks for reminding me some folk have a life and dont spend all their time on here taking shite. But at least I know I am not alone on Thursday night drinking. I think @Bobster has been drinking SINCE Thursday night, he would never be that cheeky on a Tuesday afternoon 😡 

So, since I have handed my pampered pooch back to his maw n paw and dont  have a tomato pasta dish to cook, you can tell me where your favourite ‘magnet’ place has been that you have visited ?
All part of the profiling 🥸

I have three fridges but there’s feck all in any of them as we are just back from holiday. I’m embarrassed about the beer fridge anyway as Mrs Slasher has now turned it into a feckin Prosecco fridge! 🙈

😂 jeez that's a hard question. Always been more of a city person rather than a beach person. Always enjoy Prague and Hamburg is kinda our second home so probably one of them. Too much for thinking for this time on a Sunday night, I'll no sleep 🤣

13 minutes ago, slasher said:

I have three fridges but there’s feck all in any of them as we are just back from holiday. I’m embarrassed about the beer fridge anyway as Mrs Slasher has now turned it into a feckin Prosecco fridge! 🙈

I've got a beer fridge as well, it's also empty right now...😢

20240505_194542.jpg

24 minutes ago, slasher said:

Ah, ANOTHER poster blaming his wife for drinking all the bevvy. 🤔 I am beginning to see a pattern here.. At least you are not pretending the fridge is getting used for batch cooking like Herts. 

Hope you had a nice holiday. Did you bring back a fridge magnet for Bonzo ? 

24 minutes ago, bonzo said:

😂 jeez that's a hard question. Always been more of a city person rather than a beach person. Always enjoy Prague and Hamburg is kinda our second home so probably one of them. Too much for thinking for this time on a Sunday night, I'll no sleep 🤣

😂, don’t worry, I now have enough to be getting on with for your profile  !

Note to self :   City guy not beach . Disnae like butter. Drinks an entire beer fridge on a Thursday night. 

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Ah, ANOTHER poster blaming his wife for drinking all the bevvy. 🤔 I am beginning to see a pattern here.. At least you are not pretending the fridge is getting used for batch cooking like Herts. 

Hope you had a nice holiday. Did you bring back a fridge magnet for Bonzo ? 

Finally made it to Vegas. It has though wiped out both me and my bank account. Good times but.

Aye, I can never get my beers in the designated fridge now between Mrs S’s Prosecco and the weans feckin alcopops! At the moment there are two cans of something called FourLoco in it 🙈

Edited by slasher

5 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Looks like you h

I got my cholesterol level down from 8-something, to 5, simply by switching from Irish butter to that margarine anti-cholesterol stuff.

I'd swear by it!

Lurpak is salty shite btw. Try some Kerrygold.

8 hours ago, Dave78 said:

I got my cholesterol level down from 8-something, to 5, simply by switching from Irish butter to that margarine anti-cholesterol stuff.

I'd swear by it!

I go for Graham's. Supporting local producers. 

14 hours ago, slasher said:

Finally made it to Vegas. It has though wiped out both me and my bank account. Good times but.

Aye, I can never get my beers in the designated fridge now between Mrs S’s Prosecco and the weans feckin alcopops! At the moment there are two cans of something called FourLoco in it 🙈

Glad you and Mrs S got there in the end Slasher 😁 After a trip to Vegas you are lucky to still have yer house , so I wouldn’t be bothered about empty fridges . 

And as far as  and teenagers go, only when you find cans of Dragon Soop in the fridge that’s when you know your attempt at parenting has failed miserably 😁 From someone who has been there …..

11 hours ago, Dave78 said:

I'd swear by it!

Oh I do not doubt the health benefits these margarine products bring. Thankfully I don’t have cholesterol problems….yet. I have tried loads of different butters / healthier options, but I only like Lurpak. Funnily enough i like it because to me it DOESNT taste as salty as others. It might just be habit .

I can only think of 2 food/ drinks I won’t compromise on , Lurpak and full fat coke. I don’t drink much fizzy juice though so the occasional coke is probably not a major problem . 

19 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

2 grown boys, Mrs.Ramy stockin this fridge up every night... 😂😂

PXL_20240506_094356229.MP.jpg

Thats a crammed fridge Ramy , it would be cheaper for Mrs Love just to live at the Hilton 😊

What is in the tupperware on the door, with the yellow lid ? What are all those blue cartons on the top shelf ? You have a very hygienic fridge , think i need to get myself more tupperware and less cling film. 

I see you have cucumber in your fridge too, it  seems a very popular food on here. I always have cucumber in the salad drawer ( if I can make room in there when my wine stock is low) but folk on here seem to have it on the shelf. I suppose its easier to tell if it going all soft and yucky if its on the shelf, rather than lifting it out the salad drawer after it’s turned into a pile of mush and dripping over the lettuce.

So whats your favourite food out of all the food in there just now ?