Show us your fridge - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Two fridge family. We had a kitchen refitted in our old house and rather throw the fridge/freezer out we moved it to the garage. 

When we moved up here we bought another fridge/freezer for the garage. I appreciate not everyone is able to do that but by batch cooking and buying reduced lines I do think that it more than pays for itself and although there's only two of us it's really useful at Christmas etc.

IMG_20240504_123416437.jpg

IMG_20240504_083412689.jpg

I spot a Simon Howie black pudding, love them especially when Tesco have a club card promotion £1 per pudding, that’s my hangover food tomorrow morning.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Yes it is honey. I had absolutely no idea it should be stored at room temperature 😆 I absolutely hate honey, its only there as you need it for some Hello Fresh recipes , they expect every home to have honey and don’t always provide it. 

More importantly you need wine ….unless you have a separate wine fridge ! 

That looks a very balanced fridge both in health and arrangement. Unlike Stocky I dont think you are hiding the chocolate biscuits behind all that green stuff. 

But where are the eggs ??? Surely you of all people must have eggs ? 

What is in the silver and green bottle on the top shelf? It looks like a drink I get in my Boots meal deal, its very nice but cant remember the name of it. And what is in the tin foil on the door? I need to know this stuff to work out my psychological profile of each of you. 

Hopefully more fridges/profiles will appear 😃 I was never sure about honey for years as thought it tasted medicinal but it has grown on me a bit. Just thought should be kept out the fridge so the sugar doesn’t crystallise?? Half a lemon in the foil. 

The wine came from a visitor who lives in France though maybe just bought at the airport! 

I had been to the fruit & veg place on Thurs so that's why it looks fairly full. I always think Tesco must note that I buy crap to eat as not buying much f&v from there then I'll be blacklisted when they privatise healthcare...

Purdey's is the lovely juice and eggs are on the left of 2nd bottom shelf. I love eggs in any form, those are Corrie Mains Farm ones with a nice orange yolk 😋 Can't believe I'm sitting doing show & tell with my fridge 😂

Edited by StirlingEgg

54 minutes ago, Broath Boy said:

I spot a Simon Howie black pudding, love them especially when Tesco have a club card promotion £1 per pudding, that’s my hangover food tomorrow morning.

Very versatile. Nice with bacon in a roll, particularly with a bit of Bramley apple sauce!

Bizarrely I owe my fondness of black pudding due to following Scotland. My dad ate black pudding but the ones we got in England were horrible so I came to the conclusion that I didn't like it. 

Several years back went up to see Scotland play Ukraine (the one where we 3-0 up in about 15 minutes) and could only get a B&B near Prestwick. Had the full Scottish, has the black pudding, realised that the Scottish version was vastly superior to the English one and gave been a concert ever since!

4 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Two fridge family. We had a kitchen refitted in our old house and rather throw the fridge/freezer out we moved it to the garage. 

When we moved up here we bought another fridge/freezer for the garage. I appreciate not everyone is able to do that but by batch cooking and buying reduced lines I do think that it more than pays for itself and although there's only two of us it's really useful at Christmas etc.

IMG_20240504_123416437.jpg

IMG_20240504_083412689.jpg

Do you cook the booze in batch as thats pretty much all I see in there unless the cranberries have an 8 month expiry date ? You had better bump this thread nearer Christmas to justify your tall tale about batch cooking 😁 
Its fine though, we are all friends here. Booze fridges are allowed. Infact , they should pretty much be compulsory for anyone supporting Scotland. 

6 hours ago, StirlingEgg said:

Need milk and diluting juice...

20240504_103327-COLLAGE.thumb.jpg.7694e122b992e6a5d40777e6447dcb83.jpg

None of that sauce in the top of the door needs to be there, replace with beer

6 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

2 fridges and a comment! 💃 yeeha ! 

You are putting me to shame with your home made pizza Dave. Though I am equally relieved to see you have a somewhat shambolically ( is that a word ?)   organised fridge like me. 
I too have left overs. The Chinese takeaway in plastic tub . Lying there since last Saturday and like all other Chines will never get eaten.
What is that in the white bowl? Is it leftover mash potato? 

how can you not eat the leftovers, always much tastier the next day

4 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Eggs in a fridge??????

All good chefs store eggs in a fridge. Why else would that give you those wee plastic egg trays ?? 

IMG_9840.jpeg.3feb1dcbf5600f9283329028aededff8.jpeg

Good advice for Mrs H’s xmas cake baking 👍

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Kirk said:

None of that sauce in the top of the door needs to be there, replace with beer

how can you not eat the leftovers, always much tastier the next day

Oh , I can eat loads of leftover food, just not Chinese. It looks like congealed jelly to me, though I suppose it may be my choice of chinese food that looks like that.
And you CANNOT reheat rice . 

Get your fridge up @Kirk. Being in the food industry you should have a well stocked fridge. 

Edited by TDYER63
Edit to badger Kirk about his fridge

7 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Do you cook the booze in batch as thats pretty much all I see in there unless the cranberries have an 8 month expiry date ? You had better bump this thread nearer Christmas to justify your tall tale about batch cooking 😁 
Its fine though, we are all friends here. Booze fridges are allowed. Infact , they should pretty much be compulsory for anyone supporting Scotland. 

The batch cooking is in the freezer compartment.

The booze is mostly my wife's. I'm not putting whisky in the fridge!

The cranberries. Aah. They've been there since Christmas. I used some to decorate the Christmas Cake, then was going to make the others into cranberry sauce. I never got round to it but tbh they still look okay so I think I'm still going to do it - they're only four and a half months over the use by date!!!!!

1 hour ago, StirlingEgg said:

Hopefully more fridges/profiles will appear 😃 I was never sure about honey for years as thought it tasted medicinal but it has grown on me a bit. Just thought should be kept out the fridge so the sugar doesn’t crystallise?? Half a lemon in the foil. 

The wine came from a visitor who lives in France though maybe just bought at the airport! 

I had been to the fruit & veg place on Thurs so that's why it looks fairly full. I always think Tesco must note that I buy crap to eat as not buying much f&v from there then I'll be blacklisted when they privatise healthcare...

Purdey's is the lovely juice and eggs are on the left of 2nd bottom shelf. I love eggs in any form, those are Corrie Mains Farm ones with a nice orange yolk 😋 Can't believe I'm sitting doing show & tell with my fridge 😂

Good intel there for the profile , thanks ! 👍

1 hour ago, StirlingEgg said:

Can't believe I'm sitting doing show & tell with my fridge 

Its part of the therapy ! Basically drag everyone into the gutter and then the only way is up 😁

10 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Oh , I can eat loads of leftover food, just not Chinese. It looks like congealed jelly to me, though I suppose it may be my choice of chinese food that looks like that.
And you CANNOT reheat rice . 

Get your fridge up @Kirk. Being in the food industry you should have a well stocked fridge. 

Love a reheated chinese, i'd even pick at it cold. Rice always gets reheated haha sorry.

If I leave the couch anytime soon I will haha. Not much in it as far as i remember.

7 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

The batch cooking is in the freezer compartment.

The booze is mostly my wife's. I'm not putting whisky in the fridge!

The cranberries. Aah. They've been there since Christmas. I used some to decorate the Christmas Cake, then was going to make the others into cranberry sauce. I never got round to it but tbh they still look okay so I think I'm still going to do it - they're only four and a half months over the use by date!!!!!

‘ mostly my wife ‘s ‘ ………🤥

Food for thought for the psychological profile 🤔

7 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Love a reheated chinese, i'd even pick at it cold. Rice always gets reheated haha sorry.

If I leave the couch anytime soon I will haha. Not much in it as far as i remember.

Urgh cold Chinese , you must have been at Herts house and drunk ‘his wifes’ entire alcohol stock to eat that cold. 

You be careful with the rice it is really bad for food poisoning ! ( though i admit i have reheated it on occasion ….) 

18 hours ago, Dave78 said:

Good morning.....

The bowl is my pizza dough for tomorrow. The paper bags are the weans leftover chippy

bc81ba7a-6d65-4050-becd-460413a03ce5.jpg

Had another look at your fridge Dave.  Is that 2 cucumbers you have ? One just below the eggs and the other one poking out on the right handside on the same shelf ? Just asking as 2 full size cucumbers is quite unusual …

40 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Urgh cold Chinese , you must have been at Herts house and drunk ‘his wifes’ entire alcohol stock to eat that cold. 

You be careful with the rice it is really bad for food poisoning ! ( though i admit i have reheated it on occasion ….) 

Went on a food hygiene course years ago, has made me terrified of reheating rice ever since. I will do it but am hyercareful

1 hour ago, Hertsscot said:

Had the full Scottish, has the black pudding, realised that the Scottish version was vastly superior to the English one and gave been a concert ever since!

You are certainly singing its praises ! 😁

51 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Had another look at your fridge Dave.  Is that 2 cucumbers you have ? One just below the eggs and the other one poking out on the right handside on the same shelf ? Just asking as 2 full size cucumbers is quite unusual …

It is indeed. My 10yr old daughter loves it. So much so she sometimes uses the name 'CucumberCaitlin' in online games 😄 

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

35 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Went on a food hygiene course years ago, has made me terrified of reheating rice ever since. I will do it but am hyercareful

Haha you two are big fearties, I reheat rice all the time. Even worse I sometimes forget to stick it in the fridge so it's been out all night and reheated. Still alive.

Had salmonella when I was young, now that was serious food poisoning 😂😂 spent a week in a Majorcan hospital (the one that used to be ok the TV) we were on a cruise then meant to have a week at the beach, me and the maw spent a week on deaths door 🙈

Here's ma fridge, it's not organised in any way, and pretty empty. Yes there's raw meat sitting on top of butter or something. Still alive

IMG20240504174415.jpg

IMG20240504174415.jpg

41 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Here's ma fridge, it's not organised in any way, and pretty empty. Yes there's raw meat sitting on top of butter or something. Still alive

IMG20240504174415.jpg

IMG20240504174415.jpg

🤣🤣 what a brilliant fridge. It will no be too difficult to write up a profile for you. 

I imagine being at deaths door as a kid definitely instills a ‘fuck it’ attitude, normally  reserved for a middle aged crisis in most people . Is that a bottle of emergency penicillin on the fridge door next to the milk ? 😁

OMG   the raw meat looks more like it is sitting on a tub of soft cheese not butter , and also a cucumber 😱 @Dave78, dont look !  

What the hell is that in the tupperware on the top shelf ? It looks like something from Dexters fridge 😂

2 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

🤣🤣 what a brilliant fridge. It will no be too difficult to write up a profile for you. 

I imagine being at deaths door as a kid definitely instills a ‘fuck it’ attitude, normally  reserved for a middle aged crisis in most people . Is that a bottle of emergency penicillin on the fridge door next to the milk ? 😁

OMG   the raw meat looks more like it is sitting on a tub of soft cheese not butter , and also a cucumber 😱 @Dave78, dont look !  

What the hell is that in the tupperware on the top shelf ? It looks like something from Dexters fridge 😂

Haha ive eaten so much dodgy shit and seem to be fine, maybe i built up immunity.
Its a jag of some sort, its my Sister in Laws, she has bad chrones so whatever they take. It was left by mistake and now lives here as shes never taken it back haha.

Aye you could be right, i honestly just opened it and took a photo and walked away again. Think its curry and the dreaded reheatable rice.

6 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Haha ive eaten so much dodgy shit and seem to be fine, maybe i built up immunity.

A man after my own heart. 

My missus insists that meat has to go on the bottom shelf, and she chucks stuff out as soon as it's out of date.

I gie it the smell/taste test, and if it's fine, it's fine!

21 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Its a jag of some sort, its my Sister in Laws, she has bad chrones so whatever they take. It was left by mistake and now lives here as shes never taken it back haha.

Aye you could be right, i honestly just opened it and took a photo and walked away again. Think its curry and the dreaded reheatable rice.

I am sorry Kirk I didn’t actually think the bottle actually WAS medicine 🤦‍♀️ I would never have mentioned it otherwise. 

I actually do think there is a lot of truth in what you say about building up immunity though . I am not quite as feart as I probably sound and often do the sniff test too. Never take chances with fish though. 
I would actually be too embarrassed to tell you the ‘dares’ we used to do as children, that involved food. It would make eating 2 week old rice as safe as eating a packet of plain crisps. 

7 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I would actually be too embarrassed to tell you the ‘dares’ we used to do as children, that involved food. It would make eating 2 week old rice as safe as eating a packet of plain crisps. 

My pal (who lives in Bilbao) just sent me this photo of his starter.

Horse Tartare

Even i'd baulk at this one. I'm surprised it didnae gallop away when he tried to fork it

1ddc38db-e2d9-4837-a1ae-abd795fc03cb.jpg