New app + Hampden Turnstiles = chaos? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New app + Hampden Turnstiles = chaos?

Haggis_trap

So I doubt the NI game will sell out. However let me predict the new app will be chaos tomorrow. 

A combination of:

I) Fans who haven't downloaded / transferred tickets in advance.

ii) The simple fact there aren't enough turnstiles to get 30-50k fans into ground in under 45 minutes. 

Sadly self scan turnstiles (3 fans/min) are slower than traditional system of auld mannie taking your ticket stub

Much preferred the ticket stubs, a lot more efficient.

Was already a bit of a shambles in the last campaign with queues building due to scanning emails and print out tickets so fingers crossed the app is user friendly and works.

Mentioned on STV news earlier that over 37000 tickets sold.

30 minutes ago, macwomble said:

Ticket now gone live with qr code showing. 

Aye so far so good! Doesn’t let you screenshot it, so appears to be in full working order 🤞🏼

At the North stand, the distance between the scanner & the actual turnstile is a few steps, which means it takes longer to get one person through. 

At, eg, Easter Road (no doubt same in other grounds) the scanner is placed inside, so you can place your hand on the turnstile while scanning, and allows for quicker entry.

The Hampden scenario is what causes queue build ups.

Sorry if this has already been covered...

One of my group is on holiday and doesn't want his ticket to go to waste.

Everyone on the bus has an app however I have a taker for the ticket who is not in the SSC.

Can holiday guy transfer to someone else on the bus and they have 2 tickets on the app and they just go through the turnstyle with non SSC guy?

If not, can a non SSC person who has not purchased a ticket download the app?

This might all be much simpler than I am making it but just don't want someone to go on the bus and not get in.

11 minutes ago, hamilton wanderer said:

Sorry if this has already been covered...

One of my group is on holiday and doesn't want his ticket to go to waste.

Everyone on the bus has an app however I have a taker for the ticket who is not in the SSC.

Can holiday guy transfer to someone else on the bus and they have 2 tickets on the app and they just go through the turnstyle with non SSC guy?

If not, can a non SSC person who has not purchased a ticket download the app?

This might all be much simpler than I am making it but just don't want someone to go on the bus and not get in.

I think you could do either of these ways.
I think your ticketless pal just has to download the Hampden ticket app, then your holiday pal transfers his ticket to him using the ticketless pals email address. ( first pic) 
would be good if someone could confirm this though incase its only another ssc member it can be transferred to .

If so , treat it like holiday guy has no smartphone ( second pic.)  as these can be transferred 

IMG_9542.thumb.png.976c37d6ea04319b619d564d0bed2fcc.pngIMG_9541.thumb.png.9ecbe5e3ac5baec0c72f24854fef0161.png

1 hour ago, Silversand said:

At the North stand, the distance between the scanner & the actual turnstile is a few steps, which means it takes longer to get one person through. 

At, eg, Easter Road (no doubt same in other grounds) the scanner is placed inside, so you can place your hand on the turnstile while scanning, and allows for quicker entry.

The Hampden scenario is what causes queue build ups.

The scanners in the south stand are right at the turnstile, which I agree does help to keep the flow moving.

A bad sign for me, is that in the past, most of the delays, I have seen, have been caused by people using the codes directly off their phones. People who have printed off their paper tickets seem to have sailed through no bother. You would think that the amount of time that youngsters spend on their phones, they would have learned how to use them by now?

Just as well it's looks like a lowish crowd tonight. This might give them time to sort out the problems before we get a game with a full house.

27 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

The scanners in the south stand are right at the turnstile, which I agree does help to keep the flow moving.

A bad sign for me, is that in the past, most of the delays, I have seen, have been caused by people using the codes directly off their phones. People who have printed off their paper tickets seem to have sailed through no bother. You would think that the amount of time that youngsters spend on their phones, they would have learned how to use them by now?

Just as well it's looks like a lowish crowd tonight. This might give them time to sort out the problems before we get a game with a full house.

Crowd might be a bit lower  but 20,000 of them turning up at 7.30 pm is never going to help .

46 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I think you could do either of these ways.
I think your ticketless pal just has to download the Hampden ticket app, then your holiday pal transfers his ticket to him using the ticketless pals email address. ( first pic) 
would be good if someone could confirm this though incase its only another ssc member it can be transferred to .

If so , treat it like holiday guy has no smartphone ( second pic.)  as these can be transferred 

IMG_9542.thumb.png.976c37d6ea04319b619d564d0bed2fcc.pngIMG_9541.thumb.png.9ecbe5e3ac5baec0c72f24854fef0161.png

The ticket can be transferred to anyone registered on the ticket app, no requirement to be SSC member. Some of my group aren't making it tonight and have already successfully transferred to friends of ours who are not SSC members and barcodes are live this morning with no issue at all.

17 minutes ago, themikedoug said:

The ticket can be transferred to anyone registered on the ticket app, no requirement to be SSC member. Some of my group aren't making it tonight and have already successfully transferred to friends of ours who are not SSC members and barcodes are live this morning with no issue at all.

👍 thanks for confirming. 

I expect DTS and Orraloon are beavering away typing up a change.org petition as we speak. 

18 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

See if you transfer your ticket, or indeed can’t make the match despite having bought the five-match package, do you still get the point?

Its not particularly clear in the ticket information link. The final paragraph in the ‘members without a smartphone section’ makes me think that this is the only transfer situation where you will get a point , as it doesn’t state this anywhere else, but I am not sure. 

IMG_9541.thumb.png.536095a3bd55dc7830c23b9deabf4596.png

28 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Its not particularly clear in the ticket information link. The final paragraph in the ‘members without a smartphone section’ makes me think that this is the only transfer situation where you will get a point , as it doesn’t state this anywhere else, but I am not sure. 

IMG_9541.thumb.png.536095a3bd55dc7830c23b9deabf4596.png

TBF that could be anyone who transfers your ticket. Everyone has a mate or Old Man who doesn’t have a smart phone.

J

1 hour ago, McTeeko said:

See if you transfer your ticket, or indeed can’t make the match despite having bought the five-match package, do you still get the point?

I cant see any way they would undertake an exercise to determine whether so many people went or not. If accused of not using their own ticket people could use all manner of excuses

"transferred to a mate as had issues with my phone"

"wasnt scanning properly so the steward just buzzed me through"

Although i guess we'll all find out in the next fortnight when the points are updated

7 minutes ago, themikedoug said:

I cant see any way they would undertake an exercise to determine whether so many people went or not. If accused of not using their own ticket people could use all manner of excuses

"transferred to a mate as had issues with my phone"

"wasnt scanning properly so the steward just buzzed me through"

Although i guess we'll all find out in the next fortnight when the points are updated

Aye. I’m just thinking aloud really, as it’s imperative both me and the laddie stay on the same points from now on (so we both fall into the same sales stage for buying away tickets) otherwise it’s a bit of a hassle.

It was really for the Finland game as I might be working. If I transferred my ticket to his mum and she took him (he has his own membership and account) he’ll get the point but unsure if I will as it will be registered as transferred. Know what I mean?

44 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

TBF that could be anyone who transfers your ticket. Everyone has a mate or Old Man who doesn’t have a smart phone.

J

Exactly. But why emphasise that you will still get a point  in that section and not in the normal transfer ticket section ? 
As themikedoug says, there are plenty of people transferring so we will soon know. 

Anyone had any luck getting through on SSC helpline? I have been trying for days due to a ticket mix up. Was on hold for an hour yesterday.

Edited by GLOSTA

4 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Crowd might be a bit lower  but 20,000 of them turning up at 7.30 pm is never going to help .

Can't see many folk turning up that early. That's when I usually leave the pub.