League Cup Quarter Finals - Page 8 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

League Cup Quarter Finals

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If only Hibs could tighten up at the back we'd be a lot closer to the top of the league than we are just now.

We beat SPL Ross County already. Then the team sitting 3rd(?) inthe spl who've been more than matched, the top spenders in the championship who we've went away to twice and battered once and were unlucky the first game that went to extra time, The 2 derbys which were seperated by a penalty each and 2 wonder goals.

Let's start doing it against the Alloas and Queen of the Souths. Let's get big Farid back and him and Malonga will run riot!!!

2 years since Aberdeen last conceded a goal in the League Cup, and we've reached the semi without really showing any form at all this season.

It's 3 months until the semi-finals....plenty of time for us to get the defence sorted out with Anderson back. Rangers are by far the weakest team left in the competition, but it doesn't really bother me who we get (although I really, really, reeaaaaalllly want to avoid the Sunday semi).

Edited by Rossy

If only Hibs could tighten up at the back we'd be a lot closer to the top of the league than we are just now.

We beat SPL Ross County already. Then the team sitting 3rd(?) inthe spl who've been more than matched, the top spenders in the championship who we've went away to twice and battered once and were unlucky the first game that went to extra time, The 2 derbys which were seperated by a penalty each and 2 wonder goals.

Let's start doing it against the Alloas and Queen of the Souths. Let's get big Farid back and him and Malonga will run riot!!!

This is true, but we gave you two easy goals to be fair. however you were unlucky not to win it after rankin skied his penalty. thought scott allan was very good for you (MOTM wasnt he?) and your two winger were pacey and the boy on the left wing skinned us just about everytime - whats his name?

By the way - 2 points:

where did the 12 little drummer boys come from? assume they are not just for Christmas?

what was the crowd all about? at the risk of sounding like an aberdeen supporter it was only 8 and a half thousand i think and we had about 2 thousand of that. I thought after sunday you would have a bit more belief than that?

Edited by ShedTA

I listened to the Hibs v Utd pens on the radio as I drove home last night and when the Hibees missed Chick Young roared out " The semis are Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen and Dundee United - Normal service has been resumed in Scottish Football"

I am convinced the huun then shot his load over Billy Dodd's back.

I listened to the Hibs v Utd pens on the radio as I drove home last night and when the Hibees missed Chick Young roared out " The semis are Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen and Dundee United - Normal service has been resumed in Scottish Football"

I am convinced the huun then shot his load over Billy Dodd's back.

really? I heard that Chick was very anti-Utd in his commentary, almost groaning when Hibs missed their penalty. Nothing new there then.

really? I heard that Chick was very anti-Utd in his commentary, almost groaning when Hibs missed their penalty. Nothing new there then.

Not at all, their commentary of the pens were impartial IMO. Excitable but impartial and telling us what a fantastic match they had witnessed.

Strange that when Rangers are really struggling both on and off the pitch that the level of childish vitriol goes up. I'd have thought it would have been the other way about.

Anyway, couldn't care less who we get in the semi as I think we are much weaker than all 3. Think we'll get well beaten by any of them.

Defence is a lot better without Moshni but still not very good (how does Fostered get a game) and Aird doesn't want to take anyone on. Why he got the full game I don't know. Sometimes wonder is Ally needs his eyesight checked.

Rangers have nothing to lose playing Celtic and Celtic have nothing to win.

If Celtic win then it's to be expected, lower league club, worst team in years, etc, etc.

If Rangers win then the gloating returns (if it ever left) to the play ground with WATP versus biggest game in your short history. The lower end of both clubs fans would be unbearable.

Whatever happens I don't think Glasgow would be a great place that night with the media whipping up a frenzy over the return of the Old Firm. So Aberdeen can have the honour.

Rangers have nothing to lose playing Celtic and Celtic have nothing to win.

If Celtic win then it's to be expected, lower league club, worst team in years, etc, etc.

If Rangers win then the gloating returns (if it ever left) to the play ground with WATP versus biggest game in your short history. The lower end of both clubs fans would be unbearable.

Whatever happens I don't think Glasgow would be a great place that night with the media whipping up a frenzy over the return of the Old Firm. So Aberdeen can have the honour.

Leaving your childish shoehorning of the new club pish aside, I agree with the rest of your post. If we do draw Celtic I definitely won't be going to the game and it will be one for watching in the house with the curtains drawn (and probably from behind the couch if I'm honest!).

I think the sooner a Rangers v Celtic game is out the way the better... It is definitely not one that will be pleasant, and if they draw each other the media will have a field day with it.

Tuesday morning at 7am it will need played, and behind closed doors.