New Ticketing System Now Live - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New Ticketing System Now Live

Brummie Hibs

1 hour ago, Jzw85 said:

What is the actual app? They are using not had an email about downloading any apps 

Details below.  I've had it on my phone for a while now.  Disappointing it forces you to accept spam and other shite.  

33 minutes ago, wanderer said:

The app is not live yet, you will be able to download that at a later date as per the email

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://play.google.com/store/apps/details%3Fid%3Dio.tixngo.app.sfa%26referrer%3Dutm_source%3Dgoogle%26utm_medium%3Dorganic%26utm_term%3Dhampden%2Bpark%2Btickets%2Bapp%26pcampaignid%3DAPPU_1_XmDYZdKjFfuUhbIPrrM0&ved=2ahUKEwjSyt6jjsGEAxV7SkEAHa4ZDQAQ44QBegQIBxAG&usg=AOvVaw2NX3ZLdAu46zTsO5I2m6es

Screenshot_20240223_090719_Google Play Store.jpg

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feels like a case of ‘if it ain’t broke don’t fix it’ I don’t know what was wrong with the old system. Showing my age but I preferred a paper ticket in the post! 

Feels totally rushed and so many questions considering the tickets go on sale Tuesday am? Totally agree with the point about buying tickets 6 months in advance that are non-transferable. If one of my kids is sick in October why can’t I take a pal of the other one! It’s not like the Euros where touts are buying in bulk and selling with a huge markup. We’re talking about a family or friend using a seat than would be empty!

This system also assumes we all have smart phones. Plenty of older and younger members won’t. 

Going to be a (bigger than usual) nightmare getting into Hampden for the 1st game with the new system. 

39 minutes ago, Up and Doune said:

Totally agree with the point about buying tickets 6 months in advance that are non-transferable. If one of my kids is sick in October why can’t I take a pal of the other one!

Non-members would pay a different price.  However it'll be easy enough to take one as their tickets will be in your App.  If it is such a concern, by single tickets in the public sale 😉

1 hour ago, LoganRoy said:

The comms on this have been very poor.  I can see some test transactions ok my account too - which is clearly a concern if UAT data has migrated to Prod - albeit, it has added 3 points to my Loyalty pot. 

Yes apparently I bought a ticket on 13 feb for £0.   I look forward to purchasing some more tickets at these highly attractive prices.
No additional loyalty points though, you must be special 🙂

SSC have confirmed on X / Twitter:

The fully released app is not available, there is however one for open testing.

You will have to manually opt in to give consent for those marketing options, however in the final version they won't be mandatory. Again, the app you have downloaded is an open test app.

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

Yes apparently I bought a ticket on 13 feb for £0.   I look forward to purchasing some more tickets at these highly attractive prices.
No additional loyalty points though, you must be special 🙂

Me too 😄

19 hours ago, Martino said:

We have about 15 of our 20 signed up no problem. Only issue is the kids that are linked to adult accounts. E-mail says;

Each online ticketing account requires a unique email address.

But the kids don't have their own email. Has anyone got past this issue?  Adults have managed to set up their account and link into our F&F but how would the kids do it as you only need to input an e-mail then "generate new password" doesn't give the option to split it by SSC number

Same here - 2 sons, both junior SSC members but with my email address. Have sorted myself  out but no idea how to set up a new password for them. Surely they must have realised the likelihood of this? 🤷‍♂️

31 minutes ago, Brummie Hibs said:

Some people have still not received the email from SFA

I presume they're using the same Marketing email list that they used for the Euro 2024 Tickets comms, where they confirmed that not everyone was on it. 

My grandsons email address received the recent season ticket email, whereas my email didn't, same as the Euro24 ticket fiasco.

Seems pretty ridiculous that they are aware of this issue & haven't tried to rectify it yet.

Here’s my starter for 10.

SSC needed to implement a ticketing system where the ST holder gets 5 tickets on their account. These can be used or passed on via the app at a later date.

That way the buyer gets the certainty of the game without potentially missing out with sickness, work, etc six months away.

walk ups get their individual tickets bought on a match by match basis, and ditto these can be shifted depending on circumstances.

It’s not rocket science.

28 minutes ago, neilser said:

Same here - 2 sons, both junior SSC members but with my email address. Have sorted myself  out but no idea how to set up a new password for them. Surely they must have realised the likelihood of this? 🤷‍♂️

When im replying to my daughters email to generate a new password it tries to generate a new password for me again.

What a fecking shambles.

2 hours ago, LoganRoy said:

Non-members would pay a different price.  However it'll be easy enough to take one as their tickets will be in your App.  If it is such a concern, by single tickets in the public sale 😉

I know you are joking but this really is an issue. So people who are in the travel club, many for a long time , cannot transfer their ticket I imagine because of the fact we are getting a point for it . Fans are hardly joining the travel club and purchasing  the full ticket package with no intention of going,  to simply build up points . The one point you get for home games is the is the only reason I can think that is preventing the transfer. Folk in the public sale could actually flog their tickets for a tidy profit if they wanted . That seems to be ok but members cant even pass on tickets they cant use. 

I have watched crap for the good part of 20 years and bought every bloody package and attended the vast majority of home games for as long as i can remember, getting no points at all, many people will be the same or even longer. It just seems to be badly thought out unless I am missing something. At the very least there needs to be a transfer ability but with a point deduction. 

24 minutes ago, Silversand said:

I presume they're using the same Marketing email list that they used for the Euro 2024 Tickets comms, where they confirmed that not everyone was on it. 

My grandsons email address received the recent season ticket email, whereas my email didn't, same as the Euro24 ticket fiasco.

Seems pretty ridiculous that they are aware of this issue & haven't tried to rectify it yet.

My emails have all arrived now 😁

Your right mwng - feckin shambles. I’ve two gran children and one great gran child on same email address as me. And like you, l try to re register and the system wants to give me a new email again.

been trying to get through to ssc all morning to no avail and need to sort out before Tuesday.

anyone find a way forward please shout, thanks.

27 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I know you are joking but this really is an issue. So people who are in the travel club, many for a long time , cannot transfer their ticket I imagine because of the fact we are getting a point for it . Fans are hardly joining the travel club and purchasing  the full ticket package with no intention of going,  to simply build up points . The one point you get for home games is the is the only reason I can think that is preventing the transfer. Folk in the public sale could actually flog their tickets for a tidy profit if they wanted . That seems to be ok but members cant even pass on tickets they cant use. 

I have watched crap for the good part of 20 years and bought every bloody package and attended the vast majority of home games for as long as i can remember, getting no points at all, many people will be the same or even longer. It just seems to be badly thought out unless I am missing something. At the very least there needs to be a transfer ability but with a point deduction. 

SFA have also said if the ticket isn't scanned, you ain't getting a point.

How is it proposed to work in practice for the 5 match package?

When you get the package, do you download all 5 tickets at the same time and then from there they cant be transferred?

How would that work if you change your phone over that time period which I imagine wont be unlikely for some given it will be several months inbetween games.

5 minutes ago, Wallace1953 said:

Your right mwng - feckin shambles. I’ve two gran children and one great gran child on same email address as me. And like you, l try to re register and the system wants to give me a new email again.

been trying to get through to ssc all morning to no avail and need to sort out before Tuesday.

anyone find a way forward please shout, thanks.

I noticed they left a message on Twitter. Try emailing supporters@scottishfa.co.uk with there names, membership numbers and new email addresses for them. Not heard back yet but 🤞 

30 minutes ago, LoganRoy said:

SFA have also said if the ticket isn't scanned, you ain't getting a point.

That is a joke. A member with every intention of going to the game falls ill the day before and can’t manage. For the sheer audacity of falling ill , and despite history showing you have turned up at every game, you will not get a point and nor shall you pass your ticket on. 
For a supposed advanced system it has pretty victorian rules. You want to transfer your ticket boy ???? You want MORE ???

So, I have this wedding that most likely means I wont get to the Portugal game . I either buy a package for my husband and I and throw circa £70 oot the window, or we have to wait for every single individual sale and just take whatever shitey seat is left each time. Possibly sitting apart (small bonus admittedly ) 
What next , flogging empty seats at half time to maximise profit? 

Of course I will take all this back if there is an actual workaround yet to be announced 😆

Unable to link friends and family - some members can be linked, others get an error saying they don't exist 

Error - The contact you entered does not exist