Fuck the SFA. Dons league cup final tickets sold out in <2hrs... - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Fuck the SFA. Dons league cup final tickets sold out in <2hrs...

9 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Aberdeen have been royaly shafted here and most fair minded football fans would agree. The "ends" thing is probably small fry however its an obvious indicator of the bigger problem.

My question is why dont the other clubs do anything about it? Every season its the same thing, with just a different team. No other club seems to care until its them again even though its probably happened to them within the last 5 years. Are fans raising this at AGMs etc. Why dont fans groups put pressure on their own clubs by threatening to boycot shirt sales or certain matches etc?

As others have said, if a large number of non OF clubs got together and said that unless certain guarentees were put in place then they would withdraw from the competition then something would get done. Not least because the sponsor of the tournament wouldnt stand for it, especially if the OF drew each other in an earlier round and the only other teams left were low end Championship for example.

The league cup is the perfect competition to take a stand. No european place, disruption to how the format works (ie if some teams pulled out at group stage and others pulled out having already got a bye)

On one hand your nothing bothered about the whole ends things but on the other you say what happened yo st mirren fans was unfair. St mirren fans wouldn't have to do that if hampden wasn't treated as a neutral ground for two clubs only.

Police Scotland aren't to blame there, well maybe a little. They could just tell the SFA to stop being childish and tell the Old firm they are switching ends to make their life easier.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Aberdeen have been royaly shafted here and most fair minded football fans would agree. The "ends" thing is probably small fry however its an obvious indicator of the bigger problem.

My question is why dont the other clubs do anything about it? Every season its the same thing, with just a different team. No other club seems to care until its them again even though its probably happened to them within the last 5 years. Are fans raising this at AGMs etc. Why dont fans groups put pressure on their own clubs by threatening to boycot shirt sales or certain matches etc?

As others have said, if a large number of non OF clubs got together and said that unless certain guarentees were put in place then they would withdraw from the competition then something would get done. Not least because the sponsor of the tournament wouldnt stand for it, especially if the OF drew each other in an earlier round and the only other teams left were low end Championship for example.

The league cup is the perfect competition to take a stand. No european place, disruption to how the format works (ie if some teams pulled out at group stage and others pulled out having already got a bye)

I couldn't agree more with this post. Especially the first paragraph. 

I'd have no problem if aberdeen pulled out of this final, that goes for any other club that gets shafted tome and time again.

Scottish football has to get away from the mentality that only the old firm matter and everyone needs them therefore they must be kept happy. The correct statement would be everyone needs each other for the league to function.

There are signs that clubs are starting to realise this by cutting old firm allocations. i know Killie, Aberdeen and Hearts have done it, not sure of anyone else. 

I’ve sat in the home end at CP for an OF game. On 2 occasions. Both on corporate tickets but amongst the the real fans. Maybe it was because I was dressed suited and booted that I managed to contain myself.

On both occasions we won. 3-0 in the infamous Hugh Dallas game and 1-0 when Rod Wallace scored. I wouldn’t even attempt to purchase a ticket in the Aberdeen section for the final. But some Rangers fans will be in there. More fool them. 

Love the sfa . They are blaggers 

went on the site today to look out about our mens a team. Apart from a lot of the squad not having any club I was surprised to know the boy Hendry is at Peterborough Utd. 
As great as the internet is , wiki wot not tells me the boy Lewis Ferguson is 4’ 4” , 1.31m . Go on wee man. 

1 hour ago, Haggis_trap said:

SO.....
Aberdeen still waiting for the extra 2.5K tickets they were promised by SPFL for the final.
14 days until the match kicks off.
Why the delay ?

They got lost in the post round Govan way 🤬

On 11/29/2023 at 1:23 PM, Haggis_trap said:

SO.....
Aberdeen still waiting for the extra 2.5K tickets they were promised by SPFL for the final.
14 days until the match kicks off.
Why the delay ?

The party line is now it’s “around 2k” we’re waiting for. 

It’s a fucking disgrace. 

15 hours ago, dandydunn said:

The party line is now it’s “around 2k” we’re waiting for. 

It’s a fucking disgrace. 

We're not getting anymore, DD

Cormack needs to grow a set - Put aside £1m to cover fines / fan compensation, and withdraw the club from the final

On a personal level, 'donating' ST & DNA cash (without using them) chasing rigged events is about to be suspended whilst we continue to do and say fuck all

8 hours ago, Redz said:

We're not getting anymore, DD

Cormack needs to grow a set - Put aside £1m to cover fines / fan compensation, and withdraw the club from the final

On a personal level, 'donating' ST & DNA cash (without using them) chasing rigged events is about to be suspended whilst we continue to do and say fuck all

We did 😂

We got allocated our 12 today, south stand upper. 

£72 for me and the loon, now that’s a piss take. 

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

We did 😂

We got allocated our 12 today, south stand upper. 

£72 for me and the loon, now that’s a piss take. 

😂

Aye, one of the guys I was with in Helsinki Airport received the club email shortly after I posted - A few more that were on the waiting list didn't?

The additional number we have been given will be a token gesture. This will be shown up for what it is when we see where the segregation is in the SSU

Glad you guys got sorted out, though 👍 

tbh i was kind of surprised we sold out so quickly for the final  ; i know your casual "office bus / xmas party/ stag weekend" type typically doesn't up their interest when either of old firm are playing us in a final ; but i had a sense of the mystical 40k that appeared for the ICT league cup final at Parkhead

am out of touch these days ; was speaking to  few of the lads in Helsinki about it  ; my personal opinion was i glad i chose a frozen dead rubber trip over the forthcoming league cup final v huns ; just cant be arsed with the hassle of it all now - maybe its just me , but since they disconnected the euro qualification from the league cup its go way less value ; and I've seen this movie way too many times ......

Edited by Auchinyell Sox Change

3 hours ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

tbh i was kind of surprised we sold out so quickly for the final  ; i know your casual "office bus / xmas party/ stag weekend" type typically doesn't up their interest when either of old firm are playing us in a final ; but i had a sense of the mystical 40k that appeared for the ICT league cup final at Parkhead

am out of touch these days ; was speaking to  few of the lads in Helsinki about it  ; my personal opinion was i glad i chose a frozen dead rubber trip over the forthcoming league cup final v huns ; just cant be arsed with the hassle of it all now - maybe its just me , but since they disconnected the euro qualification from the league cup its go way less value ; and I've seen this movie way too many times ......

Surprised to see a dons fan or any scottish football fan say this about the league cup. I always think the Scottish league cup has meaning compared to the any other league cup because its one of the slim chances a team out with the OF has of that winning feeling. The OF put stock in it too because they want the ultimate prize, the treble.