Least home nations qualify the better - Page 2 - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Least home nations qualify the better

GroundsKeeper

On 10/26/2023 at 11:52 AM, GroundsKeeper said:

100 percent. 

We have never played them at a major tournament and I hope it stays that way.

Seen a few instances at wembley in 2021, irvine street, that could have easily escalated into something nasty if it wasn't for the MET police.

England away fans away from home are a different breed all together.

The Scotland vs England does also bring the worst out in people.

Sharing ferries and trains will be bad enough without sharing fan parks.

What do you mean? We’ve played them the last two Euros we have qualified for.

1996 and 2021.

J

Hope Ukraine get drawn to play Wales, but knowing Wales luck they will get Finland or Iceland home  and then the home tie in “Final” 

Dont really see the need for all these Play Offs to be drawn, could quite simply have been plotted off Nations League Ranking.

Could do with an Estonia Iceland and Luxembourg getting into the main draw next week, highly unlikely but you never know

While Wales SHOULD make the final, even with home advantage, I would be shocked if they did not end up hitting the self destruct button against Poland like they have a habit to do.

Imagine Ukraine will win Play Off B, with C probably the hardest to pick (I want to say Greece, but Luxembourg and Kazakhstan form has been very good of late, and while Georgia have the home advantage, how much of a miss is Kvaratskhelia going to be for the semi-final.

Don’t think I want to see Georgia qualifying anyway, after their antics against us.

Surely Wales luck has to run out soon, been very lucky with play offs recently  what with qualifying after only getting 1 point in their Nations League group, home draws, Ukraine having to play Wednesday and Sunday last time while Wales were fresher. Hope Finland pump them. All that ‘red wall’ pish, do they think no one  else has a decent support?

1 hour ago, wanderer said:

While Wales SHOULD make the final, even with home advantage, I would be shocked if they did not end up hitting the self destruct button against Poland like they have a habit to do.

Imagine Ukraine will win Play Off B, with C probably the hardest to pick (I want to say Greece, but Luxembourg and Kazakhstan form has been very good of late, and while Georgia have the home advantage, how much of a miss is Kvaratskhelia going to be for the semi-final.

Is he injured?

14 minutes ago, Lion Rampant said:

Suspended I think, he got 3 yellows in the qualifying campaign.

Georgia will have a real shot at making this, they are a tough team to beat at home. Would be happy with them as a 4th seed should they qualify.

Article 54.03

"Cautions that have not resulted in a suspension expire on completion of the qualifying group stage. They are not carried forward to the play-offs nor the final tournament."

8 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

It says that bookings that haven’t led to a suspension expire upon completion of qualifying, i.e if he finished the group on two bookings and then got one in the semi final he’d still be available for the final. Suspensions from qualifying do carry over into the play-offs, bookings don’t

17 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Article 54.03

"Cautions that have not resulted in a suspension expire on completion of the qualifying group stage. They are not carried forward to the play-offs nor the final tournament."

100% suspended, as this has caused a bit of controversy in Georgia, as they read it as the play off's were something different, but his suspension would only be void if he had picked up his yellow card in the final play off match.

There was about 2 days of "is he or isn't he" on social media, then it was confirmed that he is out.

4 minutes ago, wanderer said:

100% suspended, as this has caused a bit of controversy in Georgia, as they read it as the play off's were something different, but his suspension would only be void if he had picked up his yellow card in the final play off match.

There was about 2 days of "is he or isn't he" on social media, then it was confirmed that he is out.

There is no doubt that the rules could be worded better, as that rules is very ambiguous. I sometime think that they do that deliberately to give themselves some wriggle room in case it happens to somebody "important" like Ronaldo or Mbappe.