Where are you based in Germany? - Page 5 - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Where are you based in Germany?

AlfieMoon

36 minutes ago, Jzw85 said:

Is that for flights and hotel , ? Hoping to get over for the first game need to come back due to work commitments after the weekend 

Yeah sure is pal stayin in sauerlacher about 20 mins away in train with train station next to it, hotel was only £340 for 4 nights n got two rooms so don’t have to listen to my mates horrendous snoring 👍 

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, dougiemacfarlanearran said:

Yeah sure is pal stayin in sauerlacher about 20 mins away in train with train station next to it, hotel was only £340 for 4 nights n got two rooms so don’t have to listen to my mates horrendous snoring 👍 

That’s a good price.  Iv pre booked a hotel about 10 mins from centre.  For me and my young lad.  Flights are quite pricey at the moment though 

27 minutes ago, macwomble said:

Can’t help you getting out but here’s a suggestion for a way back! The train example to Vienna is for the Saturday 2 weeks before (15th June not on sale yet ) overnight in Vienna home Edinburgh Sunday morning! 

IMG_4107.png

IMG_4106.png

Cheers I’ll check it out 

Hi Guys,

me and my friend booked staying in Dusseldorf Tuesday, Cologne Wednesday - Thursday we are wondering is there any good lively cities between Colgone and Stuttgart to stay , then Friday Saturday & Sunday in Stuttgart?

Flying from Istanbul to Munich on 11th

Booked up hotels Saturday night, prices weren't too bad 

4 nights Munich

5 nights Cologne

4 nights Stuttgart

Fly from Stuttgart back to Istanbul on the 24th, booked changeable flight for when we get past the group stages 😁🤞

8 minutes ago, ScotBeamSquad said:

8 nights in Würzburg

interesting place

90% of it, most of which had been there from medieval times, was destroyed in 17 minutes by Lancaster Bombers in 1945

Took them 20 years to rebuild it

Birthplace of Alfred Jodl - hanged at Nuremberg in 1946

WW2 German Radar took it's name from the city

Twinned with Dundee ..........

17 hours ago, KY87 said:

Hi Guys,

me and my friend booked staying in Dusseldorf Tuesday, Cologne Wednesday - Thursday we are wondering is there any good lively cities between Colgone and Stuttgart to stay , then Friday Saturday & Sunday in Stuttgart?

Not really. I would not recommend staying in Mainz/Mannheim area. Probably better to stay in Düsseldorf/Cologne area and then go south before Stuttgart game

21 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

What,  like spending a kings ransom on hospitality tickets ,  booking travel to Koblenz, nowhere near Munich,   for 14 th june then a mad scramble to change the travel after Scotland are in the opening game.
Or how about leaving a bag with passports on a bus in Genoa and having to sit for hours at a wee koisk that sold beer , hoping the no25 bus would somehow pass by again ? 
Or getting so drunk you need to get carried to your  hotel and the manager refusing to let you in the normal lift and bundling you into the service elevator then breaking the bed futon that you fall into . 

That kinda thing ? 

Allegedly 👀

As I have no recollection of these events then how do I know you’re telling the truth. 😂

Edited by Jersey Jim

Have cancelled Cologne hotel 13/6-16/6 due to Munich opening match.

Have now booked:

• Flight to Dusseldorf 13/6
  • Train to Munich 13/6
  • Munich - 4 nights
  • Cologne - 4 nights
  • Stuggart - 4 nights
  • Dusseldorf - 2 nights
  • Fly home from Dusseldorf 27/6

Will be broke for the rest of the year, but hopefully worth it 😁

Edited by Silversand

24 minutes ago, slasher said:

Hotels in Düsseldorf are eye wateringly expensive at the moment. Anyone know of somewhere in the vicinity that might be a bit more reasonable?

We;ve booked for Bonn, managed to get 4 nights, separate single rooms for £360 each at the bet western. 2.5 hrs to Stuttgart, and 25mins to cologne. Get yourself out of a city.

2 hours ago, slasher said:

Hotels in Düsseldorf are eye wateringly expensive at the moment. Anyone know of somewhere in the vicinity that might be a bit more reasonable?

1 hour ago, Sean2503 said:

We;ve booked for Bonn, managed to get 4 nights, separate single rooms for £360 each at the bet western. 2.5 hrs to Stuttgart, and 25mins to cologne. Get yourself out of a city.

You could go and see Kool and the Gang with Doontheslope on 4 July. 

🎼🎹 Fresh, fresh and exciting….🎼🕺

IMG_8331.thumb.png.2e89fc0ef2918db5c96494955d4db245.png

2 hours ago, slasher said:

It's a very expensive city at the best of times especially for hotels and more so with the Euros. Iv got the cheapest hotel pretty much in the city booked and might have a few beds spare. Looked for campsites outside the city also but struggled to get availability

Originally planned to be based in Memmingen and travel on matchdays but pretty much binned that idea due to the 9pm kick offs and the risk of boredom in between games. Now 5 nights in Munich, 2 in Cologne and 4 in Stuttgart with half an hour on the s-bahn to each of the city centres. Obviously cost a little bit more but I’ve got six months worth of overtime to cover it.  

3 nights in a small town just outside Cologne.   Thought we had a one-stop train to/from the stadium as well, but the stadium is closest to Mungersdorf S-bahn station, and I'm on a Regional line, so need to switch trains closer to the city.

For anyone else...

ICE = Inter City Express (Fast)

RE = Regional express (Semi-fast)

RB = Regionalbahn (Basic)

S = S-Bahn (Suburban)

U = Unterbahn (Metro)

2 nights in Mannheim en route to just 1 in Stuttgart.   Justified the $ity $entre night by the 2-night cheaper offset.

Will the RE/RB/S/U trains & trams & buses all be free on match days to ticket holders?

23 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

3 nights in a small town just outside Cologne.   Thought we had a one-stop train to/from the stadium as well, but the stadium is closest to Mungersdorf S-bahn station, and I'm on a Regional line, so need to switch trains closer to the city.

For anyone else...

ICE = Inter City Express (Fast)

RE = Regional express (Semi-fast)

RB = Regionalbahn (Basic)

S = S-Bahn (Suburban)

U = Unterbahn (Metro)

2 nights in Mannheim en route to just 1 in Stuttgart.   Justified the $ity $entre night by the 2-night cheaper offset.

Will the RE/RB/S/U trains & trams & buses all be free on match days to ticket holders?

RE/RB the difference is that RE hast just less stops. That makes it faster :) 

RE/RB/S/U/local buses are all covered by match ticket, yeah.

16 hours ago, YesTA said:

It's a very expensive city at the best of times especially for hotels and more so with the Euros. Iv got the cheapest hotel pretty much in the city booked and might have a few beds spare. Looked for campsites outside the city also but struggled to get availability

Try all towns between Cologne and Düsseldorf: Neuss, Langenfeld, Leverkusen, Krefeld etc. The area is really metropolitan and public transport is easy. You will get to any place easily. I would not recommend to book hotels in cities in centre. There are plenty options around Cologne or Düsseldorf.

1 minute ago, macwomble said:

36 hour coverage from 06:00 match day to 18:00 next day

IMG_4150.png

Yeah, that's what I posted somewhere else. This means: you can travel back from Cologne to any city in VRR after game for free. Means: if you book a hotel in Dortmund/Gelsenkirchen/Essen/Duisburg/Bochum etc. you can travel to Cologne for free for the game. You have loads more hotel options then.

19 minutes ago, TA-West Germany said:

Try all towns between Cologne and Düsseldorf: Neuss, Langenfeld, Leverkusen, Krefeld etc. The area is really metropolitan and public transport is easy. You will get to any place easily. I would not recommend to book hotels in cities in centre. There are plenty options around Cologne or Düsseldorf.

Im staying next to D-Schönaustraße, District 7 in Dusseldorf so out side the centre. Had it booked before the draw as cheap. You think it's worth staying put or finding somewhere closer to Cologne? I know the trains not long between the citys but also have to get to the bahnhof in Dusseldorf.

13 minutes ago, YesTA said:

Im staying next to D-Schönaustraße, District 7 in Dusseldorf so out side the centre. Had it booked before the draw as cheap. You think it's worth staying put or finding somewhere closer to Cologne? I know the trains not long between the citys but also have to get to the bahnhof in Dusseldorf.

Tbh I would just keep this booking and stay there. 1)Düsseldorf old town is a great place for beers and bevvies generally and 2)travel to CGN for matchday is for free and super easy. So I would not recommend to get closer to CGN. I do not see any advantage for you. How far are you from Düsseldorf main central?

17 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

You could go and see Kool and the Gang with Doontheslope on 4 July. 

🎼🎹 Fresh, fresh and exciting….🎼🕺

IMG_8331.thumb.png.2e89fc0ef2918db5c96494955d4db245.png

Mrs Slasher forced me to go to an Abba tribute the other week and I was also coerced into Mama Mia the stage show!

Thats plenty!