Where are you based in Germany? - Page 3 - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Where are you based in Germany?

AlfieMoon

Dusseldorf in an Air Bnb from 20-25th June, in the lottery for 3 games, fingers crossed for that but in general going for the atmosphere and will travel within reason to be in a city where we're playing on game day - hopefully in that Ruhr region cluster or Frankfurt.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wee town in northern Germany, Melle. .

Really looking forward to this and formulating choices. 
reckoning we’re a pot two team gives six choices of venues for the three games with two groups meaning Hamburg , Berlin and Leipzig in a different order and another group meaning Frankfurt, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt. Don’t fancy that myself. 
my preferred games would be Dortmund , Hamburg, Gelsenkirchen. 
Looking to take a couple of weeks with expectations to stay longer. 

1 hour ago, Shaundy said:

reckoning we’re a pot two team gives six choices of venues for the three games with two groups meaning Hamburg , Berlin and Leipzig in a different order and another group meaning Frankfurt, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt. Don’t fancy that myself. 

The pot we are in doesn't have a bearing on where we are in a group. 

If we are drawn into group b for example, we could then be drawn into b1,b2,b3,b4, only position we can't be is a1 (Germany)

5 hours ago, Shaundy said:

"2" in the Euro 2024 game calendar does not necessarily denote a team from pot 2 in the draw. 

9 of us booked to meet in Amsterdam on 18th and jumping on the train through to Düsseldorf. Got digs booked just outside in a wee place called Neuss so planning to be there for the second group games and head down to Cologne for a day and up to Dortmund/Bochum/Gelsenkirchen for a shambles there as well. Gonna be epic 😃

Heard that Abcdef didn’t reflect pots too. Regardless it seems the three games will be drawn about Germany. Which given the time between games opens up options. 
No where is more than a day away trip and most are day trips. Honestly don’t care what draw we get . 
have never been to Stuttgart , Munich, Leipzig or Hamburg. Would get two of them if in Germany group. 

On 11/9/2023 at 10:11 PM, Willie84 said:

9 of us booked to meet in Amsterdam on 18th and jumping on the train through to Düsseldorf. Got digs booked just outside in a wee place called Neuss so planning to be there for the second group games and head down to Cologne for a day and up to Dortmund/Bochum/Gelsenkirchen for a shambles there as well. Gonna be epic 😃

We are in the IBIS here 🍻 

We have booked Frankfurt for the first 5 nights and then  single night cover hotels in Hamburg, Berlin and Munich (on free cancellation). Got tickets for Dortmund Sat and Munich Mon in the ballot so frankfurt was a good pick as its equaitable distance from both. All goes out the window once we know where Scotland play and then plan day trips for 2nd and/or 3rd games that we will book once SSC tickets are allocated.

On 11/8/2023 at 8:38 AM, stirlish said:

I plan on using the 'pay now' function as soon as draw is made, rather than waiting to pay on arrival/day before 

Brilliant post. Ive set a reminder to do this as I have a few cities booked up with free cancellations. Flying EDI to Cologne with the kids.

Flying into Cologne via Heathrow on Saturday  15 June. Then the train to Dusseldorf. We are based there until the Wednesday. Then back to Cologne for the rest of the trip, and fly back on the Monday. 

I was at the World Cup in Germany (Munich) in 2006, and it was brilliant, even though Scotland weren’t even there. This is going to be off the scale!

On 11/23/2023 at 9:51 PM, Dillinger said:

Just booked flights in to Amsterdam 14th June, back out same way 27th. Booked a hotel in Frankfurt as it looks a good base. Absolutely buzzing now!

Also now have Hanover booked. Reckon one of these two bases should just about cover all the possibilities. 

Fly out the 14th EDN-PRA-COL. After the draw is made and find if the games are on the East side will hop off at Prague and travel over, if on the West side will carry on through to Cologne. For digs waiting for the draw to be made and will probably book in one of the neighbouring towns to the host city

On 11/22/2023 at 6:25 PM, Ally Bongo said:

Benidorm - big Apartment at the start/end of Calle Gerona ...just across from here

image.jpeg.7e5953a122c9d14d6d8f31798b5c6322.jpeg

Took me 2 hours this evening but managed to change my Benidorm Flights

Was due to fly out on Friday 14th at 8pm thinking there was no way we would be in an opening ceremony again so managed to get it changed to Thursday the 13th

Based in Dusseldorf for a fortnight from Thursday 13th of June. Nice long lie on the Friday before getting the long journey out the way early doors with an overnight train back. From memory just under 3 hours to Stuttgart and ideal for Cologne 

Lots of other wee toons and big cities in the NRW region for day trips on non matchdays

Now I just need the kick off times confirmed so I can organise my day trips with my list of pubs I like