Injury Watch - Page 27 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Injury Watch

Caledonian Craig

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

Russell Martin said Adams was subbed as a precaution ahead of play offs. So hopefully fine.

In terms of our group opponents, Fabian Schar of Newcastle is injured for remainder of season with hamstring injury so must be a doubt for Euros. Is a starter for Swiss team.

Good news about Adams.

Schar is a big loss to Switzerland if he is out. Shaqiri also injured I hear? I don’t know the full extent on what the injury front looks like for our opponents this summer? If Szoboszlai or Orban get injured then that’s a very huge blow for Hungary.

1 hour ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

Russell Martin said Adams was subbed as a precaution ahead of play offs. So hopefully fine.

In terms of our group opponents, Fabian Schar of Newcastle is injured for remainder of season with hamstring injury so must be a doubt for Euros. Is a starter for Swiss team.

Schar has since told Swiss media that he doesn’t think the injury is too bad, expects to play for Newcastle again this season and will be fit for the Euros. 

I know because he’s in my fantasy football team 😅

3 hours ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

Denis Zakaria might be out too. 

4 hours ago, DesiScotsman said:

Good news about Adams.

Schar is a big loss to Switzerland if he is out. Shaqiri also injured I hear? I don’t know the full extent on what the injury front looks like for our opponents this summer? If Szoboszlai or Orban get injured then that’s a very huge blow for Hungary.

It looks like Shaqiri came off the bench in the second half this weekend 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

Schar has since told Swiss media that he doesn’t think the injury is too bad, expects to play for Newcastle again this season and will be fit for the Euros. 

I know because he’s in my fantasy football team 😅

4 hours ago, DesiScotsman said:

Good news about Adams.

Hadnt realised Schar had said that. Aw well.

Agree about Szoboszlai, he is Hungary's stand out player.

Edited by Gala Tartan Army (Borders)

59 minutes ago, GilmourFan said:

The commentator didn't mention an injury.

He walked off fine

He's not injured.

Cheers for that. Think I'd know by now to stop using Flashscores as my source of information 😳

17 minutes ago, GilmourFan said:

You're welcome.

Yeah. But with our luck you'd believe it.

Indeed! I've never been so glad to see our players coming off early and/or not starting for a long time 😁

14 hours ago, GilmourFan said:

Me, too. I'm not a praying man but... 😛

The match was played like a pre-season friendly, which I was delighted about!

No player, including McGinn and Gilmour, broke into a sweat or put in a tackle.

One weekend of hoping it to be injury free down, two/three to go. 😉

If that match was played like that it makes you wonder what the Gibraltar and Finland games are going to be like. Imagine getting injured and missing the euros a week or so before they begin. Devastated to say the least. How many subs are allowed in friendlies because it is going to be the proverbial conveyer belt of players being replaced. That being the case I can't really see any real advantage in playing them with   the threat of injuries being an obvious huge disadvantage. Realise all countries will be playing warm up games as well but just makes you wonder how we will approach them. 

53 minutes ago, thesaint said:

If that match was played like that it makes you wonder what the Gibraltar and Finland games are going to be like. Imagine getting injured and missing the euros a week or so before they begin. Devastated to say the least. How many subs are allowed in friendlies because it is going to be the proverbial conveyer belt of players being replaced. That being the case I can't really see any real advantage in playing them with   the threat of injuries being an obvious huge disadvantage. Realise all countries will be playing warm up games as well but just makes you wonder how we will approach them. 

Perhaps (all in caps), Clarke will have a few players he isn't too familiar with to get an opportunity to play to see if they make the final 26. Also players like Hickey and Hanley will get some game time to increase match sharpness. Maybe we experiment with some formations. 

25 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

Perhaps (all in caps), Clarke will have a few players he isn't too familiar with to get an opportunity to play to see if they make the final 26. Also players like Hickey and Hanley will get some game time to increase match sharpness. Maybe we experiment with some formations. 

Maybe. Although don't see Hickey playing and a week before the tournament begins seems a bit late to be experimenting with new formations. At the very least that should have been done in the last friendlies. Anyway the games are being played but to what advantage remains to be seen. 

9 minutes ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

McTominay not in Man Utd squad tonight. Hoping Ten Hag just making sure he has recovered properly this time.

That’ll be a first considering the way he’s managed him and a few other Utd players this season fitness wise.

I’m just glad McTom isn’t playing tonight. Let him heal properly rather than slightly. 

15 hours ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

McTominay not in Man Utd squad tonight. Hoping Ten Hag just making sure he has recovered properly this time.

Even more pleased he wasn't playing now, the Red 'supporters' would be laying the result at Mctominays door all day long

27 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

Hickey all but out of the euros according to Thomas Frank. 

FFS.. What the hell did he do to his hamstring?? Its been 7.5 months.. Players have recovered from acl injuries quicker.

Feel for him as he was a sure starter. 

25 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

Hickey all but out of the euros according to Thomas Frank. 

Frank said exactly what you would expect him to say. His exact words were his chances were 'not positive'. Which is pretty fair given he won't have played in over 6 months. He was in light training a month ago so can't be far from full training now. Quite right not to risk him in a n epl game but I'd expect to see him in the frendlies. 

2 hours ago, Templeton_Peck said:

FFS.. What the hell did he do to his hamstring?? Its been 7.5 months.. Players have recovered from acl injuries quicker.

Feel for him as he was a sure starter. 

It must have been a hamstring tear for it to take so long though I'd be curious about the 'setback' he suffered.

There is absolutely no way Clarke is going to pick him. 

Ralston and McRorie should be given a fair crack in the friendlies (not that they will teach us much), if they fail to inspire confidence then we should look to fill the RWB position with a midfielder - Armstrong standing out as the strongest candidate due to his experience, and Fraser as an outsider due to his past arseholery