Future Striker - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Future Striker

JandC

7 minutes ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

Mebude hasn’t played since august, has been injured and had only started in one 45min half for his club who I assume are similar quality to Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts. So I was surprised to see him. 

Not sure where Emilio Lawrence plays but he’s only 18, still eligible for the under 19s, hasn’t played any senior football or for our under 21s. Not sure why he’s involved unless very good. I’m guessing he’s a central striker. 

Bowie hasn’t scored in the same league as Dembele. Not saying he should be dropped but shows the level we’re picking from. 

Dembele’s 3 goals and assist for Blackpool does seem like he would have got a call up if he hadn’t changed allegiance 4 years ago. 

Mebude is a continuity selection, as per my post. If Dembele had been available throughout the last few years he would potentially have been given the same benefit - players who turn up every time get picked. It’s exactly the same with Clarke.

The rest play in different positions.

I stand by my post, who do you drop from the squad for Dembele? I don’t think there is anyone.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, Scots_Wha_Hae said:

Mebude is a continuity selection, as per my post. If Dembele had been available throughout the last few years he would potentially have been given the same benefit - players who turn up every time get picked. It’s exactly the same with Clarke.

The rest play in different positions.

I stand by my post, who do you drop from the squad for Dembele? I don’t think there is anyone.

Probably Lawrence (apparently a right winger too) because he’d start for the under 19s but sit on the bench for the under 21s. He also hasn’t proven himself at Dembele’s level. 

And probably Mebude because he can’t be match fit. 

As long as a talent like Lawrence is injured & not been tapped up by England I'm okay with it. He has represented both in the past I believe.

Dembele is a player I long since lost excitement about, crazy that he is still young enough for our under 21 squad. Doubt he wants to play for us anyway , think him & his older bro prefer Ivory Coast if they are good enough. 

• 2 months later...

Tommy Conway in action this afternoon, can he be classed as a future striker? 

He’s certainly hit the headlines in the last couple of weeks, here’s hoping he can continue this run of form + goals and give S.Clarke something to think !! 

1 hour ago, broraboy said:

Tommy Conway in action this afternoon, can he be classed as a future striker? 

He’s certainly hit the headlines in the last couple of weeks, here’s hoping he can continue this run of form + goals and give S.Clarke something to think !! 

Get him in for the march friendlies

Let's see what he can do 

• 2 weeks later...

Just looked at the Blackburn Wrexham match report and I noticed Sam Gallagher among the goals, so I went to read about him.  Did we perhaps miss an opportunity with him?  He's never been prolific but wondered if his qualities might have been useful for us.  

8 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

Just looked at the Blackburn Wrexham match report and I noticed Sam Gallagher among the goals, so I went to read about him.  Did we perhaps miss an opportunity with him?  He's never been prolific but wondered if his qualities might have been useful for us.  

He was a Scotland youth player but jumped ship when England came calling, at the same time as Matt Targett. I think they were both at Southampton at the time too.

23 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

Looked a prospect when he was about 21 (probably similar to what Tommy Conway looks now) but don’t think he’s ever been better than what we have. I’d hope that Shankland could score more than 10 a season in the championship.