Season tickets.... - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Season tickets....

How does this work? Genuine question. We have sold out our season tickets for the upcoming season. How many do they sell. It can't be the entire capacity of the stadium, that would mean nothin available to the public for the entire season.. Or, do the clubs sell a portion of seats as "season tickets" and have so many left over for public purchase. Do all clubs do this, or is it up to each club How many tickets they keep for public sale. It's a genuine question. CHEERS.. 👍

That's exactly what it means. All seats sold for the season. Only availability will be whatever they give to visiting fans. All clubs would do business like that. Sell out the entire season before a ball is kicked and guarantee the income, rather than leave it to chance they sell remaining tickets on a game to game basis. Obviously season ticket holders can't make every game so those without need to hope seats become available on the resale market for matches they want to attend. 

17 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

How does this work? Genuine question. We have sold out our season tickets for the upcoming season. How many do they sell. It can't be the entire capacity of the stadium, that would mean nothin available to the public for the entire season.. Or, do the clubs sell a portion of seats as "season tickets" and have so many left over for public purchase. Do all clubs do this, or is it up to each club How many tickets they keep for public sale. It's a genuine question. CHEERS.. 👍

Celtic normally leave a few thousand each game for public sale. 

Only Celtic and Rangers, possibly hearts will sell out their allocation of season tickets. Hearts are a well supported club at home, its actually quite impressive considering they don't win that often. I understand Aberdeen have beaten some sort of record for ST sales this season. 

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Only Celtic and Rangers, possibly hearts will sell out their allocation of season tickets. Hearts are a well supported club at home, its actually quite impressive considering they don't win that often. I understand Aberdeen have beaten some sort of record for ST sales this season. 

Hearts have a few thousand on a waiting list. 

Killie have sold around 4500 this season so far. We had sold over 5,000 by time the season started last year so hoping for similar. Not too bad given only 47,000 stay in the town. 

5 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Broke 10k, think it’s closer to 11 now. 

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Hearts have a few thousand on a waiting list. 

Killie have sold around 4500 this season so far. We had sold over 5,000 by time the season started last year so hoping for similar. Not too bad given only 47,000 stay in the town. 

and I assume you are surround by Celtic and rangers fans too

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

and I assume you are surround by Celtic and rangers fans too

Almost certainly. I’d be amazed if there isn't  more old firm fans in Kilmarnock than Killie fans probs by some distance so that’s a fair effort from them.

44 minutes ago, JECK said:

Almost certainly. I’d be amazed if there isn't  more old firm fans in Kilmarnock than Killie fans probs by some distance so that’s a fair effort from them.

My son's pals, almost all, are huns. In Kilmarnock. It's tragic.

On 7/14/2023 at 10:03 PM, JECK said:

Nah maybe in years gone by but I'd out money on bulk of football fans in killie now support Kilmarnock.  

Sold well over 5000 season tickets last season.There's not one supporters bus that leaves killie for either old firm side although think one from Ayr picks folk up for Parkhead.  Plenty old firm buses in other parts of Ayrshire. 

I'm not saying there's not lots of OF fans like most places in Scotland but majority of youngsters seem to support Kilmarnock. Certainly going by strips you see.

Sold 2000 away tops on Saturday when they went on sale.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

9 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Some good reading there troops... Now.. What about Cup games, League Cup, Scottish Cup, Europa, Champions League.. Are these also included in a season ticker book?

When I got my first season ticket back around 1992 it included all league games, all home cup games up to the quarters and I'm pretty sure the first round or 2 in Europe. By the time I gave it up around 2017 that was down to just the league games, and had been for probably around 15 years or so.

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

When I got my first season ticket back around 1992 it included all league games, all home cup games up to the quarters and I'm pretty sure the first round or 2 in Europe. By the time I gave it up around 2017 that was down to just the league games, and had been for probably around 15 years or so.

Aye, i'd say Killie stopped including any cup games maybe 20 years ago at least. 

12 minutes ago, duncan II said:

Gargieston.

Strange, my mates kids go there and they've opposite experience. 

Hopefully your kids year if just a blip. 

More Killie supporting the kids in the town than i can ever remember. 

If you go to mini kickers etc you;ll see more Killie strips than both old firm team combined by some distance. 

1 minute ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Strange, my mates kids go there and they've opposite experience. 

Hopefully your kids year if just a blip. 

More Killie supporting the kids in the town than i can ever remember. 

If you go to mini kickers etc you;ll see more Killie strips than both old firm team combined by some distance. 

Yeah, absolutely. I see plenty Killie strips. Just noticeable cos my son (who hates football) comes home snd winds me up by saying he loves Rangers. His friends he plays with who stay round about us all go about with the orange monstrosity on. As you say, maybe just a blip of a year group.

• 2 weeks later...