Season 23/24 - Page 57 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

12 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

This is mainly a Scotland Football message board where most members do not support either of the OF 

Therefore if a Celtic supporter whinges about Rangers fans behavior then they will likely receive the same short shrift that a Rangers supporter whingeing about Celtic fans behaviour would 

The reason - as i said before - both clubs have the exact same elements amongst their support and anything one has done it is unlikely the other hasnt

Places where you are more likely to get positive responses to this whingeing are the Huddleboard or Follow Follow

Thanks for the advice !!! It's not whingeing, it's the truth, just ashamed some folk don't see it, or are afraid to admit that Big Ramy knows the score... FACT !!!😊

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, LoganRoy said:

I presume you emailed Ange asking him to remove Kyogo for his similar cheating?

Silvas earlier theatrical performances should have resulted on a booking, I'd give divers no chances. He was however fouled for the penalty. His theatrics after, waving to Tavernier and hovering at the penalty spot showed how sure he was it was a penalty.  

Was speaking about this earlier. The problem from a refereeing perspective with Silva on Sunday and those who act like him is how you differentiate between diving / simulation and over reacting.

I cant remember all the times Silva was rolling about like a twat on Sunday but for the ones I can remember he was fouled / there was contact. The one Johnstone got booked for example. Silva was blocked off, it was a foul but thats all it was. Silva the rolls about as if he has been shot. 

Now to the casual fan its easy to point the finger and say, he is clearly at it but in terms of the authorities it would be a minefield. 

For example I remember watching a game a while back and the player rolls about similar to Silva, replay shows minimal contact so he is clearly trying to get the opponent booked I was saying. Turns out he had broke a bone in his foot.

As a general point I get the hatred. I hate that side of the game aswell but it how you address it thats hard. Its much easier to punish an actual dive. Ie where there is no contact. Authorities have stopped doing that it seems though. Remember the Hearts guy from Lithuania got a retrospective 2 match ban. What happened to stuff like that? 

50 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

This is mainly a Scotland Football message board where most members do not support either of the OF 

Therefore if a Celtic supporter whinges about Rangers fans behavior then they will likely receive the same short shrift that a Rangers supporter whingeing about Celtic fans behaviour would 

The reason - as i said before - both clubs have the exact same elements amongst their support and anything one has done it is unlikely the other hasnt

Places where you are more likely to get positive responses to this whingeing are the Huddleboard or Follow Follow

👏 👏 

52 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Last time I checked, this thread is about season 23-24, something Celtic and Sevco are a part of, so your whole Scottish message board rant is out the window. I can discuss Celtic FC all I want...

Secondly this board is full of hypocrites. They moan all season long about how Sevco never receive penalties against them, always get a penalty, your team got fucked over by Sevco, yet, when it's Celtic that gets fucked over, it's ok...  Let's post a Celtic video and scream they are just as bad. That's total fuckin bollocks... The stats done lie, everyone knows Sevco are a cheatin bunch of cunts and the VAR and Scottish officials are in bed with them.. I'll never change my mind, so no point even arguing with me, I know I'm right. It's just the hatred and jealousy towards Celtic FC that cloud your judgement l... That's ok though, nobody is perfect !!! HH 😊

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

Are you for real?

There is now an established pattern of serious assault and intimidation of Celtic staff, players and fans at Ibrox going back a few years now. The huns seem incapable of providing a secure environment for visiting Celtic teams. That has to be addressed before something even more serious occurs than what has already gone before, especially now with a proposed return of visiting fans next season.

Rather than addressing this appalling behaviour you have chosen to use false equivalence by referencing something from 24 years ago. If you can’t call this out without resorting to pathetic whataboutery on the huns behalf then I for one have no interest in your opinion! No doubt you’ll get plenty of plaudits from the two cheeks brigade who blame the Glasgow clubs for all Scottish football’s ills. Then maybe that’s what you were after in the first place 🤔

Edited by slasher

These arseholes that throw bottles, lighters or whatever else are absolute bellends. The only “positive” to come from it is that Rangers have been pretty swift in handing out lifetime bans to recent perpetrators so hopefully these pricks will be identified and dealt with similarly, as well as getting collared by PS. 

Never mind the Old Firm, after the euphoria of getting promoted at the Wembley in the play offs less than a year ago Carlisle Utd relegated to League 2. 6 league wins so far this season. Awful. My son plays for CUFC CST, last season they finished 3rd behind Everton & Man City, this season they're bottom of league as well.

Roll on the euros 

8 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

Never mind the Old Firm, after the euphoria of getting promoted at the Wembley in the play offs less than a year ago Carlisle Utd relegated to League 2. 6 league wins so far this season. Awful. My son plays for CUFC CST, last season they finished 3rd behind Everton & Man City, this season they're bottom of league as well.

Roll on the euros 

Carlisle should be punching a lot higher in terms of their catchment area and potential albeit they are in a Rugby League area. 

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Are you for real?

There is now an established pattern of serious assault and intimidation of Celtic staff, players and fans at Ibrox going back a few years now. The huns seem incapable of providing a secure environment for visiting Celtic teams. That has to be addressed before something even more serious occurs than what has already gone before, especially now with a proposed return of visiting fans next season.

Rather than addressing this appalling behaviour you have chosen to use false equivalence by referencing something from 24 years ago. If you can’t call this out without resorting to pathetic whataboutery on the huns behalf then I for one have no interest in your opinion! No doubt you’ll get plenty of plaudits from the two cheeks brigade who blame the Glasgow clubs for all Scottish football’s ills. Then maybe that’s what you were after in the first place 🤔

So the Celtic fans throwing bottles at Steven Gerrard after he scored a penalty in a charity match a year ago was just made up ?

There is no fucking false equivalence which is the point i was trying to make in my post

And as for "incapable of providing a secure environment" are you for real ?

As long as there is a Rangers and Celtic these things will happen

There are times when one side will be worse than the other but they will take turns at it

And this was 2 years ago when away fans were still allowed

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/scottish-news/20107662.rangers-celtic-fans-throw-bottles-shocking-scenes-old-firm-game/

Edited by Ally Bongo

14 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

So the Celtic fans throwing bottles at Steven Gerrard after he scored a penalty in a charity match a year ago was just made up ?

There is no fucking false equivalence which is the point i was trying to make in my post

There are times when one side will be worse than the other but they will take turns at it

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/scottish-news/20107662.rangers-celtic-fans-throw-bottles-shocking-scenes-old-firm-game/

Listen pal, we have our arseholes in our support, but to say we are on the same level as Sevco, you need your fuckin head examined.. They are Scotland's shame. Everywhere they go they cause bother. If they are no starting fights with other supporters, they will gladly batter fuck out eachother.. How many rangers staff were hurt at Parkhead this season? None !! No issues... Let's all turn a blind eye though to Ibrox once again..  

And that Logan fella, you want me to bring up booing when the Pope passed away? Neil Lennon being attacked in the dugout by a lunatic Jambo???? Your mob are no fuckin saints either pal... Every club has their bad element, but Sevco float right to the top of the sump !!!!

8 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

If you can’t see the difference between a few arseholes that populate every support and what are clearly major security issues inside Ibrox then I can’t help you. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Remember the bottles and coins that were aimed into Celtic dugout didn’t come from the cheap seats at Ibrox. Things were so bad at one point that they couldn’t guarantee the safety of a pundit so that he could do his job. Not a hint of embarrassment or apology about that statement by the way, they put it out there like a fuckin badge of honour.

Something needs done and pronto!

2 hours ago, slasher said:

If you can’t see the difference between a few arseholes that populate every support and what are clearly major security issues inside Ibrox then I can’t help you. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Remember the bottles and coins that were aimed into Celtic dugout didn’t come from the cheap seats at Ibrox. Things were so bad at one point that they couldn’t guarantee the safety of a pundit so that he could do his job. Not a hint of embarrassment or apology about that statement by the way, they put it out there like a fuckin badge of honour.

But Rangers have done something about it, did they nae reduce away supporter allocations citing security issues. 🤔

2 hours ago, slasher said:

Its near on impossible to prevent a nutter from doing this however I remain utterly bemused how someone can enter a stadium these days equipped with bottles or other makeshift weaponry. They need to be banned of course but criminal sentencing must be significant. 

Edited by EddardStark

19 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

This thread is going exactly as I thought it would. Deflect, Deflect, Deflect...... We know the truth... "We Are All The Truth"...... 

Whos deflecting Ramy?

14 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

And that Logan fella, you want me to bring up booing when the Pope passed away? Neil Lennon being attacked in the dugout by a lunatic Jambo???? Your mob are no fuckin saints either pal... Every club has their bad element, but Sevco float right to the top of the sump !!!!

I'll tackle it in two-parts.

I'm neither religious nor bigoted, but people can boo who they wish.  It's no different to the QE booing.  Do I agree with it, absolutely not.

In respect of the attack, utterly disgusted by it and there's no excuse that can be made.  Fortunately it was dealt with by the authorities. 

Any attack on a player is wrong. We've seen it with Dida at Parkhead, Tavernier at Easter Road and Brown at Ibrox - and rightly the perpetrators were found and dealt with. 

The problem we have is, most, if not all are reasonable in their thought process and can criticise their own club. 

•You're a self-confessed bigot who doesn't see an issue with it, but shout about Rangers fans. 

•You can see Silva as a diver but not Kyogo

•You hate Beaton/Refs and the use of VAR but can't see you get just as many dodgy decisions against the other 10 clubs as Rangers.

I'd like to think it's a 'comedy' act, but I can only presume its thickness.

2 minutes ago, LoganRoy said:

I'll tackle it in two-parts.

I'm neither religious nor bigoted, but people can boo who they wish.  It's no different to the QE booing.  Do I agree with it, absolutely not.

In respect of the attack, utterly disgusted by it and there's no excuse that can be made.  Fortunately it was dealt with by the authorities. 

Any attack on a player is wrong. We've seen it with Dida at Parkhead, Tavernier at Easter Road and Brown at Ibrox - and rightly the perpetrators were found and dealt with. 

The problem we have is, most, if not all are reasonable in their thought process and can criticise their own club. 

•You're a self-confessed bigot who doesn't see an issue with it, but shout about Rangers fans. 

•You can see Silva as a diver but not Kyogo

•You hate Beaton/Refs and the use of VAR but can't see you get just as many dodgy decisions against the other 10 clubs as Rangers.

I'd like to think it's a 'comedy' act, but I can only presume its thickness.

Is that right aye? So I'm a bigot now? I said I and a 90 minute "bigot"when we play Sevco, big difference. Who isn't for fuck sake? 90 minutes of hatred, then it disappears for me. It's the euphoria, the buzz !! Difference is, I don't run out on the street battering folk, singing sectarian songs, smash memorial benches, throw bottles at opposing players, run about with a fuckin balaclava spanking my meat over the butchers apron !!! I'm no a bigot ya fuckin clown. My best mate, best man at my wedding is a die hard, Protestant, who loves Kilmarnock... 

Let me ask you this Einstein... Booing God Save The King at Hampden last week? Is that not a act of Bigotry? Blasphemy against the King??? So every cunt that booed the anthem at Hampden is a bigot ??? You have never in your life, watching Scotland vs England, said anything nasty? Bollocks !!  And you know I'm right !!!

Security will be increased at Champions League games this week after a media outlet supporting the Islamic State group published threats against venues.

A pro-IS media channel has published multiple posters calling for attacks at stadiums hosting quarter-final ties on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Uefa said it was aware of the threats but said games in Madrid, Paris and London would go ahead as planned.

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Is that right aye? So I'm a bigot now? I said I and a 90 minute "bigot"when we play Sevco, big difference. Who isn't for fuck sake? 90 minutes of hatred, then it disappears for me. It's the euphoria, the buzz !! Difference is, I don't run out on the street battering folk, singing sectarian songs, smash memorial benches, throw bottles at opposing players, run about with a fuckin balaclava spanking my meat over the butchers apron !!! I'm no a bigot ya fuckin clown. My best mate, best man at my wedding is a die hard, Protestant, who loves Kilmarnock... 

Let me ask you this Einstein... Booing God Save The King at Hampden last week? Is that not a act of Bigotry? Blasphemy against the King??? So every cunt that booed the anthem at Hampden is a bigot ??? You have never in your life, watching Scotland vs England, said anything nasty? Bollocks !!  And you know I'm right !!!

So, in short you're a bigot.  Thanks for confirming 👍 

Why is so hard for ex pros plus Michael Stewart to understand that a defender can get a touch on a ball but if they kick a player in the same action a pen can be given? Why do they think their view trumps that of  experienced ex refs, most pundits and general sensible objective fans ?

2 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Why is so hard for ex pros plus Michael Stewart to understand that a defender can get a touch on a ball but if they kick a player in the same action a pen can be given? Why do they think their view trumps that of  experienced ex refs, most pundits and general sensible objective fans ?

Alistair Johnston should have had a red card for violent conduct, no hearing, an automatic lifetime ban from football all together to be honest.. I hope that poor lad Flavio is out of intensive care, poor bastard....