Season 23/24 - Page 54 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

5 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

If the ref deems it to be "careless" or "reckless" it's a foul, whether the ball is touched or not. The laws of the game don't mention "making contact with the ball". The only thing that the ref needs to convince himself of, is, - was the tackle careless? If it was it's a foul, if he decides it wasn't careless it's not a foul.

Exactly, but whether and how much he connects with the ball is part of how the ref considers whether it was careless or reckless. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is it going to take for the governing body to do something about the disorder inside Ibrox at these games? They had no Celtic fans to pelt with missiles today so attacked the bench again instead! 
It’s not on but will be swept under the carpet as usual by todays ‘moral winners’. 😏

8 minutes ago, slasher said:

What is it going to take for the governing body to do something about the disorder inside Ibrox at these games? They had no Celtic fans to pelt with missiles today so attacked the bench again instead! 
It’s not on but will be swept under the carpet as usual by todays ‘moral winners’. 😏

Oh the irony. I was at CP in May1999 mate. Our players were pelted at the went down the tunnel. No excuses though. Needs to be sorted.   

10 minutes ago, slasher said:

Absolutely disgusting behaviour. Ive never understood the thinking behind a grown adult acting that way but I suppose that also go for the songs sung. 

CCTV should make it easy to identify somebody throwing anything onto the pitch. Should result in a ban even when it doesnt hit anybody. You could be banning about 50 fans per game if you actually wanted to in these games.

17 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Oh the irony. I was at CP in May1999 mate. Our players were pelted at the went down the tunnel. No excuses though. Needs to be sorted.   

But but but but remember that time in 1999

WATP

20 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

In recent games at Ibrox the Celtic physio has had his head split open with a glass bottle, Joe Harts penalty area littered with broken glass and numerous fans (when they were allowed in) injured by flying batteries, golf balls and bottles ……..but your response is to indulge in whataboutery from 24 years ago. 
Have a word with yourself Ed 🙈

37 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

The problem with what you say is that its not what the rules are.

Nowhere in law 12 does it mention that any contact has to be enough to make the opponent go down. 

Very few fouls that are correctly awarded in football would result in a person going to ground. If a person is kicked on the leg in a non football context then the natural thing to do would be hop about abit, not fall to the ground. In football though its accepted that players fall over when kicked. Thats what happened here, Johnstone swung and kicks Silva. I dont think anybody is disputing that. The only consideration then is whether the ref thinks its in careless / reckless. If it is then its a penalty.

I saw that whilst also saying Silva and players like him do my nut in. He was rolling about trying to get Celtic players booked or sent off all game. He was very much looking for Johnstone to connect with him but thats then what happened.

Ok ffs, the tackle was neither careless or reckless. It was a dive regardless of any rule you quote

7 minutes ago, slasher said:

In recent games at Ibrox the Celtic physio has had his head split open with a glass bottle, Joe Harts penalty area littered with broken glass and numerous fans (when they were allowed in) injured by flying batteries, golf balls and bottles ……..but your response is to indulge in whataboutery from 24 years ago. 
Have a word with yourself Ed 🙈

Hard not to forget. The same game seen a ref assaulted by the same fans. 😊

1 minute ago, EddardStark said:

Hard not to forget. The same game seen a ref assaulted by the same fans. 😊

You’re not doing yourself any favours 🤷🏼‍♂️

2 minutes ago, slasher said:

You’re not doing yourself any favours 🤷🏼‍♂️

Apologies. I find it hard to take lectures on fan behaviour from Celtic fans. I’m not saying Rangers shouldn’t be held to account. Action should be taken. But I can’t guarantee you it will be reciprocated in May and not a word will be said. 

11 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

I can’t see the problem with our pen. He caught him. Same defender got away with one in a previous OF this season.

It’s a penalty for Rangers. It’s always going to be scrutinised to the nth degree regardless of how clear cut it is. 

16 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Ok ffs, the tackle was neither careless or reckless. It was a dive regardless of any rule you quote

If it wasnt careless or reckless, how would you describe making contact above the knee after swinging for the ball?

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

If it wasnt careless or reckless, how would you describe making contact above the knee after swinging for the ball?

Why are you so desperate to justify a hun penalty? You don't help yourself here mate  😂 

I'd describe it as accidental contact which in no way would stop a diving wee cunt from getting to the ball and taking a pop at goal..

The right decision wad the one made by Beaton to begin with. A yellow for simulation. 

Edited by vanderark14

5 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Apologies. I find it hard to take lectures on fan behaviour from Celtic fans. I’m not saying Rangers shouldn’t be held to account. Action should be taken. But I can’t guarantee you it will be reciprocated in May and not a word will be said. 

I don’t think I was lecturing at all and now you’re implying that Rangers are held to a different standard?

I think I’ll just log oot, you’ve lost the plot clearly.

21 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

I can’t see the problem with our pen. He caught him. Same defender got away with one in a previous OF this season.

Of course you can't. Getting pens like that is normal for you and the rest of the huns

For the rest of us we get to watching goldson handle the ball as much as he likes with no action.

We get to watch out players hauled down in the box with no action taken

6 minutes ago, slasher said:

I don’t think I was lecturing at all and now you’re implying that Rangers are held to a different standard?

I think I’ll just log oot, you’ve lost the plot clearly.

You weren't lecturing anyone. You stated facts. 

25 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

It’s a penalty for Rangers. It’s always going to be scrutinised to the nth degree regardless of how clear cut it is. 

Clear cut penalties for Rangers - or anyone else - aren't worthy of scrutiny though. Because by definition they are clearly penalties.

How many of the Rangers 14 this season have genuinely fallen into the clear cut category? Genuine question?

Today's was laughable - there is no way that even gets a VAR check outside of Glasgow.

As soon as Beaton books Silva, he has to overturn the decision because it wasn't a dive.

Smart from Mr. Beaton to help his pals in the Crown Pub.

Can't help but feel the pendulum swings in Rangers favour despite having to go to Parkhead. They'll be confident going to Celtic knowing that they probably just need to avoid a defeat. 

5 minutes ago, LoganRoy said:

As soon as Beaton books Silva, he has to overturn the decision because it wasn't a dive.

Smart from Mr. Beaton to help his pals in the Crown Pub.

Can't help but feel the pendulum swings in Rangers favour despite having to go to Parkhead. They'll be confident going to Celtic knowing that they probably just need to avoid a defeat. 

That’s not been particularly easy for us in recent years though. I can’t really call it at the moment and still fancy both teams to drop points somewhere outwith the Old Firm game. 

3 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

If the defending player kicks the ball then then follows through onto the attacker then how much contact he makes with the ball 100% matters.

Another thing that annoys me watching OF games is how its generally accepted that the ref can just apply the rules differently.  Scales had a deliberate pull of a Rangers player who was then going to go into the attacking 3rd. Its a yellow all day long but because it was only 5 mins in he just gets a warning. Likewise, CCV walks up and flicks the ball away, preventing Rangers taking a free kick. Again, a yellow all day yet because its early in the game he gets a warning.

Ironically the booking Khun gets was the least deserving of this and the above 2 but because it was 20 odd mins in he gets given one.

I understand that if its a questionable foul then use abit of discretion but you cant just not book somebody because it might put them and the ref in a difficult decision later in the game.

This indirectly affects other teams as a natural result of this type of refereeing results in the OF having less players suspended. It doesnt happen in any other derby or game. 

100% spot on with the can’t book someone early doors in an OF game, as you say other teams will accumulate more bookings & suspensions because they don’t get the same leeway.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Why are you so desperate to justify a hun penalty? You don't help yourself here mate  😂 

I'd describe it as accidental contact which in no way would stop a diving wee cunt from getting to the ball and taking a pop at goal..

The right decision wad the one made by Beaton to begin with. A yellow for simulation. 

I comment on lots of games but few get into much debate cause other games fans can be rationale. 

The fact Silva is a diving wee C, whether he would get to the ball or not to take a shot at goal are all irrelevent as you well know.

Again, even accidental doesnt come into the equation. If it was then most of fouls and almost all penalties wouldnt be given as few defenders deliberately kick other players rather than the ball. Its the missing of the ball and kicking the player that makes it a foul. Im sure you know this already.