craig gordon - Page 13 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

craig gordon

tartan davie

On 7/11/2023 at 7:49 AM, ProudScot said:

Fully back Gordon to reclaim the Hearts #1 jersey & get back into the Scotland squad.

A three of Gunn, Gordon & McCrorie would be good for the Euros. Don’t particularly rate Kelly or Clark. 

Agree. McCrorie remans the best future hope.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Agree. McCrorie remans the best future hope.

Must admit i find the McCorie one strange 

He must have something about him for Rangers to keep him and Steve Clarke to call him into the squad previously

However hes 25 only played 114 games (according to wiki) a third of those were in league 2, when gone on loan to top league struggled to hold down a position at Livi 

Just hasnt really happened for him yet - appreciate 25 still young for a goalie

Would love to see him go out on loan at a decent level and get a full season and really kick on 

12 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

He really needs to hope Butland is a disaster and he ends up first choice at Ibrox fairly soon. Either that or he needs to get a move. 

Most big clubs have internationals as their number 2 these days. They get games like the Carling Cup or when number is injured. McCrorie will likely get the Scottish Cup etc. Don't forget he played a flawless game v Celtic this year.

7 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Most big clubs have internationals as their number 2 these days. They get games like the Carling Cup or when number is injured. McCrorie will likely get the Scottish Cup etc. Don't forget he played a flawless game v Celtic this year.

😃

13 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

He’ll maybe get into our squad regularly while he’s warming the bench it Ibrox and picking up the odd cup game but he’ll never be our first choice keeper unless we have some serious long term injury issues. 

On 7/13/2023 at 3:01 AM, Tartan blood said:

First and foremost, a keeper's job is to keep the ball out the net. Having good distribution and sweeper keeper traits are bonuses. And I really don't think Gordon is as bad at that as you're making out. But he is world class at his primary job.

I'm really not seeing what Gunn has done to merit permanently ousting Gordon as number 1. If he's demoted to number 2 for a year, so be it. He'll get over it. And then maybe go on to win another 50 caps. A fit Gordon should absolutely be in the starting 11 for the Euros.

I do agree, Gunn hasn't needed to make many saves and to my knowledge there hasn't been any big saves that have kept us in a match or even gained us points but I am for keeping him as number 1.  Gunn is our immediate future for the next few years, thus far even though he hasn't done anything spectacular he has done the job competently, on the flip side hasn't done anything worth dropping him for.   None know what state Gordon is going to be when he comes back, the mental challenge of getting over a broken leg will take its toll and I am not doubting his bravery in any way, just acknowledging to be back playing will be a massive milestone never mind starting for your nation.  That said, we have some friendlies, and we might have a few qualifiers with qualification already in the bank but I believe we are better spending those on getting more caps for Gunn developing his relationship and getting experience for him....with the exception for the England game which someone pointed out is doubtful, but playing against the likes of Harry Kane will do him no harm