Indyref 2 (2) - Page 188 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Indyref 2 (2)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, aaid said:

Still think that Wings is an advocate for Scottish Independence?

IMG_0329.png

What is this case actually about?  Is there nothing to it?  In lost with it now.

It's a distraction but why is there even a case being taken through the courts?  Was it less than transparent? 

There are people being assaulted and worse and it doesn't get the time of day in a court room, yet this thing keeps going on and on.

4 minutes ago, Paul D said:

No trying to be funny but what has this to do with following the boys in blue?

Anything goes section , TA specific is for the boys in blue

Not being funny but you got a wee bit lost?

Anyway I can't see what another umpteen hours about this case can achieve.  Seems like a waste of resources

30 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

What is this case actually about?  Is there nothing to it?  In lost with it now.

It's a distraction but why is there even a case being taken through the courts?  Was it less than transparent? 

There are people being assaulted and worse and it doesn't get the time of day in a court room, yet this thing keeps going on and on.

An FOI was submitted to the SG to get access to Nicola Sturgeon’s written submission to the independent investigation into the breach of the ministerial code over the Alex Salmond affair.

The SG say that while they hold it, it is not their information, it is information that belongs to an independent third party who is not covered by FOI law.

The information commissioner disagrees.  

3 minutes ago, aaid said:

An FOI was submitted to the SG to get access to Nicola Sturgeon’s written submission to the independent investigation into the breach of the ministerial code over the Alex Salmond affair.

The SG say that while they hold it, it is not their information, it is information that belongs to an independent third party who is not covered by FOI law.

The information commissioner disagrees.  

Oh right, put like that it does seem odd not to just give up the information if the authority who governs this deems it covered.

It's not a policy legal advice case, like Scotland place in the EU, as far as I can see.

I can't believe they're still finding angles to go over this case.  At what point do you say it's been done to death

1 hour ago, PapofGlencoe said:

Oh right, put like that it does seem odd not to just give up the information if the authority who governs this deems it covered.

It's not a policy legal advice case, like Scotland place in the EU, as far as I can see.

I can't believe they're still finding angles to go over this case.  At what point do you say it's been done to death

Probably when the money runs out!

1 hour ago, PapofGlencoe said:

When support for independence is at 10%

11 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

When support for independence is at 10%

Could be.

Both salmond, sturgeon went through hours of hostile questioning live in TV.

The man and others were put through a gruelling trial that has sullied more than one career.

There's been pages and pages written.

Are we now to believe the independent assessor wasn't given all the facts?  Or the public are not yet aware of the important points in this case after all these hours?

It beggars belief.

56 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

Could be.

Both salmond, sturgeon went through hours of hostile questioning live in TV.

The man and others were put through a gruelling trial that has sullied more than one career.

There's been pages and pages written.

Are we now to believe the independent assessor wasn't given all the facts?  Or the public are not yet aware of the important points in this case after all these hours?

It beggars belief.

There is far more to this than meets the eye, 

2 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

It’s all connected by the look of it 

Yes, but Salmond didn't raise this case - which apparently has today been decided. The SG lost and have to comply with whatever they were asked to comply with.  See Wings for a brief resumé.

9 hours ago, aaid said:

Still think that Wings is an advocate for Scottish Independence?

IMG_0329.png

Yes

This is the young guy that took the Scottish Government to court

https://wingsoverscotland.com/the-heartbreaker/#more-127289

Everything was set, parliament had approved the request, and we were raring to go. The FM was going to lead us into a referendum to escape Brexit, and this time we would win and become an independent country in the EU.

But as we all know, that didn’t happen. The FM, instead of being the leader of the independence movement, became the deputy leader (alongside the likes of warmongers Alastair Campbell, Tony Blair and co) of the “Stop Brexit for the rest of the UK” movement, despite them democratically voting for it.

sturgeoncampbell1.jpg?resize=460%2C392&s

Is that even true? What "mandate"? Folk seem very confused by how the process for holding the referendum actually comes about. Parliament hadn't approved anything beyond asking for a section 30.

It's funny how that pic keeps coming up, I posted it years back and thplinth then took it as his profile pic. Now it appears all the time.

35 minutes ago, phart said:

Is that even true? What "mandate"? Folk seem very confused by how the process for holding the referendum actually comes about. Parliament hadn't approved anything beyond asking for a section 30.

It's funny how that pic keeps coming up, I posted it years back and thplinth then took it as his profile pic. Now it appears all the time.

Do you mean a mandate or a vote in parliament because I think they are different things?

One recommends the other. 

What constitutes a mandate is up for debate though, I grant you.

I would like to think a majority of votes, never mind seats, should clear that hurdle mind you.

23 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

Do you mean a mandate or a vote in parliament because I think they are different things?

One recommends the other. 

What constitutes a mandate is up for debate though, I grant you.

I would like to think a majority of votes, never mind seats, should clear that hurdle mind you.

The only mandate is the section 30, everything else is just pressure to get a section 30 granted.

Now we're probably all in agreement that is a shit state of affairs. It's the mechanism though.

Cameron granted a section 30 to Salmonds government for the 2014 referendum to happen.

1 minute ago, phart said:

The only mandate is the section 30, everything else is just pressure to get a section 30 granted.

Now we're probably all in agreement that is a shit state of affairs. It's the mechanism though.

Cameron granted a section 30 to Salmonds government for the 2014 referendum to happen.

Sorry I dont agree and dont get what you mean.  The mechanism and mandates are different things in my eyes.

A mandate is the authority given by the electing franchise.

The mechanism is how you go about taking a mandate forward.

You could have a mechanism but no mandate.  Or a mandate but no mechanism.

23 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Robinson and humza working wonders, nearly bankrupting the SG I am hearing 

He had the ideal opportunity to bring the party together after the leadership election by reinstating Kate Forbes as Finance Minister, but instead he appoints Shona fecking Robison. 🤦‍♂️

9 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Looking pretty grim on the face of it

In the grand scheme of things having Kate Forbes would have made no difference.

Feel the pulse of the people, the SNP are the unpopular kid at school now, like Labour were years ago.  I dont hear many standing up for them. No amount of moving the deck chairs between now and the next election is going to change that (unless something incredible happens).  Some people swing with momentum and the momentum turned against the SNP when Sturgeon resigned and got arrested. 

Edited by PapofGlencoe