Foreign football - Page 18 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Foreign football

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Everton have been deducted 10 points with immediate for breaking PL profit and sustainability rules. Drops them to 19th place.

Surely Chelsea, Man City & other premiership teams are next in line for the same sanctions.

2 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

Surely Chelsea, Man City & other premiership teams are next in line for the same sanctions.

I think Everton's was to do with the amount of loss they made as opposed to how much they spent (if that makes sense!).  Interest payments on loans for their new stadium have killed them.  City & Chelsea will have creative reporting to get round their excessive spending. 

Was interesting to see that in 1993 Rangers had revenue of £20M, Celtic £9M and Man City £4M.  Fast forward 30 years and those numbers are now Rangers £84M, Celtic £120M and City £713M!!  In that same period Rangers wages have went from £7.3M>£64M, Celtic's £3.8M>£68M and City's £4M>£423M!!  That £423M on wages is more than the combined turnover for all Scottish clubs combined.

4 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I think Everton's was to do with the amount of loss they made as opposed to how much they spent (if that makes sense!).  Interest payments on loans for their new stadium have killed them.  City & Chelsea will have creative reporting to get round their excessive spending. 

Was interesting to see that in 1993 Rangers had revenue of £20M, Celtic £9M and Man City £4M.  Fast forward 30 years and those numbers are now Rangers £84M, Celtic £120M and City £713M!!  In that same period Rangers wages have went from £7.3M>£64M, Celtic's £3.8M>£68M and City's £4M>£423M!!  That £423M on wages is more than the combined turnover for all Scottish clubs combined.

Moneys totally ruined football as a competitive sport, players are earning  10-20 times the average person’s salary every week which is ridiculous & obscene. Rant over (for now) 😵‍💫

These offences related to 2 seasons ago. Everton were charged on March 2023. If the 10 points had been deducted the last 2 seasons Everton would have been relegated instead of Burnley and Leicester respectively. 

Leicester are thinking about suing Everton for lost revenue. 

Edited by EddardStark

3 hours ago, EddardStark said:

These offences related to 2 seasons ago. Everton were charged on March 2023. If the 10 points had been deducted the last 2 seasons Everton would have been relegated instead of Burnley and Leicester respectively. 

Leicester are thinking about suing Everton for lost revenue. 

Relegation and promotion battles could increasingly be settled in the law courts rather than the pitch.

13 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Everton have been deducted 10 points with immediate for breaking PL profit and sustainability rules. Drops them to 19th place.

📸 Look at this post on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02Q5QZDmkvC4Yezp4DM93yDqkji5WzUu9E1Wty31Xe43VvAYQGawktYDBsh8GJ77FNl&id=100044187438640&post_id=100044187438640_pfbid02Q5QZDmkvC4Yezp4DM93yDqkji5WzUu9E1Wty31Xe43VvAYQGawktYDBsh8GJ77FNl&mibextid=CDWPTG

😂😂😂😂

14 minutes ago, dan cake said:

It generally is, most teams have some incredible players at their disposal 

Its generally no better than any league. Its just the most hyped up with the most overpaid players 

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

It’s generally no better than any league. Its just the most hyped up with the most overpaid players 

I watched Hibs v Aberdeen then Man City v Spurs today, generally I know which one was better 

Edited by dan cake

3 hours ago, dan cake said:

I watched Hibs v Aberdeen then Man City v Spurs today, generally I know which one was better 

😆 picking one shit game against an entertaining game......anyone can do that. The EPL is more than capable of producing shite games. 

I've been just as entertained watching highland league than I have watching the epl. 

7 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

😆 picking one shit game against an entertaining game......anyone can do that. The EPL is more than capable of producing shite games. 

I've been just as entertained watching highland league than I have watching the epl. 

Fair enough, my point was more the standard of play/players most teams are pretty much 11 internationals 

2 hours ago, dan cake said:

Fair enough, my point was more the standard of play/players most teams are pretty much 11 internationals 

If the definition of a league being the best is its pool of players then yes the EPL is up there in the top 3.  

Sky and talksport often spout how great it is when there is a high scoring game like yesterday but the EPL also has some boring games, just like every other league. 

You got me thinking about Hibs V Aberdeen yesterday. It was actually an entertaining match for a neutral. Loads of chances, a keeper rolling back the years and winning the match for his team and one very good counter attacking role. The problem in Scotland is that doesn't get promoted as it did not feature one of the old firm. 

42 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Equates to 31m a game. BT now known as TNT are getting 52 games. 

This is just U.K. broadcaster rights. MOTD retain their highlights rights. 

That's an outrageous amount to pay for football rights