Season 22/23 - Page 48 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

17 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Does anyone really give a fuck? Aberdeen have what used to be two massive games coming up, two home games in a row against victims and then one against the huns, I am struggling to find any enthusiasm for either match

You said the same before the WC then commented plenty during it.  I am sure there are plenty of other Dons supporters out there who do care about the next two games.  Ba humbug.  My team are playing on Saturday and looking forward to the game.  No chance of winning the league but hoping for a win and a good game of football.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, SamP said:

You said the same before the WC then commented plenty during it.  I am sure there are plenty of other Dons supporters out there who do care about the next two games.  Ba humbug.  My team are playing on Saturday and looking forward to the game.  No chance of winning the league but hoping for a win and a good game of football.

Like many I started out not caring too much about  this world cup but it caught my interest and off field drama aside I have enjoyed it. 

I am sure there are plenty of dons fans who do care but I am not sure why thats relevant to what I said, I don't speak for other dons fans, I speak for myself. This is the least I have looked forward to either side of the OF playing at pittodrie in my life. Aberdeen are 3rd and It doesn't bother me any more.

53 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Like many I started out not caring too much about  this world cup but it caught my interest and off field drama aside I have enjoyed it. 

I am sure there are plenty of dons fans who do care but I am not sure why thats relevant to what I said, I don't speak for other dons fans, I speak for myself. This is the least I have looked forward to either side of the OF playing at pittodrie in my life. Aberdeen are 3rd and It doesn't bother me any more.

Aye, totally get that.  I was the same and said the same on here about my disinterest in the WC but started to enjoy it as it went on.  Surprise teams and results helped mind you.  You don't get that often in the SPFL.  My view is that it's the game we love so may as well enjoy it even although it's not in great shape.  Not being condescending but you never know.  I hope Dons get decent results against the OF.

22 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Staunch Move by BEale to bring back the broon brogues 🤣

If you read the full article instead of quoting a single line you will find that he is getting rid of the culture of wearing casual clothes and tracksuits to games.  I totally agree with that for all professional teams.  Alex Ferguson and the great managers of the past insisted on it.  I only played Junior and we would have been turned away on matchday with no collar and club tie.  If Rangers had the tradition of including Brown shoes in that then good for them.  A bit of respect for your club and professional values says a lot imo.

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

No surprise to see Rolling hIlls the first to comment 🤣🤣🤣

Just like a balanced view of a full article and not folk cherry picking a small part.  That's all.  If that makes me Rolling Hills then he must have been a clever guy though!!  Happy to help anytime.  Yours in critical literature.  Sam.

27 minutes ago, SamP said:

Just like a balanced view of a full article and not folk cherry picking a small part.  That's all.  If that makes me Rolling Hills then he must have been a clever guy though!!  Happy to help anytime.  Yours in critical literature.  Sam.

I didn't just read the headline RH

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I didn't just read the headline RH

You only quoted a tiny part to suit your own agenda though.  Didn't you.    Now where is Big Big Ramy when I need him on this literary adventure.  The Oracle will keep you right.  Stand with me.

39 minutes ago, SamP said:

You only quoted a tiny part to suit your own agenda though.  Didn't you.    Now where is Big Big Ramy when I need him on this literary adventure.  The Oracle will keep you right.  Stand with me.

Shut up you daft hoor. That was so easy to draw you out, the minute I posted about rangers you were straight in there. It must be extremely taxing on your own mental health to keep up with your own lies.

Edited by vanderark14

On 12/13/2022 at 7:52 AM, vanderark14 said:

Used to be the 2 most eagerly anticipated games, now just games to get out of the way. Not even bothered that I'm double booked for Saturday and can't go. Amazed we've sold so many tickets for Hampden in January, guess most folk seeing it as a day out at Hampden. Just got to keep hoping for another 2014 perfect storm 1 year where we reach a Q-Final / S-Final with both of them out

9 hours ago, mr mojo risin said:

Used to be the 2 most eagerly anticipated games, now just games to get out of the way. Not even bothered that I'm double booked for Saturday and can't go. Amazed we've sold so many tickets for Hampden in January, guess most folk seeing it as a day out at Hampden. Just got to keep hoping for another 2014 perfect storm 1 year where we reach a Q-Final / S-Final with both of them out

Totally agree with you re these league games at Pittodrie. The cup I can almost understand but the chances of winning those have diminished since rangers and celtic started dominating again. 

10 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Shut up you daft hoor. That was so easy to draw you out, the minute I posted about rangers you were straight in there. It must be extremely taxing on your own mental health to keep up with your own lies.

Ocht min.  Whit is it with you and the Oracle going on about mental health nowadays.  Is this a new trend?  We didn't have mental health when we were young.  We were simply mental!!!  Have a good day.

3 hours ago, SamP said:

Ocht min.  Whit is it with you and the Oracle going on about mental health nowadays.  Is this a new trend?  We didn't have mental health when we were young.  We were simply mental!!!  Have a good day.

Doesn’t matter what name you post under the idiot in you shines through every post.

Does anyone else think it strange that the Scottish Premiership is back up and running tonight - before the scheduled end of the World Cup? Is there that much fixture congestion in Scottish football? To the best of my knowledge the other European top flights, with the exception of England, are taking their winter breaks after the World Cup and getting back to it in January.

I guess it presents a historic situation where one could've watched a World Cup semi-final on a Wednesday followed by Scottish Premiership fare 24 hours later.

1 hour ago, morrie21 said:

Does anyone else think it strange that the Scottish Premiership is back up and running tonight - before the scheduled end of the World Cup? Is there that much fixture congestion in Scottish football? To the best of my knowledge the other European top flights, with the exception of England, are taking their winter breaks after the World Cup and getting back to it in January.

I guess it presents a historic situation where one could've watched a World Cup semi-final on a Wednesday followed by Scottish Premiership fare 24 hours later.

Not sure of the reasons for it but I guess its because there has just been a four week break therefore they didn;t want two breaks in a season and its extremely unlikely a Scottish club will have too many participants on the latter stages of a world cup

3 hours ago, morrie21 said:

EPL returns in Boxing Day, given there’s a lot more chance of several players being involved in the latter stages than our league, I’d say ours is perfectly timed.