U21 squad vs Turkey - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

U21 squad vs Turkey

csinclair

2 hours ago, ProudScot said:

The Aberdeen full backs should be in that squad surely

They should, on merit, but as they're both still eligible for the U19s (Ramsay is anyway) they won't get picked for the U21s.  I don't know if that is the SFA's rule or just some made thing concocted by Gemmill, but that's what happens.

4 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Your right about Montgomery and for whatever reason I didn't notice Doig. 

Don't worry, I missed him too initially.  :lol:

Gemmill will probably play a midfielder at full-back though or something.

2 minutes ago, scotlad said:

They should, on merit, but as they're both still eligible for the U19s (Ramsay is anyway) they won't get picked for the U21s.  I don't know if that is the SFA's rule or just some made thing concocted by Gemmill, but that's what happens.

McKenzie is still eligible for the u21s. Seems a bit strange that Montgomery is ahead of him. Maybe McKenzie is getting a full call up with the injury to Robertson at LB.

Ramsey is still eligible for the u19s but when you have one RB in the squad, it is just stupid to leave a RB of Ramsey's quality out of the squad.

Just some more baffling decisions to add to the long list Gemmell makes.

7 minutes ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

McKenzie is still eligible for the u21s. Seems a bit strange that Montgomery is ahead of him. Maybe McKenzie is getting a full call up with the injury to Robertson at LB.

Ramsey is still eligible for the u19s but when you have one RB in the squad, it is just stupid to leave a RB of Ramsey's quality out of the squad.

Maybe they're both going to be called-up to the senior squad 🤔 Highly unlikely though!

The fact Gemmill is still in post is baffling enough in itself.

1 hour ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Real archaic thinking that only stints our youngsters' growth. I mean Jeez if they are good enough get them playing at highest levels as soon as possible and with experience they'll improve further.

2 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

I would be shocked if he got a callup. Having Taylor is excessive at the best of times. You'd think Doig and Hickey would be ahead in the queue anyway.

I think it's more likely that it is Gemmil's ineptitude as to why certain players are missing.

58 minutes ago, csinclair said:

Scott High is an interesting one. Never heard of him until today but he's started every game for Huddersfield so far this season bar one where he came on at half time.

With Bacuna away now he should hopefully be first choice this season. I know nothing about High but he's only 20 and starting weekly in the championship, that can only be a good thing.

2 minutes ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

With Bacuna away now he should hopefully be first choice this season. I know nothing about High but he's only 20 and starting weekly in the championship, that can only be a good thing.

"Young Huddersfield Town midfielder Scott High has been called into the Scottish U21 squad announced on Friday morning as a reward for his excellent form in pre-season and the start of the Terriers’ Championship campaign.

High was man-of-the-match in the Terriers ' season-opening EFL Cup game against Sheffield Wednesday and has been impressive in all three Championship games to date.

Manager Carlos Corberan recognised the 20 year old’s importance to his plans already admitting post-game that he should have started him against Fulham rather than bringing him on at half time."

Well sounds like he's started pretty well according to the local paper there.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/under-17s-squad-named-for-wales-friendlies/?rid=13925

The under 17 sqaud been picked to for a couple of games v Wales, first games for 2 years i think so a lot of new names to me.

Blessing Oluyemi Aberdeen
Jacob Pazikas Rangers
Greig Allen Rangers
Cameron Bell Everton
Jack Kingdon Manchester United
Chris McGinn Hamilton Academical
Craig Moore Dundee United
Finlay Murray Aberdeen
Ben Doak Celtic
Adam Emslie Aberdeen
Charlie McArthur Kilmarnock PS
Lennon Miller Motherwell
Lewis O’Donnell Dundee United
Dylan Reid St Mirren
Emilio Lawrence Everton
Dylan Lobban Aberdeen
Adam MacDonald Motherwell
Zak McKay Rangers
Ashton Muir Manchester City
Bailey Rice Motherwell PS
Bobby Wales Kilmarnock
Rory Wilson Rangers PS

Blessing Oluyemi and Jacob Pazikas are the stand out, what a blessing it be if he makes it🤣

12 minutes ago, bookerman said:

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/under-17s-squad-named-for-wales-friendlies/?rid=13925

The under 17 sqaud been picked to for a couple of games v Wales, first games for 2 years i think so a lot of new names to me.

Blessing Oluyemi Aberdeen
Jacob Pazikas Rangers
Greig Allen Rangers
Cameron Bell Everton
Jack Kingdon Manchester United
Chris McGinn Hamilton Academical
Craig Moore Dundee United
Finlay Murray Aberdeen
Ben Doak Celtic
Adam Emslie Aberdeen
Charlie McArthur Kilmarnock PS
Lennon Miller Motherwell
Lewis O’Donnell Dundee United
Dylan Reid St Mirren
Emilio Lawrence Everton
Dylan Lobban Aberdeen
Adam MacDonald Motherwell
Zak McKay Rangers
Ashton Muir Manchester City
Bailey Rice Motherwell PS
Bobby Wales Kilmarnock
Rory Wilson Rangers PS

Blessing Oluyemi and Jacob Pazikas are the stand out, what a blessing it be if he makes it🤣

Rory Wilson is one to watch. Only 15 but has scored multiple hatricks at u18 level this season. He is being watched by multiple big clubs down in England and is being tipped highly to make it.

5 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Real archaic thinking that only stints our youngsters' growth. I mean Jeez if they are good enough get them playing at highest levels as soon as possible and with experience they'll improve further.

I think theres times when it makes sence. For example if you have a promising right back aged 20 amd another aged 18 then it makes no sence to call them both up to the U21s where only 1 of them will play.

8 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

I think theres times when it makes sence. For example if you have a promising right back aged 20 amd another aged 18 then it makes no sence to call them both up to the U21s where only 1 of them will play.

He done almost the exact same thing in the last cycle though playing a CM over a natural RB at RB. 

5 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

He done almost the exact same thing in the last cycle though playing a CM over a natural RB at RB. 

Thats a different argument though. One that you would be right to make.