retro tops - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

retro tops

a_broxibear

Hi folks,

Just went to JD sports and noticed the Scotland tops are £50 for kids and £72 for adults! Even with discount, that's about £200 for a couple of t-shirt for me and the kids, and I refuse to pay these over inflated prices! where is the best place to get decent quality retro kits?

There is def cheaper options on eBay at the moment.

There also seems to be an influx of remakes of some the classic early 90s away tops/the 1990 "leisure" kits. Im not sure where these are coming from. The designs are spot on essentially but I'm dubious of the quality but they are quite cheap I suppose.  Was hoping someone could shed some light on these?

53 minutes ago, JECK said:

There is def cheaper options on eBay at the moment.

There also seems to be an influx of remakes of some the classic early 90s away tops/the 1990 "leisure" kits. Im not sure where these are coming from. The designs are spot on essentially but I'm dubious of the quality but they are quite cheap I suppose.  Was hoping someone could shed some light on these?

They’re all coming from DH gate. Uk sellers are buying them in bulk and selling them on eBay with big markup.

Ive bought our current tops from DH Gate in the past and there’s always been slight differences(not big but enough to annoy me)however I’ve just bought 92 away and 98 home from DH Gate and very happy, 30 quid for both, 2 weeks delivery. 

35 minutes ago, Rab The Crab said:

They’re all coming from DH gate. Uk sellers are buying them in bulk and selling them on eBay with big markup.

Ive bought our current tops from DH Gate in the past and there’s always been slight differences(not big but enough to annoy me)however I’ve just bought 92 away and 98 home from DH Gate and very happy, 30 quid for both, 2 weeks delivery. 

Nice, cheers for that. 

In case anyone has any reservations about DH Gate.

I bought the 2017/19 home top from them. Good quality, fair price. Shipping was a little slow, but it was worth the money. 

If you see listings with the badges/sponsors missing, they just do it for copyright, etc. The badges/sponsors will be on the shirt when you receive it.

Edited by Taylor1996

I've bought three Scotland tops from DH gate, I cannot tell the difference in quality but their size is far too small. I've decided not to buy any more. I'm 6ft 4 and 220 lbs, an XXL is too small but if your smaller than me you can maybe do just fine with them. 

27 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

I've bought three Scotland tops from DH gate, I cannot tell the difference in quality but their size is far too small. I've decided not to buy any more. I'm 6ft 4 and 220 lbs, an XXL is too small but if your smaller than me you can maybe do just fine with them. 

220 lbs? You’ve been in Texas for far too long mate. What’s that in stone? 😂😂😂

Just now, romanticscot said:

Hey I'm sensitive about it brother, too much cheese burgers. 16 stone. 

😂😂😂 I could’ve worked it out if I could’ve been bothered.

16 stane is alright for 6ft 4 isn’t it?

It’s not easy to keep your weight in check over there with the Texas portions. 

My BMI is high, honestly I don't mind the weight it's just that it's all belly fat for me. 

Back on topic, I bought an XL from DH Gate, it was too small for me but I have it to my pal who normally wears a medium and it was perfect for him. 

This is a DH Gate top, I've had it about a year, at the time this jersey wasn't available in the shops, it was held back for Copa America. It has the tags on, holograms and little motives - I can't tell the difference, this one is climalite and the fabric seems to be identical. The badges are quality, this one is embroidered. I don't know of they are imitation or something else. 

IMG-20210519-WA0008.jpeg

Edited by romanticscot

7 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

My BMI is high, honestly I don't mind the weight it's just that it's all belly fat for me. 

Back on topic, I bought an XL from DH Gate, it was too small for me but I have it to my pal who normally wears a medium and it was perfect for him. 

This is a DH Gate top, I've had it about a year, at the time this jersey wasn't available in the shops, it was held back for Copa America. It has the tags on, holograms and little motives - I can't tell the difference, this one is climalite and the fabric seems to be identical. The badges are quality, this one is embroidered. I don't know of they are imitation or something else. 

IMG-20210519-WA0008.jpeg

Just to be clear - I wasn’t saying you were overweight. I was saying only Americans give their weight in pounds so you’ve been over there for too long. 

Just now, Texas Pete said:

Just to be clear - I wasn’t saying you were overweight. I was saying only Americans give their weight in pounds so you’ve been over there for too long. 

I got you, I appreciate it. 

Home and Away DH Gate. 

PXL_20210521_150133838.jpg

This is another place I've bought from, the seller is super friendly. He added XXL so I could buy the one attached as XL was the largest he did. Again, quality is outstanding but the size is the same issue you would probably need to go two sizes above your normal. 

https://www.ebay.com/str/vintageretroreplicas

The badges are like felt to the touch and the material has the embossed diagonal stripe. Delivery time was about two weeks for me in the US. 

16216104808163558793990683403330.jpg

I'm mulling over buying the 96 and 98 (home shirts) from DHGate.

It states that delivery will be between 9-25 days. I've sent the seller a message, just for clarification. 

Oh. If anyone is planning to spend $25 (£17.67) use code: DHAFFMJ2 for $5 (£3.53) off.*

*You have to be a new customer, though. So just do as I did and set up a new account with them.

On 5/23/2021 at 3:52 AM, Taylor1996 said:

It states that delivery will be between 9-25 days. I've sent the seller a message, just for clarification. 

Oh. If anyone is planning to spend $25 (£17.67) use code: DHAFFMJ2 for $5 (£3.53) off.*

*You have to be a new customer, though. So just do as I did and set up a new account with them.

And new customers get a $2 voucher. And you can use that in conjunction with the $5 one.

That's about £4.95 off.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/23/2021 at 3:52 AM, Taylor1996 said:

The Euro 96 and France 98 ones arrived today. One with lettering and numbers.

Just washed them, so I haven't worn them.

The 98 top has a few bobbles. Buyers beware. I've messages the seller, I'll probably be given a partial refund.

Oh well. It just looks "vintage".

Not bad for £23.90.

Edited by Taylor1996

My last kit purchase was for 98 world cup ; sports shop near oxford circus for game at sports cafe in haymarket ; brazil game

never thought be waiting this long to wear it again…..

only other one ive got is a Toffs long sleeve “67 one - too warm for this

i did have a “replica” 78 top ; think it was “litesome” tho instead of umbro, and the diamonds were ellipses or something,,,,

78 most iconic kit in my view though