Eligible members access links for ticket sale - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Eligible members access links for ticket sale

Grantyboy1983

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, stocky said:

Has anyone done the sums for 12 pointers?

ie how many tix are on sale  v how many members there are that have been offered tix

Will there be any left? 

I did some fag packet maths when the email came out to say it was 13 and above for Wembley...there should be 174 tickets left if there’s 100% uptake from 13 points above, meaning there needs to be a further 396 that don’t uptake for all 12 pointers to get a ticket.

I asked SSC how this would be addressed and they’ve alluded that come next week UEFA will inform them how many tickets remain and send the relevant number of access codes for SSC to use, can only imagine it’ll go to a ballot.

Unless anyone knows different?

Regarding the seating together bit I think you had to do that at time of booking. I havent bought any so dont know, but this suggests you add the other order number at time of purchase,  unless this booking process has changed . 

190EABC0-FD74-4B81-8C7C-5269AB95C0FF.thumb.png.95b3c9117dc3369aecc5fbbce56bf5a1.png

3 minutes ago, Rab The Crab said:

I did some fag packet maths when the email came out to say it was 13 and above for Wembley...there should be 174 tickets left if there’s 100% uptake from 13 points above, meaning there needs to be a further 396 that don’t uptake for all 12 pointers to get a ticket.

I asked SSC how this would be addressed and they’ve alluded that come next week UEFA will inform them how many tickets remain and send the relevant number of access codes for SSC to use, can only imagine it’ll go to a ballot.

Seems sensible. The SFA should get on top of this and have people in the next few points level indicate if they would like to be in the ballot for tickets so that nobody who has no intention of going isn't entered into the ballot. This would probably save a lot of back and forth with UEFA if it drops a few levels.

2 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Regarding the seating together bit I think you had to do that at time of booking. I havent bought any so dont know, but this suggests you add the other order number at time of purchase,  unless this booking process has changed . 

190EABC0-FD74-4B81-8C7C-5269AB95C0FF.thumb.png.95b3c9117dc3369aecc5fbbce56bf5a1.png

That option wasn’t there. 

4 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

Seems sensible. The SFA should get on top of this and have people in the next few points level indicate if they would like to be in the ballot for tickets so that nobody who has no intention of going isn't entered into the ballot. This would probably save a lot of back and forth with UEFA if it drops a few levels.

That would be a sensible thing to do indeed if the SFA were to do it. 

I reckoned it would need less than 70% uptake for it to get down to 10 pointers having a chance for Wembley. 

Really difficult to guess how many folk won’t want to go given the strange circumstances. 

Just now, TDYER63 said:

😂 and after all the suspense about what number to enter . 

Yeah and after the SFA FAQs stated the option would be there. 

Lots of people that don’t want to sit on their own aren’t going to be amused. 

Just now, Texas Pete said:

I am not laughing at the situation people are in, just the fact there has been a bit of uncertainty about how you get everyone together and after all that the option isnt even there. 

You would think they would need to do something, though the bit about not being able to guarantee people being seated together might get them off the hook. Pretty shabby if so. 

5 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

That would be a sensible thing to do indeed if the SFA were to do it. 

I reckoned it would need less than 70% uptake for it to get down to 10 pointers having a chance for Wembley. 

Really difficult to guess how many folk won’t want to go given the strange circumstances. 

There will be a good few people who don’t want to go or aren’t able to go. I reckon 12 pointers will be sorted for Wembley and maybe a chunk of 11 pointers. 10 may be pushing it though.

There seems to be a few people that that have bought (or were at least planning to buy) a ticket for Wembley to sell it on or swap it for a ticket for a match at Hampden.

They are going to be disappointed if it’s not possible to pass them on which it shouldn’t be and I hope it isn’t. 

1 minute ago, Texas Pete said:

There will be a good few people who don’t want to go or aren’t able to go. I reckon 12 pointers will be sorted for Wembley and maybe a chunk of 11 pointers. 10 may be pushing it though.

There seems to be a few people that that have bought (or were at least planning to buy) a ticket for Wembley to sell it on or swap it for a ticket for a match at Hampden.

They are going to be disappointed if it’s not possible to pass them on which it shouldn’t be and I hope it isn’t. 

I dont know how that would be possible though admittedly I am not exactly an expert on the technology behind the process. 

16 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

Scotland v Czech Republic: 1,972 tickets (134 at £155, 450 at £107, 1,388 at £43).

England v Scotland: 2,655 (128 at £155, 494 at £107, 2,033 at £43).

Scotland v Croatia: 1,940 (133 at £155, 490 at £107, 1,317 at £43).

The breakdown in case anyone else is wondering.

Wish I spent an extra few minutes looking for this before I bought the tickets.

I went cheap for Wembley (behind the goal I presume, but hoping it will be the upper tier) and middle price category for Hampden (in the hope it will be South Upper, but I fear it will be one of the corners).

Seeing the total in Euros was sobering, but it looks a bit better in Pounds when averaged out (£86 each).

Just now, TDYER63 said:

I am not laughing at the situation people are in, just the fact there has been a bit of uncertainty about how you get everyone together and after all that the option isnt even there. 

You would think they would need to do something, though the bit about not being able to guarantee people being seated together might get them off the hook. Pretty shabby if so. 

I wasn’t suggesting you were. It is a bit of a dick move from UEFA was all I meant.

I don’t mind sitting on my own at games but I know a lot of people do. Will be a strange atmosphere if a lot of people aren’t talking to their mates but I guess it was always going to be a weird match to attend anyway. 

Unless there is a way to do it retrospectively of course but there doesn’t appear to be. 

2 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

I went cheap for Wembley (behind the goal I presume, but hoping it will be the upper tier) and middle price category for Hampden (in the hope it will be South Upper, but I fear it will be one of the corners).

Seeing the total in Euros was sobering, but it looks a bit better in Pounds when averaged out (£86 each).

Cat 2 tickets are the corners. Cat 3 are the ends and Cat 1 is North and South from memory. 

5 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I dont know how that would be possible though admittedly I am not exactly an expert on the technology behind the process. 

It should be possible to do unless they check ID at the turnstiles. 

Just now, Rich NATA said:

That's what I suspected.

South Upper might be CAT 1 or it might not be open at all.

I think it'll be open to allow for more distancing.

I can't see anything online about the exact split from UEFA, Cat 2 may encompass parts of the North & South Stands also. I do remember picking Cat 2 as I didn't want to end up front row in an end.

6 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

I wasn’t suggesting you were. It is a bit of a dick move from UEFA was all I meant.

I don’t mind sitting on my own at games but I know a lot of people do. Will be a strange atmosphere if a lot of people aren’t talking to their mates but I guess it was always going to be a weird match to attend anyway. 

Unless there is a way to do it retrospectively of course but there doesn’t appear to be. 

👍

Perhaps , because this is the last batch of tickets being sold , there is insufficient flexibility to offer seats together. But if so they should not have stated the option would be available. 

34 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Luckily I'm a loner and going to all 3 alone 🤣

8 minutes ago, Lion Rampant said:

I didn't want to end up front row in an end.

I've often wondered...

If you're at the front of the East or West stands can you even see the actual pitch?

There are near-waist-high advertising boards running behind the goal.

1 minute ago, Mazziessc said:

Luckily I'm a loner and going to all 3 alone 🤣

😂😂😂 We will all be loners at these games by the look of it.

I’m going with 3 other guys. I can see us talking to each other on our phones for a lot of the game. Or shouting at each other if we are a few rows apart. 

1 minute ago, Rich NATA said:

I've often wondered...

If you're at the front of the East or West stands can you even see the actual pitch?

There are near-waist-high advertising boards running behind the goal.

They don’t tend to use the front row from what I remember. Nobody sits down in those stands even if the front row is used. 

1 hour ago, theweestevie said:

Would make perfect sense particularly as they’ve now done their bit for the next week by sending out the links. Everything else till the closing date is down to UEFA.

I had initially thought they’d ballot 12 pointers to indicate the first 174 who would be eligible for a ticket but I’m not aware that 12 pointers have received a link so it appears they’ll just do a ballot next Tuesday to get the full amount. Going to be a long week for some...

1 hour ago, Rab The Crab said:

Always use to be a random ballet when away tickets were limited, easiest way.