Brendan Rodgers - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

40 minutes ago, bonzo said:

I do.......oh dear.

It's simple. No to many Catholic supposed Celtic supporters born in Northern Ireland would classify themselves as "British". Then again, it is BR we are talking about... who the fuck knows, I guess it depends on what club at the time he is managing the fuckin rat...

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Today’s FA Cup victory must surely be up there with the greatest achievement in his life time.

Winning trophies with a diddy team is one thing, but to win a national cup is on a another level.  

Congratulations BR 🏆

Did the thread go as you expected? 🤣

2 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Well, the most ridiculous post you have written. You are an educated man, but sometimes, as painful as it is, you are wrong. Once again though, you will argue it. Brendan Rodgers, told the Celtic support he was Celtic through and through. Took the ferry from.Ireland to see his beloved Celtic. Told us it was his dream job, told us he was here for the 10. Lying rat. In the middle if the season, with all to play for, he fuckin bolted for the big pay-off, he was already rich in his own business affairs. Leicester were in no danger of relegation, in the middle of the BPL. He could have finished the season with Celtic, won 9 in a row, and left with the respect of the fans, but NO. He left for the big money, and the glory of the BPL. Lying rat he is. So Scotty, dont even think about blaming Desmong or Lawell.. The arsehole called himself a "British" manager yesterday. So much for his beloved Ireland he led everyone to believe... 

I'm not wrong.

Rodgers was peeved that the transfer window funds never came through (for McGinn in particular) and he felt that things would be better if he had more say and control.

It went pear-shaped from there.

================================================================================

Board clash

In November 2017 Celtic chief Pater Lawwell said he wouldn’t swap Brendan Rodgers for any other manager in the world. It is a view likely held by Celtic fans at the time. The Northern Irishman could do little wrong.

Fast forward the summer 0f 2018 and a rift emerges in public.

“Divisions between the pair entered the public domain during a summer of discontent when Rodgers made his feelings plain, and often, that the transfer activity conducted then had left his squad weakened as targets – notably John McGinn – were missed,” Andrew Smith wrote in The Scotsman.

The Celtic boss admitted at the club’s AGM in November that he was “disappointed” with the recruitment. As well as missing out on McGinn, the club failed to strengthen the centre of defence.

It led to the situation where Dedryck Boyata pulled out of a crucial Champions League qualifier to try and push through a move to the Premier League and Rodgers was left to play Jack Hendry against AEK Athens. Hendry did not have a good game as the team dropped into the Europa League qualifiers.

Celtic were left scrambling around at the end of the transfer window.

========================================================================

Ramy... Shouldn't you know this?

2 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Well, the most ridiculous post you have written. You are an educated man, but sometimes, as painful as it is, you are wrong. Once again though, you will argue it. Brendan Rodgers, told the Celtic support he was Celtic through and through. Took the ferry from.Ireland to see his beloved Celtic. Told us it was his dream job, told us he was here for the 10. Lying rat. In the middle if the season, with all to play for, he fuckin bolted for the big pay-off, he was already rich in his own business affairs. Leicester were in no danger of relegation, in the middle of the BPL. He could have finished the season with Celtic, won 9 in a row, and left with the respect of the fans, but NO. He left for the big money, and the glory of the BPL. Lying rat he is. So Scotty, dont even think about blaming Desmong or Lawell.. The arsehole called himself a "British" manager yesterday. So much for his beloved Ireland he led everyone to believe... 

People from tiny football nations like Wales and Northern Ireland call themselves 'British' as they have no football culture of their own. They try to claim that as they want a peice of English football.  They try to claim we're all together when In reality England Scotland Wales Northern Ireland are all very different countries with their own cultures

21 minutes ago, roverboy said:

People from tiny football nations like Wales and Northern Ireland call themselves 'British' as they have no football culture of their own. They try to claim that as they want a peice of English football.  They try to claim we're all together when In reality England Scotland Wales Northern Ireland are all very different countries with their own cultures

Holy fuck......

7 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Well, the most ridiculous post you have written.

I'm bang on the money.

8 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

You are an educated man, but sometimes, as painful as it is, you are wrong. 

Here's what you do...

You jump in with both feet and post emotionally knee-jerk as fast as you can off the top of your head.

All of your understanding of why BR left Celtic comes from a Green Brigade banner.

Ramy... Take your time... Think...

2 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

I'm bang on the money.

Here's what you do...

You jump in with both feet and post emotionally knee-jerk as fast as you can off the top of your head.

All of your understanding of why BR left Celtic comes from a Green Brigade banner.

Ramy... Take your time... Think...

Dear god. You really are thick. The Tartan Army Mr know it all. "Hi , I'm Scotty, never argue with me because I am.always correct" .. Geez fuckin peace !!!

47 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Here's what you do...

42 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Dear god. You really are thick. The Tartan Army Mr know it all. "Hi , I'm Scotty, never argue with me because I am.always correct" .. Geez fuckin peace !!!

Telt ye.

3 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

It's honestly like you want to get banned.

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

It's honestly like you want to get banned.

Incorrect, I do not. Scotty thinks he is entitled to comment on everything i kr someone else posts, which he is. Problem, is when you argue back, he gets his back up. Claims he is always right. Always telling folk what to do, that is my point, it's annoying. 

I have an opinion on Brendan Rodgers, yir man Redz calls me a cock, and a liar, is that fair? 

See the pattern here? None of you like me or Celtic FC. I will defend Celtic, I admit my faults, faults of the Celtic support, yet I am still the bad guy.. That's all I'm saying...

When I do get permanently banned, it wint be because of a threat or bigotry, or abuse. It will be because I spoke my mind, it's my right. Everyone can learn from me, that is the truth... 🙂

Now all  of you take off the red tinted glasses, and treat  all folk fair and square..  We are ALL Scottish after all. Cheers for taking time to read my thoughts...🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🍺🍺

1 minute ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Incorrect, I do not. Scotty thinks he is entitled to comment on everything i kr someone else posts, which he is. Problem, is when you argue back, he gets his back up. Claims he is always right. Always telling folk what to do, that is my point, it's annoying. 

I have an opinion on Brendan Rodgers, yir man Redz calls me a cock, and a liar, is that fair? 

See the pattern here? None of you like me or Celtic FC. I will defend Celtic, I admit my faults, faults of the Celtic support, yet I am still the bad guy.. That's all I'm saying...

When I do get permanently banned, it wint be because of a threat or bigotry, or abuse. It will be because I spoke my mind, it's my right. Everyone can learn from me, that is the truth... 🙂

Now all  of you take off the red tinted glasses, and treat  all folk fair and square..  We are ALL Scottish after all. Cheers for taking time to read my thoughts...🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🍺🍺

I think you may the most fucked up person I've encountered on a football forum

Absolutely zero self awareness. 

You literally fired abuse at scotty on this thread🤣🤣

Will people please stop talking about Celtic and abusing each other on my thread please. 

This is a Brendan Rodgers appreciation thread, regarding his biggest achievement in his footballing career. 

Please stay on topic or I’ll be forced to use the report button. 

Thanks

DD

15 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

My arse. He is a Catholic, he no Northern Irish, he was just born there.. Smarten up..😉🍺

What has religion got to do with where somebody was born?

Thats like saying you arent Scottish in born in Glasgow but are Muslim.

34 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I think you may the most fucked up person I've encountered on a football forum

Absolutely zero self awareness. 

You literally fired abuse at scotty on this thread🤣🤣

Aye, ok then. Poor wee Scotty the victim once again. 

2 minutes ago, Flipping eck said:

I always wonder what it feels like to be a sane person who supports one of these teams, surrounded by absolute morons, does it never feel like it isn't worth the bother sometimes? 

Have a read of the last few pages of the Season 20/21 thread.  A lot of discussion there about the same thing.

9 minutes ago, Flipping eck said:

I always wonder what it feels like to be a sane person who supports one of these teams, surrounded by absolute morons, does it never feel like it isn't worth the bother sometimes? 

My response coming soon, driving to work. Get the popcorn ready !!!!