Brendan Rodgers - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Feel free to quote me.

I dont have to. You are a religious honest man no? Even fellow posters pulled you up for it.. You went right after Fairbairn and you know it.... Now you are focusing on me.. Admit you were wrong, it's ok, we all make mistakes. I would even say you owe Fairbairn an apology... I am by no means blowing smoke up Fairbairns arse, I like the guy, but what you said was wrong.. So back on topic. BR is a dick....🙂🍺

39 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I dont have to. You are a religious honest man no? Even fellow posters pulled you up for it.. You went right after Fairbairn and you know it.... Now you are focusing on me.. Admit you were wrong, it's ok, we all make mistakes. I would even say you owe Fairbairn an apology... I am by no means blowing smoke up Fairbairns arse, I like the guy, but what you said was wrong.. So back on topic. BR is a dick....🙂🍺

No need for an apology to me.  Scotty is ignored so it's water off a dug's back.....

1 minute ago, Fairbairn said:

Has anyone ever seen Reeky and Rolling in the same room at the same time?! :ph34r:

I have met Reeky in person. He is nothing like what you see on the TAMB. He was actually a good lad when I met him.. RH, no idea and no thank you....

4 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Will people please stop talking about Celtic and abusing each other on my thread please. 

This is a Brendan Rodgers appreciation thread, regarding his biggest achievement in his footballing career. 

Please stay on topic or I’ll be forced to use the report button. 

Thanks

DD

I hate to have to reiterate my point, but I see a lot of bullying going on from one poster from across the pond, can we all just calm down please?

Theres no need for this on my thread. 

Either stay on topic, or face eviction. 

54 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I hate to have to reiterate my point, but I see a lot of bullying going on from one poster from across the pond, can we all just calm down please?

Theres no need for this on my thread. 

Either stay on topic, or face eviction. 

Leave Scotty alone...

4 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

We never forced him out, he left for ££££££££. Fact.. Haw, but I am the Celtic supporter who has very reliable sources, but all you know more than me. Wrong. Take your dislike for Celtic and use your brains for once..

I use my brain a lot. It's kind of my job. I've also used it to apply logic to consider the Brendan Rodgers situation at Celtic. The man was doing a fantastic job and would have buried Sevco by winning TIAR. He was denied the tools required to meet his performance targets. Hamstrung. His pleas falling on deaf ears. In any other industry he would be taking Celtic to court for Constructive Dismissal. Luckily for Celtic, he appears to be a man of honour who is obviously not motivated by financial gain; could have taken them to the cleaners with a compensation claim. The horrible working conditions he was forced to endure could also be construed as Bullying and Harassment, which would have had a detrimental impact on his mental health. I'm just glad he has survived the ordeal and managed to piece his professional reputation back together with a decently managed club elsewhere.

Edited by killiefaetheferry

6 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

I use my brain a lot. It's kind of my job. I've also used it to apply logic to consider the Brendan Rodgers situation at Celtic. The man was doing a fantastic job and would have buried Sevco by winning TIAR. He was denied the tools required to meet his performance targets. Hamstrung. His pleas falling on deaf ears. In any other industry he would be taking Celtic to court for Constructive Dismissal. Luckily for Celtic, he appears to be a man of honour who is obviously not motivated by financial gain; could have taken them to the cleaners with a compensation claim. The horrible working conditions he was forced to endure could also be construed as Bullying and Harassment, which would have had a detrimental impact on his mental health. I'm just glad he has survived the ordeal and managed to piece his professional reputation back together with a decently managed club elsewhere.

Did I just read that drivel? You folk need a good look in the mirror...I give up....😳😳

21 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Agreed

15 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Ok then, I have a question. No being funny, your a smart fella as you have just told me. Why did Brendan Rodgers not fulfill the 9 in a row? Why did he leave halfway through the season? The self confessed "Celtic Man", who was in his "Dream Job", ? Leicester City were in no danger of relegation, and out of any trophy hunt. BR could have struck a deal with Leicester City, and left after the historic 9IAR. It's a win, win. Even if the board, as you say would not give him the funds, he owed it to the support,  who he fuckin lied through his teeth, to finish the 9. Read his book, if you think I am making this up.. Celtic man ma fuckin arse.... I appreciate your input KFTF, but I have to disagree.. All the best.. Good luck in the playoff, I mean that, ma best pal is a Killie man..👍🍺🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

18 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Ok then, I have a question. No being funny, your a smart fella as you have just told me. Why did Brendan Rodgers not fulfill the 9 in a row? Why did he leave halfway through the season? The self confessed "Celtic Man", who was in his "Dream Job", ? Leicester City were in no danger of relegation, and out of any trophy hunt. BR could have struck a deal with Leicester City, and left after the historic 9IAR. It's a win, win. Even if the board, as you say would not give him the funds, he owed it to the support,  who he fuckin lied through his teeth, to finish the 9. Read his book, if you think I am making this up.. Celtic man ma fuckin arse.... I appreciate your input KFTF, but I have to disagree.. All the best.. Good luck in the playoff, I mean that, ma best pal is a Killie man..👍🍺🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

I would suggest he knew he was leaving enough behind for the 9. Beyond that, it wasn't his responsibility. I fully understand the circumstances that forced him to leave the club that he loves. Takes a man of principal to do the honourable thing in that situation and stick up for his values. Promises were made to him and then broken. He knew the money was in the bank. It's just that Pedro saw the football club as a cash cow and Brendan wanted to become a Celtic great so the funds were withheld to protect Pedro's bonus. Brendan saw the writing on the wall and decided that he wasn't going to be party to the capitulation coming the following season. It's not Rodgers you should be losing your shit at, it's Lawwell. £16 million he screwed out of Celtic and still wanted more. Which is why he low balled the McGinn offer. The rest is (if you know your) history.

10 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

I would suggest he knew he was leaving enough behind for the 9. Beyond that, it wasn't his responsibility. I fully understand the circumstances that forced him to leave the club that he loves. Takes a man of principal to do the honourable thing in that situation and stick up for his values. Promises were made to him and then broken. He knew the money was in the bank. It's just that Pedro saw the football club as a cash cow and Brendan wanted to become a Celtic great so the funds were withheld to protect Pedro's bonus. Brendan saw the writing on the wall and decided that he wasn't going to be party to the capitulation coming the following season. It's not Rodgers you should be losing your shit at, it's Lawwell. £16 million he screwed out of Celtic and still wanted more. Which is why he low balled the McGinn offer. The rest is (if you know your) history.

Not to get right into it, but you are correct on McGinn. I never liked Lawell.. McGinn could have, wanted to come to Celtic, and well, er know what happened...

10 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

You were up for getting right into it when you told me to use my brains for once 🤷🏻‍♂️🤯😂

Dont get him excited, he’ll pass out if you make him use his brain cell too much.