4 Points, 2 Hardest Games Of The Campaign Complete - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

4 Points, 2 Hardest Games Of The Campaign Complete

shanghaiscot

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are where we would want to have been at the start of the campaign.

It is just Ireland and Poland are ahead of where they would have expected to be.

Don't forget, they have both played Gibraltar, so you can basically remove 3 points from their total because everyone will pump them. In other words Scotland, Germany, Poland and RoI are all on 4 points!

Have to say our record in games against home nations and yes I put roi in that category is pish!! But still think come the end of this year we will be there or thereabouts.

You're right! Thinking back to the 80s it's 1 win in 11 competitive games v England, Wales and both Irelands, and it was at Wembley too. 6 defeats!

Edited by Toepoke

Far far too much negativity around here just now. As it stands,

7 points - Ireland, Poland

4 points - Scotland, Germany

Next round is Poland away to Georgia (3 points Poland), Germany home to Gib (3 points Germany) and we have a very winnable home(ish) game to Ireland (3 points Scotland)

10 points - Poland

7 points - Ireland, Scotland, Germany

March games are Scotland home to Gib (3 points and 7 goals please), Germany away to Georgia (3 points Germany), Ireland home to Poland (3 points Ireland).

10 points - Scotland, Poland, Germany, Ireland.

This group is still all to play for!

Far far too much negativity around here just now. As it stands,

7 points - Ireland, Poland

4 points - Scotland, Germany

Next round is Poland away to Georgia (3 points Poland), Germany home to Gib (3 points Germany) and we have a very winnable home(ish) game to Ireland (3 points Scotland)

10 points - Poland

7 points - Ireland, Scotland, Germany

March games are Scotland home to Gib (3 points and 7 goals please), Germany away to Georgia (3 points Germany), Ireland home to Poland (3 points Ireland).

10 points - Scotland, Poland, Germany, Ireland.

This group is still all to play for!

Whilst I am at it,

Scotland will have played Poland and Germany away, Ireland at home.

Ireland will have played Scotland and Germany away, Poland at home.

Poland will have played Ireland away, Germany and Scotland at home.

Germany will have played Poland away, Scotland and Ireland at home.

Ifs and buts of course.

Edited by kps022000

That Germany side you played tonight was much changed from World Cup and our game against them. Was almost a B side. Good results for you guys so far but I think we are the better side. Biased? Maybes.

6 of the world cup winning side was present,so far from a B side,we were missing Coleman and McCarthy too.

It's far too early to be predicting results, but I think we sit in a decent position.

We have a long way to go of course, but they need 3pts against Ireland.

It's a bit rich to be writing off Ireland as sponny/lucky or whatnot, when in the last 4-5 years they've proven they are winners. Might not play pretty at times, and leave it late, but they've gone to many places where we could have in the past came unstuck and got results. There is absolutlely nothing in it between us and them and to be writing them off as 4pts isn't right.

It's been a decent start. We've been to Poland and Germany and got 1pt - I think most of us would have taken that. Tonight really was "a funny old game" as we're left feeling we are unlucky not to win, yet lucky to have the point in the end.

Although Poland and Ireland are sitting pretty. They both have played Gibraltar - we have not. I'm never one to to slag the minnows - Liechtenstein and the Faroes are tremendous hard working and decent teams who reguarly do well and pick up points, even wins, but Gibraltar, the day is too young for them and this will be a campaign of learning for them. They will not win a game this campaign, or even get a point. They may not even score a goal.

A long way to go. A lot of reasons to be optimistic. Having seeing Germany, they look the worst out of the top four :ph34r:, still plenty of time and games to see what happens.

3 pts would be vital. We could end up all cancelling each other out with draws.

Luck? Ireland fully deserved that goal. Nice little draw in Glasgow and we're on our way x

If you are talking about tonight then you were watching a different game, if you are talking about Georgia game then a wonder goal won what was a poor performance from you. I am "slightly" biased but I think we will beat you in both ties.

If you are talking about tonight then you were watching a different game, if you are talking about Georgia game then a wonder goal won what was a poor performance from you. I am "slightly" biased but I think we will beat you in both ties.

Unlike the Poland game,the Germans had few clear cut chances, we did not deserve to lose.

As for Scotland beating us twice, we will have to see about that...

Unlike the Poland game,the Germans had few clear cut chances, we did not deserve to lose.

As for Scotland beating us twice, we will have to see about that...

I don't think many of us think we'll beat you twice. I think Ireland are the luckiest international side going and things are going their way so far in this campaign. I'd take 3 points from Ireland and would be ecstatic with 4.

I don't think many of us think we'll beat you twice. I think Ireland are the luckiest international side going and things are going their way so far in this campaign. I'd take 3 points from Ireland and would be ecstatic with 4.

4 points from Ireland and 4 from Poland would probably be enough to take us 2nd.

Right now, I'm confident we can do that. But players form changes in the months between matches and a solid looking team can seem a lot weaker very quickly. Same goes for Ireland, though.

Scotland are on the rise. We'll hopefully have Snodgrass, Forrest and Mulgrew as additional options for the 2nd half of the campaign, plus more experience gained for the younger guys. By all accounts, we should get stronger as the campaign goes on.