Che Adams - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Che Adams

Taylor1996

Che Adams: Yay or Nay?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Should Che Adams be called up, presently?

• Yay - Sure, why not? He's scored 7 in 28 appearances...
    • Nay - He's rejected at least three approaches. He was English during the Euro 2020 Playoffs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/25/2021 at 12:00 AM

On 4/18/2021 at 6:37 PM, Taylor1996 said:

Technically, Southampton can still go down.

They'll start their full strength team from now till the end of the season. That doesn't include Adams. 

This hasn’t aged well. 

Adams is looking like he could be a real find for us i think could be pivotal - historically such a problem position as witnessed by only 7 players scoring 15 or more international goals 4 of those being pre 1985 

I think next 10 years he'll be our star striker - great movement, pace, hard working and can finish 

1 hour ago, borojock said:

Adams is looking like he could be a real find for us i think could be pivotal - historically such a problem position as witnessed by only 7 players scoring 15 or more international goals 4 of those being pre 1985 

I think next 10 years he'll be our star striker - great movement, pace, hard working and can finish 

He can finish? His previous two goals were from a combination of 4 yards.

7 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Don’t you remember his goal against Sheffield United? I don’t remember specifics apart from that one but he has scored some decent goals for Southampton and Birmingham before that.

32 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Don’t you remember his goal against Sheffield United? I don’t remember specifics apart from that one but he has scored some decent goals for Southampton and Birmingham before that.

Sure it wasn't against Manchester City? That was a cracker.

He's almost 25 and only scored double figures once. That doesn't scream "natural finisher".

He offers pace, but so did Kenny Miller and Mark Burchill... two players I would take over Adams. 

51 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Lewis Ferguson showed yesterday you still need to put them in 

Che Adams has scored 77 goals in his career why would i be so concerned that his last 2 were from a couple of yards out

Also do goals from a few yards out count for less - you still got to be in the position 

Just now, Taylor1996 said:

Sure it wasn't against Manchester City? That was a cracker.

He's almost 25 and only scored double figures once. That doesn't scream "natural finisher".

He offers pace, but so did Kenny Miller and Mark Burchill... two players I would take over Adams. 

No, I’m sure the goal I’m thinking of was against Sheffield United but I could be wrong. Whoever it was against it was an excellent finish. 

I don’t think the guy you quoted said he was a natural finisher. He said he could finish. Which he can. 

He’s already had one more decent finish for Scotland than McBurnie has.  

Can I stop saying finish now? 

17 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

No, I’m sure the goal I’m thinking of was against Sheffield United but I could be wrong. Whoever it was against it was an excellent finish. 

I don’t think the guy you quoted said he was a natural finisher. He said he could finish. Which he can. 

He’s already had one more decent finish for Scotland than McBurnie has.  

Can I stop saying finish now? 

I think it was Manchester City, I could be wrong though.

I honestly don't think he's a better finisher than McBurnie. Some people seem to forget that he scored 28 in two seasons prior to this season.

One more time. 😛

21 minutes ago, borojock said:

Lewis Ferguson showed yesterday you still need to put them in 

Che Adams has scored 77 goals in his career why would i be so concerned that his last 2 were from a couple of yards out

Also do goals from a few yards out count for less - you still got to be in the position 

That Ferguson miss made me lol. But yeah, you're right. I do have to say that Adams missed 4 one on ones with the keeper in 3 of the last 4 matches.

Time will tell.

17 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

I think it was Manchester City, I could be wrong though.

I honestly don't think he's a better finisher than McBurnie. Some people seem to forget that he scored 28 in two seasons prior to this season.

One more time. 😛

Maybe he has scored more than one decent goal this season?

Adams would obviously score more goals if he was in the championship playing for a decent team. Most players would. 

1 minute ago, Texas Pete said:

Maybe he has scored more than one decent goal this season?

Adams would obviously score more goals if he was in the championship playing for a decent team. Most players would. 

I think he's a scorer of great goals rather than a great goal scorer. The easier the chance, the more difficult it is for him. (Apart from his previous two)

McBurnie will score 20+ in the Championship next season and all of a sudden his detractors on here will forget everything they said about him.

2 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

I think he's a scorer of great goals rather than a great goal scorer. The easier the chance, the more difficult it is for him. (Apart from his previous two)

McBurnie will score 20+ in the Championship next season and all of a sudden his detractors on here will forget everything they said about him.

You will genuinely find fault in anything Adams does so you’re obviously not being objective about him. 

McBurnie may well score 20+ next season but it might be for Cell Block B in HMP Doncaster. 

42 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

You will genuinely find fault in anything Adams does so you’re obviously not being objective about him. 

McBurnie may well score 20+ next season but it might be for Cell Block B in HMP Doncaster. 

And you will genuinely find fault in anything I say so you're not being objective.

a scorer of great goals = a compliment. 

Just now, Taylor1996 said:

And you will genuinely find fault in anything I say so you're not being objective.

a scorer of great goals = a compliment. 

You do talk a lot of pish in my defence. As do I. 

You don’t like Adams and don’t want him in the squad even though he’s playing at a good standard and is playing well. Scotland is not in a position to turn our nose up at players like that. 

28 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

Oli Burke may get a fair few goals next season in the Championship also, providing the Blades dont sell him and can afford his wages to keep him - hat will do him a world of good.  

It’s also probably his level so he should play regularly and grow into a player a bit more 

I see the lunatic is trying his best to ruin this topic as well.

You really do struggle to read anything in TA related without being bombarded by post after post of inane drivel. Apart from ticket topics, it’s almost like he has never been to a game. 

16 minutes ago, kumnio said:

I see the lunatic is trying his best to ruin this topic as well.

You really do struggle to read anything in TA related without being bombarded by post after post of inane drivel. Apart from ticket topics, it’s almost like he has never been to a game. 

We're all talking about Che Adams (on topic).

You're the one trying to ruin the thread.

And technically, this is my thread.

Don't like it? Let the door hit you on the way out. :)

2 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

I'm not a Mcburnie fan but I genuinely hope that this is not the end of his career with Scotland. If he does bang in more than Dykes next season then you can be sure that there will be calls for him to be recalled. As to his personal life, that video was so unclear that none of us on here can judge it fairly. And - I'm sure that he offered to pay for the funeral of a fan a way back so he's not a totally evil person. He's only 24 and we do not have enough depth to discard even him.

I'm far more exercised about those who keep calling for Oli Burke to be included; if it's pace you want I'm sure Red Rum could be coaxed out of retirement.

2 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

I'm not a Mcburnie fan but I genuinely hope that this is not the end of his career with Scotland. If he does bang in more than Dykes next season then you can be sure that there will be calls for him to be recalled. As to his personal life, that video was so unclear that none of us on here can judge it fairly. And - I'm sure that he offered to pay for the funeral of a fan a way back so he's not a totally evil person. He's only 24 and we do not have enough depth to discard even him.

I'm far more exercised about those who keep calling for Oli Burke to be included; if it's pace you want I'm sure Red Rum could be coaxed out of retirement.

There's not a fan on here who doesn't want to see mcburnie succeed with scotland but the fact is he was playing shite, now injured and he's got some personal shit to deal with means he won't be going to the euros. 

We've got an EPL striker fit and scoring, something we don't get a lot of with scotland. Adams and Dykes deserve to go and they will. There's only two fans I've encountered who wouldn't take Adams to the euros, I know their reasons and they don't need to be repeated. 

2 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

If mcburnie bangs in 20 goals next season he will put himself in contention for a place on the post euros Scotland team. I doubt anyone would be unhappy about that. 

I've seen him called an arsehole and shite. He gets called shite because he's been shite for scotland and totally off form. If he's an arsehole I don't care, a player could be the biggest arsehole known to man, if he scores the winner against England I will go fucking mental 👍🏻

14 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

If McBurnie’s career has told us anything it’s that scoring a lot of goals in the English Championship does not mean you will score goals at international level.

I agree the video is inconclusive but there was obviously enough to the incident to warrant an arrest. That, along with a recent conviction for drink driving would suggest that the guy is on the wrong path and should be nowhere near the Scotland squad until he sorts himself out. 

As for Oli Burke, I haven’t seen anyone on here for a while that wants him in the squad. I think now that Adams is an option and Nisbet got his call up we can probably forget about Burke unless he adds more than speed to his game. 

12 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

If mcburnie bangs in 20 goals next season he will put himself in contention for a place on the post euros Scotland team. I doubt anyone would be unhappy about that. 

I've seen him called an arsehole and shite. He gets called shite because he's been shite for scotland and totally off form. If he's an arsehole I don't care, a player could be the biggest arsehole known to man, if he scores the winner against England I will go fucking mental 👍🏻

There is a big difference between being an arsehole and being a drink driving thug though isn’t there? 

Obviously depends on what happens with this latest incident but if he is convicted of assault or whatever I doubt we’ll see him back in a Scotland top.