Scotland V Georgia - Match Thread - Page 3 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland V Georgia - Match Thread

Scotty CTA

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agonising as usual when we cant close out a game. 3-0 would not have flattered us. Hutton was a stand out with Brown,Anya and Maloney putting in good shifts. Missed Fletchers composure. We seem to be geared up for away games these days so I am confident we will take something in Poland.

Agonising as usual when we cant close out a game. 3-0 would not have flattered us. Hutton was a stand out with Brown,Anya and Maloney putting in good shifts. Missed Fletchers composure. We seem to be geared up for away games these days so I am confident we will take something in Poland.

Hutton?

I thought he was dreadfully wasteful in the 1st half. Played ok but certainly not a stand out.

First half was decent.

Georgia didn't really create much and Scotland did play pretty decent at times. Still lack that problem of putting the ball in the net whilst better teams would have put 3 goals past Georgia.

Hutton is terrible. When was the last time he found his man with a cross?

Maloney had some silky moves, but his final ball was poor.

Robertson played very well for his proper debut. Looks an exciting and a level headed young man.

Overall, a decent return. We need to score goals though as that chance in the last 10 minutes could have bite them on the arse. Considering the domination Scotland had of the game.

First half was decent. Georgia didn't really create much and Scotland did play pretty decent at times. Still lack that problem of putting the ball in the net whilst better teams would have put 3 goals past Georgia. Hutton is terrible. When was the last time he found his man with a cross? Maloney had some silky moves, but his final ball was poor. Robertson played very well for his proper debut. Looks an exciting and a level headed young man. Overall, a decent return. We need to score goals though as that chance in the last 10 minutes could have bite them on the arse. Considering the domination Scotland had of the game.

thought Hutton rank the flanks really well and wanted the ball more than most.

His delivery is poor but hardly unusual for most of our team.

Edited by EddardStark

Totally uninspired by what have witnessed tonight.didn't even play that badly but maybe hoped for better.crowd was flat.attendance was poor.we couldn't hit a bulls arse with a banjo.coupled with polands win over germany we must get something on Tues.

Thought Robertson and Brown were stand-outs, Maloney our most creative player. Hutton was always available and gave his opposite number a really hard time but lacked a quality final ball. Naismith had an off night, things just didn't come off for him. They were absolutely rotten, offered next to nothing going forward (for which credit to the way Brown and others played) and poor at the back. We should have taken 2 or 3 off them, other teams in the group will.

Edited by Pool Q

Controlled the match from start to finish barring one glaring chance for them.

Should have won by more but I'm happy that we are at least creating chances. Had we won 1-0 with our only attempt I would be worried.

Hutton needs to work in his final ball no question but him and the other 3 defenders cruised it.

Thought it was s difficult day for the front two. 8 players camped 40 yards from goal is never easy to play against. That said the two of them worked their socks off and with better finishing both should have got a goal.

Overall We need to stop being so fickle. The team are still improving and the long humps up the park have all but disappeared. A very comfortable victory and it's very much job done and into Poland.

Huge game now with them winning yesterday. We can't worry about that though, it's all about what we do.

First half was decent.

Georgia didn't really create much and Scotland did play pretty decent at times. Still lack that problem of putting the ball in the net whilst better teams would have put 3 goals past Georgia.

Hutton is terrible. When was the last time he found his man with a cross?

Maloney had some silky moves, but his final ball was poor.

Robertson played very well for his proper debut. Looks an exciting and a level headed young man.

Overall, a decent return. We need to score goals though as that chance in the last 10 minutes could have bite them on the arse. Considering the domination Scotland had of the game.

Overall, that's pretty accurate.

Hutton - Wasn't terrible but not as productive as he should have been. He takes far too long to even try and get a cross in and allows the defence time to organise themselves. Their half time sub (No 15), who played on the left, hardly ever tracked back, leaving Hutton much more opportunity to get forward but he still didn't get to the line and cut the ball back. In fact, both Hutton and Robertson didn't get passed the last defender to get to the line to cut the ball back (which really is the more dangerous play than throw in crosses from midway into the half).

Maloney - Had some tremendous shimmies and left the opposition for dead but then gave the ball away with a poor pass. I would have had him off 20 minutes to go, as he was playing backwards by that time.

Fletcher - Bit of an over-rated performance. Had a couple of tremendous lay offs and back heels to play others into great positions but still flatters to deceive. He was played in a couple of time for what should have been great goal scoring opportunities but because they were on his right foot, he had to stop and wheel all the way back, to get the ball onto his left foot, by which time the opportunity was lost. Really is pretty poor that a professional player has so little confidence on his clearly 'bad' foot. Even a toe poke with his right would have been worth a try rather than losing the opportunities, which he did. I would have him off with 20 minutes to go as well, and put on Martin, who looked very good at holding the ball up when he played against Nigeria. Plus, his goal scoring record for Derby is pretty good and he looks like he bullies defences when he plays for Derby (and the Georgia defence was no better than the average Championship team defence).

But hey, Strachan's the manager and he must have reasons for his decisions. A win's a win, but it really should have, and could have, been a lot more comfortable.

Onwards and upwards (I hope) - away to back my bag for Warsaw - Believe !!!

Overall, that's pretty accurate.

Hutton - Wasn't terrible but not as productive as he should have been. He takes far too long to even try and get a cross in and allows the defence time to organise themselves. Their half time sub (No 15), who played on the left, hardly ever tracked back, leaving Hutton much more opportunity to get forward but he still didn't get to the line and cut the ball back. In fact, both Hutton and Robertson didn't get passed the last defender to get to the line to cut the ball back (which really is the more dangerous play than throw in crosses from midway into the half).

Maloney - Had some tremendous shimmies and left the opposition for dead but then gave the ball away with a poor pass. I would have had him off 20 minutes to go, as he was playing backwards by that time.

Fletcher - Bit of an over-rated performance. Had a couple of tremendous lay offs and back heels to play others into great positions but still flatters to deceive. He was played in a couple of time for what should have been great goal scoring opportunities but because they were on his right foot, he had to stop and wheel all the way back, to get the ball onto his left foot, by which time the opportunity was lost. Really is pretty poor that a professional player has so little confidence on his clearly 'bad' foot. Even a toe poke with his right would have been worth a try rather than losing the opportunities, which he did. I would have him off with 20 minutes to go as well, and put on Martin, who looked very good at holding the ball up when he played against Nigeria. Plus, his goal scoring record for Derby is pretty good and he looks like he bullies defences when he plays for Derby (and the Georgia defence was no better than the average Championship team defence).

But hey, Strachan's the manager and he must have reasons for his decisions. A win's a win, but it really should have, and could have, been a lot more comfortable.

Onwards and upwards (I hope) - away to back my bag for Warsaw - Believe !!!

Spot on with this mate.

Hutton certainly wasn't terrible but definitely needs to work in his decision making in the final 3rd.

Would also like us to utilise other options up front. What's the point in bringing May and Martin in if they don't get a chance. I'm not suggesting either should have started btw but it was a tough day for Fletcher. One of them would have been worth 20 minutes IMO

Fletcher was a wasted jersey.

Naismith was a tremendous out ball and link up. Played well apart from finishing.

Neither Hutton nor Maloney can cross. They were mince. Only hit the byline once and that produced a dangerous cross.

Robertson was excellent but Anyi was also too slow in thinking what to do. Game didn't suit him.

Brown was excellent and bossed the middle of the park

Hanley and Martin were rock solid too.

Overall it's a 7 out of 10 and we could play a lot better.