Warning: Caution On Ssc Membership - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Warning: Caution On Ssc Membership

Scott68

Sorry but you had time to organise the sale of flights, hotels and tickets but not to reply to the SSC which would take a matter of minutes.

You're moaning because you got caught.

I empathise with your personal circumstances, but the SSC have to keep it fair.

Bugger off back to the 'The Rangers' threads please.

Which, as you know, are all about when 'Rangers' (RIP) got caught.

Double standards as always from the defenders of the indefensible.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bugger off back to the 'The Rangers' threads please.

Which, as you know, are all about when 'Rangers' (RIP) got caught.

Double standards as always from the defenders of the indefensible.

Away and bile your heid.

If it was you or me who did this I'd be saying the same thing.

He's stated he did everything else bar the ticket return as he tried to harvest.

Nice to see though you'll take your hatred of Rangers to any thread.

Edited by Debian

Away and bile your heid.

He's stated he did everything else bar the ticket as he tried to harvest.

He's had way more important things on his mind than Scotland tickets, rest assured.

And that's to be respected by all on here, whether you agree with the decisions he took or not.

As for the SSC representative, that person needs a crash course in empathy and humility.

Sorry but you had time to organise the sale of flights, hotels and tickets but not to reply to the SSC which would take a matter of minutes.

You're moaning because you got caught.

I empathise with your personal circumstances, but the SSC have to keep it fair.

Hi Debian, I am not moaning because I got caught, the purpose of the post is draw the attention to other supporters who may need to sell / pass on match tickets due to change in circumstances. I have deliberately held off posting on TAMB to allow SFA to reply to my letter but suffice to say after 3 weeks they have failed to do so. It did take a matter of minutes to advertise flights, hotels and tickets but I certainly did not have time to drive to Hampden with my tickets.

I appreciate all comments made tonight regarding my post.

He's had way more important things on his mind than Scotland tickets, rest assured.

And that's to be respected by all on here, whether you agree with the decisions he took or not.

As for the SSC representative, that person needs a crash course in empathy and humility.

I do respect that and agree the SSC could have handled it better. However, he had time to do the rest. That is all.

Away and bile your heid.

He's stated he did everything else bar the ticket return as he tried to harvest.

Nice to see though you'll take your hatred of Rangers to any thread.

I tried to harvest....aye that's right lost £340 and didn't get a point. Seriously their is more important things in life than away points mate.

:ok:

SFA are not interested in Scotland fans and here is another example. Rules are rules, sure and whether a point should or should not be given is just a matter of opinion.

It is however another example of an organisation who's only concern is squeezing as much cash out of supporters as it can, it has no direct compassion for or genuine engagement with football fans. Don't expect a human side or compassion to be an influence in such matters the SFA care about money and nothing else. Common sense is only applicable when there's greater financial gain to be found.

Football in Scotland it seems cannot operate at the highest levels without the incessant need to commercially exploit customers. The SFA will no doubt think the whole ticket pricing uproar has now subsided and past but it hasn't. They started it.

Playing devils advocate, and no offence intended, but he managed to find time to flog the match tickets, as well as his hotel booking on here.

Unfortunately Scott, you made the wrong decision. You havent been kicked out of the club, just given a warning as to your future conduct. I doubt you would be flogging tickets in the future anyway, so you will be fine. Take it on the chin.

On the other hand, I totally agree that the customer service of the SSC has gone totally down hill over the last few years, along with the standards of service, and inversely proportional to the rise in prices!

I don't care whether the SSC/SFA can trace me on here because me and all my family members won't be renewing our memberships. They can stick it!!

Reasons: poor customer service

unjustifiable price increases

the sneaky way they did it. getting everyone to renew ssc, then increasing prices 30%+ and refusing to cancel + refund memberships

generally treating fans like cash cows

If someone uses the same username (as I do) on various forums and social media sites, with a bit of digging it's not that difficult to work out.

I was still shocked to receive a call at my office from them the day after I posted some criticism on the TAMB. No idea how they got my work telephone number - I laughed it off as in my job I have more important things to worry about, and a real job to be getting on with. Clearly they don't.

Are you sure it wasn't a mate just taking the piss? That's the sort of thing I do all the time. :lol:

Edited by Orraloon

SFA are not interested in Scotland fans and here is another example. Rules are rules, sure and whether a point should or should not be given is just a matter of opinion.

It is however another example of an organisation who's only concern is squeezing as much cash out of supporters as it can, it has no direct compassion for or genuine engagement with football fans. Don't expect a human side or compassion to be an influence in such matters the SFA care about money and nothing else. Common sense is only applicable when there's greater financial gain to be found.

Football in Scotland it seems cannot operate at the highest levels without the incessant need to commercially exploit customers. The SFA will no doubt think the whole ticket pricing uproar has now subsided and past but it hasn't. They started it.

They'll probably 'freeze' prices next time, pretending they're doing us a favour. Worse still, their arguments and response has been pathetic and lacking any logic. As a result, I won't be attending some of the games and will seriously consider not renewing next time.

And I agree the service has very much gone downhill, but the 'club' is simply now a reliable source of revenue.

On the original topic, probably shouldn't get a point, but a warning etc. strikes me as very unreasonable in the circumstances. The risk is that in their idiocy, dissent on this specific example will be taken as a message that we don't want genuine points cheats dealt with. It's pretty easy to see why folk sell them on when there's little chance of recouping the money.

Edited by the_fadiator

Playing devils advocate, and no offence intended, but he managed to find time to flog the match tickets, as well as his hotel booking on here.

Unfortunately Scott, you made the wrong decision. You havent been kicked out of the club, just given a warning as to your future conduct. I doubt you would be flogging tickets in the future anyway, so you will be fine. Take it on the chin.

On the other hand, I totally agree that the customer service of the SSC has gone totally down hill over the last few years, along with the standards of service, and inversely proportional to the rise in prices!

I remember when the travel club was there as a benefit to it's members. Now the SSC is for the benefit of the SFA.

you have said better than me what I was thinking about. He was distraught about his family circumstances but still managed to find the time to sell his ticket and hotel - sorry but he got caught and got dealt with, end of story

Personally I dinnae give a flying **** whether the ssc have a problem or not with what I am posting, however I do have a question for the ssc police on this board and ssc directly, The ssc is a club like most clubs they would have a secretary a treasurer etc can the treasurer please let your members know what happens to cash collected at pick up points at away games ie for tickets that are spare and have not been sold on ssc website and tickets that belonged to the no shows.. are there any records kept to show your members where the cash goes to. Also why in the past have tickets been sold for cash by the ssc's representatives at away games to non ssc members????? , perhaps if there are no shows the tickets should still belong to the members therefore should be posted a couple of days after the games with invalid across the ticket as member did not pick up and not awarded a point. its not going to cost ssc anything to return ticket to members as members have already paid the postage. food for thought members!!!!

also if you want my name you dinnae need ur clouseaus just ask me

Edited by washboarder

I don't care whether the SSC/SFA can trace me on here because me and all my family members won't be renewing our memberships. They can stick it!!

Reasons: poor customer service

unjustifiable price increases

the sneaky way they did it. getting everyone to renew ssc, then increasing prices 30%+ and refusing to cancel + refund memberships

generally treating fans like cash cows

To be honest, almost every dealing I have had with the SSC (formerly STC) has been fine and handled well and quite efficiently. The original poster of this thread has been dealt with very poorly though. I preferred the STC days (bring back Marjorie!). Our lot have had a few pick ups over the years, never a major hassle (except Moldova or Georgia away as had serious trouble to find the sodding pick up place! and Dublin for one game as stood in an unnecessary queue for well over an hour). I do however have a serious beef with the SFA strategy to milk the fans dry of cash. The SFA is going to kill the goose that lays those golden eggs for it. They have already done for the Georgia game... many empty spaces at Ibrox. Congrats SFA - why? It would be hilarious if they were unable to sell out the Celtic Park game against England. That would be a shot in the eye for the commercial manager idiot who seems to think we are there for the taking! End Westminster rule. End SFA greed!

Hi Debian, I am not moaning because I got caught, the purpose of the post is draw the attention to other supporters who may need to sell / pass on match tickets due to change in circumstances. I have deliberately held off posting on TAMB to allow SFA to reply to my letter but suffice to say after 3 weeks they have failed to do so. It did take a matter of minutes to advertise flights, hotels and tickets but I certainly did not have time to drive to Hampden with my tickets.

I appreciate all comments made tonight regarding my post.

The rules state you can't pass or sell on match tickets regardless. I know plenty do.

Fair enough it takes a matter of minutes to post a thread for the stuff. But there's your time checking it, answering questions and making arrangements to change flight details etc.

I'm honestly not having a go at you, but you could've used 30 minutes to go to a post office or something. I don't know.

Compassion should've been showed by the SSC, and the previous regime would have probably done so.

The main thing is I hope you and your family are on the up and I hope you aren't put off attending future matches.