Starting 11 For Georgia. - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Starting 11 For Georgia.

JagDude

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I think Naismith is more effective in the middle; that midfield and forward line sounds good as well

I would stick Naismith back to compensate for the loss of Snodgrass at the moment, and really its a straight choice between Fletcher and May for striker, which I think Fletcher wins at the moment.

Swap Darren Fletcher for Morrison I reckon.

If both were fit then it's Fletcher no doubt. I don't know where he is though in terms of fitness, he played the first few games for Man U but hasn't been in the team since the new signings turned up. He might be fitter than we reckon and if he is training well then there is no doubt that he'll be starting.

Pretty certain this will be the side:-

Marshall

Hutton Hanley Martin Robertson

Brown Fletcher

Morrison Anya

Naismith

Fletcher

I suspect that will be his team, but Naismith out wide and Morrison in the middle..... Strachan plays more of a 4-2-1-2-1 (but calls it 4-3-3... when reality is its a 4-5-1, but Naismith and Anya will push forward more as false strikers)

Edited by wanderer

For me, it will be:
---------------- Marshall
Hutton - Hanley - Martin - Robertson
-------- Brown - D. Fletcher
Dorrans ------------------------------ Anya
--------- Naismith
------------------- S. Fletcher

Similar to me. Right midfield was the only position I was struggling with, we have so many options there. Even Maloney could be in with a shout.

Why do we all think he will do without Bannan? Don't get me wrong he hasn't played enough first team football for me but that didn't stop WGS playing Hutton for over a year!

Not Bannans biggest fan but the way he is used for cross field balls to get Anya in behind defenders has worked well enough a few times.

Why do we all think he will do without Bannan? Don't get me wrong he hasn't played enough first team football for me but that didn't stop WGS playing Hutton for over a year!

Strachan seems to have his favorite players who he will call up regardless of form or their club circumstances..... this is guys like Anya, Hutton, Gilks, Morrison etc.... and Bannan falls into this category (and seems to be enough to convince Strachan to start him!)

It just occurred to me that Anya might drop out with Robertson in the team. This would mean a midfield of Fletcher, Brown, Bannan, Morrison and Naismith with S. Fletcher up front. Not saying I approve, just saying.

Dont think so, honestly believe Anya is one of the first names on the team sheet now.