Poland V Germany, Roi V Germany. - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Poland V Germany, Roi V Germany.

EddardStark

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great result for Poland, makes our performance against the Germans look ordinary now.

Och away wi ye - we could easily have got a result in Dortmund as well

Also we were playing Germany in their own back yard. Poland had the advantage of being at home

Secondly the German left back tonight made his competative debut and it appears was a bit out of his depth

That being said Germany had 67% possession - 29 shots (9 on target) compared to Poland's 5 (3 on target)

Bang on Ally. Was saying similar on Twitter earlier. We could easily have taken home a point from Dortmund. Watched that from a German majority Italian holiday camp and the Germans knew they'd got away with it that night. Very confident we can at least avoid defeat against them at home. And v Poland away on Tuesday? Who knows! Come on Scotland!

Complete overreaction Ally. I never mentioned anything about performance or stats, just pointed out a comparison in results and highlighted that it's gonna be difficult on Tuesday. Take a chill pill.

Gonna be hard but it is achievable to get a result in Warsaw. Great result tonight for Poland but.

Every match against Germany/ROI/Poland and Georgia will be tough but we have the ability, unity and confidence to get the points required to qualify :ok:

Fanatyk - great result for you. That's on a par with Scotland beating England.

Down to earth with a bump on Tuesday though. One thing is for sure - Warsaw will be one huge party this evening. Can you leave us some beer for when we arrive tomorrow?

Yes, but imagine having never beaten England, ever.

I'd say this is bigger to the Poles.

J

Georgia will take points of teams, especially at home. Horrible team to try and break down.

Cant really compare last nights game to Tuesday. Poland for a start wont sit in as much against us as they did to the Germans. Will be a tottally different game. Was a few times that Poland left themselves exposed at the back and we very lucky. Have said to a few folk this weekend but do think we have a team thats much more capable away from home now than we have ever had. Confident of a draw at least.

Tuesday will go a long way to decide how the group pans out. If Germany slip up again they're right back in the mix.

I suppose 3 places from 4 teams is a better percentage than any 2 from 3? :unsure:

Germany are back in the mix already

Tuesday is massive on all fronts

Imo Georgia will struggle to win any game playing like yesterday.Tuesday is massive.

I dont know about that mate

Georgia are an OK side especially at home......They have the capabilities to take pts off the bigger teams in the group , especially at home....and i think they will.

Hope to watch the Scotland/Georgia game later today

Equally I still think one(maybe both) of scotland/Ireland will get a point(points) in Poland despite their defeat of germany last night.......Im not taking anything away from Poland on their Great result.....but I saw plenty of errors from poland that Ireland and scotland could exploit

On a side note - Robbie Keane became the all-time record goal scorer yesterday in European Championship qualifying with 21 goals.

Yesterday he also broke the record for fastest hat-trick in euro champ qualifying for his hatrick in 15 mins.....previous holder was Marco Van Basten who held the record for a hat-trick against malta in 1990

Edited by Green_Tide_Rising

exactly if we cant take points in both games v poland, we dont deserve to qualify. Even though they appeared to jam a result last night (according to stats mentioned) we cant fear going to attack them.

I saw the game Jeck.......as i said above.....i saw nothing from them that would make me think scotland or Ireland couldnt get a result over there

How Germany lost the game , I dont know......attempts on goal: Poland 4 , Germany 24....with germany having 62 possesion

Thats not taking from polands result.....christ IF we somehow manage to Beat Germany in Dublin next year, even if its the greatest fluke result of all time ......i will celebrate for years after it :guitar:

A draw against Poland would be a good result.They are certainly better than their ranking.And definitely streets ahead of Georgia.

Absolutely it would .....i think coming away from any away game against the competition with a point(s) is HUGE

If we come away from glasgow with a point in november.....i will view it just as good as coming away from warsaw with a point

Home games for each team have to be won.....picking up pts against the competition on each teams travels is the extra bonus

got a bad feeling about the poland game but i just hope we go over there, really show some baws and show we are the superior side. like when england played the swiss last month - they eventually overpowered them. we've gone to macedonia and croatia recently, both tough matches and done them. lets do it again.