Steven Fletcher! - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Steven Fletcher!

BlueBonnetsowertheBorder

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strikers confidence is goals and wee naisy has tailed off. Cue hat trick at old Trafford tommorrow!

Maybe not a hat trick, but certainly worth a goal, my point about Fletcher was that he for the first time in ages showed that instinct for scoring goals which he has sadly missed through no fault of his own for to long now, so maybe today was about a player who has found his touch at just the right time! No question for me, he has to start next Saturday, because any half chance that comes his way he is likely to convert!

Why not both? Especially against Georgia. Naismith, in my opinion, is most effective behind a front man. The centre of our 3 attacking mids is perfect.

I am confident that we will start with both Naismith and Fletcher V Georgia. Gordon realises the need for goals so can see him naming a more attacking side.

Got to give Fletcher and Naismith a shot together against Georgia and Poland. The goals will come for Fletcher eventually.

The whole Levein fall out aside, Fletcher's unfortunate in that he's been brought off the bench for quite a number of his caps when we were chasing games. The recent game against Germany is the only one where he's been effective as a substitute. Fletcher's the kind of player that needs to start a game and get a good run at it, no use giving him twenty minutes to nick a goal when we're 2-1 down.

I'd start him. Naismith is at his best in the supporting role. Playing Naismith behind Fletcher would be our best bet. Add in Brown, Anya, D.Fletcher and Morrison and that's looking like a good team.

If there's no call-offs this could be one of the strongest squads we've had in years.

Naismith, Fletcher, Brown, Morrison, Dorrans, McArthur, Robertson, Hutton all playing at the top level, fit, and on form.

D Fletcher, Anya, Bannan, Marshall all proven international players.

steven fletcher is mince is he? at what exactly? leadind the line?holding the ball up, bringing others into the game, his first touch?scoring goals for diddy epl teams consistently when fully fit? mince? what is he mince at?what??

steven fletcher is mince is he? at what exactly? leadind the line?holding the ball up, bringing others into the game, his first touch?scoring goals for diddy epl teams consistently when fully fit? mince? what is he mince at?what??

This.

Look at his work rate and ball retention against Germany. Great ball to set up goal.

Playing for Scotland.

So far, anyway. He is now 27 and so far has done next to nothing for Scotland. He needs to start proving himself soon, otherwise he will just be remembered as another promising prospect who never produced the goods at international level. I hope he does it, as we have been crying out for a decent striker for a long time now. This campaign could be his last chance to prove us doubters wrong.

For me, Fletcher's positioning and movement is excellent and biggest attribute, meaning he has the football brain to interchange with Naismith in our current system. He can also provide assists as shown in Germany and this weekend. No brainer playing him with Naismith behind in the Georgia game & every other one!

Playing for Scotland.

So far, anyway. He is now 27 and so far has done next to nothing for Scotland. He needs to start proving himself soon, otherwise he will just be remembered as another promising prospect who never produced the goods at international level. I hope he does it, as we have been crying out for a decent striker for a long time now. This campaign could be his last chance to prove us doubters wrong.

He could do with scoring more goals, yes, but he has had plenty of good performances. Against Wales last year springs to mind. A game we should have won. Had a perfectly good goal chopped off that day.

Let's not forget that he was frozen out when he was at his peak in the premier league. And a heck of a lot of his caps have come from the bench. Not to mention unfortunate timing with injuries.

Give him 10 international starts in a row and then we'll talk.

EDIT: He has in fact only had 15 caps. Probably half of which will have been from the bench. And a lot of them when he was still very young.

Edited by Tartan blood