Scotland Squad - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Squad

wanderer

I have no problem with second generation Scots playing for Scotland. Don hutchinson added to the squad as will potentially Chris martin. They have to be better than what is available. In GORD we trust, its his call not ours. Have faith we should use beat germany and at least deserved a draw.

:ok:

Sums it up for me too. If one or both of your parent's are Scots then that's absolutely fine.

A refreshing thing about Strachan is that he isn't chasing average players at mid table Championship clubs to declare for us thanks to their auld Paisley granny !

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just seen highlights of Gordon's saves on BT sport. Reminded me of his display against the French at Hampden. Really excited to see Craig Gordon back to his old form. Could he play against georgia? On this performance, yes he could.

Would be a bit harsh on Marshall though, he hasn't done anything to lose his place in my opinion.

Either way, it's great that we're even discussing the possibility, when you think where Gordon was with career threatening injuries in recent years.

The mere fact he got back playing at all, let alone regularly in the top flight is fantastic.

It wouldn't surprise me if he's back at No.1 (on merit) in the next 12 months which would be amazing considering good McGregor and Marshall have been in recent seasons.

If all 3 keepers are fully fit and on form, Gordon is the best of them. At the moment I think that the relatively short time Gordon has been back combined with Marshall's consistency means the latter is first choice. McGregor is probably now third in the pecking order which is very harsh on someone who has been excellent for us over the past year or so. It is a good problem to have, but also needs to be carefully managed.

I wonder who will be drafted in as 3rd choice?

My first thought was Gilks, as Strachan will know him from his time in the squad, but he has not played a single league game for Burnley yet (might have played in the League Cup).... maybe call up Jordan Archer just to let him get experience?