Scottish player transfers - Page 146 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

32 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

His actions are likely motivated for a larger transfer fee. 

What, gerrards actions? He can say whatever he wants but no club is buying a 19 year old who has barely played for rangers for crazy money. If gerrard wants a decent fee for Patterson then he will have to actually play the lad. If gerrard plays Patterson between now and the end of the season then he could maybe fetch 10m plus depending on good performances. 

4 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

No they are not; you cannot play two players in the same position. Tavernier is not only more experienced but is the club captain. Look at the Chelseas and Man Cities - they cannot play all their galacticos at once. Patterson will likely play in League cup ties and Scottish cups and the odd league game; he is not going to risk him in do or die Euro games. And the Everton bid is a joke. I read that Liverpool are interested; oh really, well what happens to TAA?

Yes they are, if Patterson is worth a fortune like say 10m or more then he would be getting gametime, he's played 1 game so far this season against a dunfermline, championship team. If Patterson is the superstar gerrard thinks he is then he would be playing him in games, even if its just minutes off the bench. 

4 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Yes they are, if Patterson is worth a fortune like say 10m or more then he would be getting gametime, he's played 1 game so far this season against a dunfermline, championship team. If Patterson is the superstar gerrard thinks he is then he would be playing him in games, even if its just minutes off the bench. 

I fully agree. I said last season he is not getting first team football whilst Tavernier is there. It isn't rocket science.

3 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I fully agree. I said last season he is not getting first team football whilst Tavernier is there. It isn't rocket science.

Theres games against spl dross where they could either rest Tavernier or play him right wing and they would still win easily. Rangers probably play nearly 70 games a season. If Patterson can't get a game for a team who play that many games, many of which are against rubbish sides then he should move elsewhere. If gerrard really thinks Patterson is worth more than 5m then he will play him lots between now and Xmas. 

3 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Theres games against spl dross where they could either rest Tavernier or play him right wing and they would still win easily. Rangers probably play nearly 70 games a season. If Patterson can't get a game for a team who play that many games, many of which are against rubbish sides then he should move elsewhere. If gerrard really thinks Patterson is worth more than 5m then he will play him lots between now and Xmas. 

Bang on. 

Patterson should be furious that he’s rated at 10M and can’t get a game in the SPL. 

Should be saying pay me more and play me if that’s my value. 

8 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Bang on. 

Patterson should be furious that he’s rated at 10M and can’t get a game in the SPL. 

Should be saying pay me more and play me if that’s my value. 

Yeh defo, he signed his contract 2 years ago so hes probably on peanuts. Should be demanding a new contract or ask to leave. 

1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

Wait and see. It's far too early in the season to writr him off. As long as he's fit I'd start selecting him for Scotland ahead of SOD, regardless of whether or not he plays each week - he's already proved he's good enough.

6 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Wait and see. It's far too early in the season to writr him off. As long as he's fit I'd start selecting him for Scotland ahead of SOD, regardless of whether or not he plays each week - he's already proved he's good enough.

I haven't written him off, I just think gerrard is contradicting himself when he talks of the Patterson bid being a joke when he won't even play the lad.

1 hour ago, wanderer said:

Stories Liverpool are now sniffing around for Patterson.

That one could be interesting, as do not think you have to have your head to deep in the sand to guess where Gerrards next managerial move will be too......

Everton would be the better move. I doubt Patterson would relegated tRent Alexander to the bench but he could get passed Coleman at everton

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

Everton would be the better move. I doubt Patterson would relegated tRent Alexander to the bench but he could get passed Coleman at everton

IF there is some truth in it, probably one of those moves which would be with one eye 3/4 years down the line, and would probably very well loan him back to Rangers straight away.

Agree, short term Everton would be the better option.

4 minutes ago, wanderer said:

IF there is some truth in it, probably one of those moves which would be with one eye 3/4 years down the line, and would probably very well loan him back to Rangers straight away.

Why would they loan him back to a club where he sits on the bench every week? 

1 minute ago, wanderer said:

If a club buys him i don't see any logic in loaning him back to ibrox. They value him higher than £5m but won't play him.  

If he is sold to Everton, I see no reason he couldn't grab the RB spot quickly. He is good enough IMO.

2 minutes ago, GHfaeGTA said:

Why would they loan him back to a club where he sits on the bench every week? 

Just using that as an example (and if Liverpool did pay £10m for him.... they would probably expect him to be playing every week)

5 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

If a club buys him i don't see any logic in loaning him back to ibrox. They value him higher than £5m but won't play him.  

If he is sold to Everton, I see no reason he couldn't grab the RB spot quickly. He is good enough IMO.

Personally I do not think he will move, and its more a case of Rangers are hoping to get a Tierney level offer (which I suspect they are using as the bench mark) for him for a player they have no real need for the next 2/3 seasons given Taverniers age.

4 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Personally I do not think he will move, and its more a case of Rangers are hoping to get a Tierney level offer (which I suspect they are using as the bench mark) for him for a player they have no real need for the next 2/3 seasons given Taverniers age.

If Rangers are using Tierney as the benchmark.....Well they've lost the plot. Tierney played over 100 games for celtic.

33 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Rangers aren’t hoping to get £25M.

in today’s market £5M isn’t enough for Patterson, so they will hold out for about £10M.

Everyone can see he should be playing at present but Gerrard needs to now accept that and fit him in. 

58 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Rangers aren’t hoping to get £25M.

in today’s market £5M isn’t enough for Patterson, so they will hold out for about £10M.

Everyone can see he should be playing at present but Gerrard needs to now accept that and fit him in. 

I suspect Rangers have to been to be holding out for £10m+ based on some of the transfers Celtic have received in recent years, and more so to avoid another Gilmour slipping through their hands again.

truth is, I think they will view this as easy money for a player they have no need for another 2/3 years, and if holding out for £10m, suspect they are looking for closer to £7m

11 minutes ago, wanderer said:

David Marshall to Liverpool as back up keeper suddenly started to gather pace in the last hour.

Just looked at Twitter, Liverpool fans think it's a terrible choice even to he there 3rd choice keeper which is what they are after.