Still Game - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone been yet? Heading along on Saturday. I can't see big Hemphill being in the best of humour after last week.

I briefly overheard some people at work talking about it and they loved it.

Also others I know going this weekend. Should be good from what I can gather.

Wasn't prepared to pay 50 quid a ticket for it but managed to get a couple of comps so heading along on Sunday afternoon. Quite looking forward to it although it means I'll miss the climax of the Ryder Cup so that'll be getting Sky +'d and watched when I get in!! Just to need to make sure I avoid hearing about it on the way home!!

Everything I've heard has been good. Going next Wednesday and looking forward to it.

Was pleased to hear the positive reports, as although I loved the tv show, there was no certainty it would translate to the stage.

It actually started off as a stage play.

Edit to stick in the Wiki link

Edited by SteveMcD

Went to this yesterday and thought it was really good. Started off a bit slowly but once Jack and Victor eventually came out it picked up and was really funny in places. There's not really much of a plot as such and it's just really an excuse for them to banter with each other. The ending while very, very random did make me chuckle in places. It's probably pretty much what i expected of it and was like spending an afternoon catching up with some old mates that you've not seen for a while! (Or their grandparents!)

Went to this last night & thoroughly enjoyed it.

It wasn't excellent but good nevertheless. I thought the Bollywood ending was pretty funny.

Only negative - despite public announcement requesting phones to be switched off, why do some people think it doesn't apply to them.

Girl 3 rows in front was told 3 times to turn her phone off & stop filming.

Went to this yesterday and thought it was really good. Started off a bit slowly but once Jack and Victor eventually came out it picked up and was really funny in places. There's not really much of a plot as such and it's just really an excuse for them to banter with each other. The ending while very, very random did make me chuckle in places. It's probably pretty much what i expected of it and was like spending an afternoon catching up with some old mates that you've not seen for a while! (Or their grandparents!)

Sums it up quite well.

Wouldn't recommend it if you weren't familiar with the show, as it relies on you knowing the running themes and the characters to a fair extent.

I enjoyed it, was a nice evening.

Went on Wednesday..... Have to say, wish I had refreshed myself by researching the tv series, as was not sure with one or two of the minor characters who appeared.....

Winston walking off the stage had me in stitches....

Ending was really good.

Have to say, sound was not great in places.... Seemed to be mainly in scenes in the shop between Navid and Isa, but was no terrible.