Next Scotland Manager ? - Page 105 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Next Scotland Manager ?

McExpat

47 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Look up Kevin Sheedy's interview after Moyes left Everton. They were fed up with his backwards conservative training, turning good young players from attacking mids into defenders and him taking credit for bringing youth through - in fact he only played them if there was an injury or suspension crisis, and he took the credit.

Oh a wee plastic plaque he got did he ? Grease up enough journlaists and fellow managers down the golf course and any cunt can win one of them.

Which young players were they? He didn't try and turn Leon Osman, Tim Cahill and Steven Pienaar into defenders. I can remember all three singing his praises in interviews. Even Baines and Coleman had license to get forward. Looks to me like you have a serious dislike for the man and have cherry picked one interview to support your argument. There is also a chance that Sheedy is bitter for being left behind or because Moyes left his beloved Everton. Moyes is by no means world class but he couldn't have been that bad if Neville, Round and Fellaini were willing to work with him again. Even Baines wanted to join him at United but Woodward couldn't get the deal done. The brand of football he played at Everton was in no way dour or defensive despite what many people suggest - they were actually fairly attacking and Moyes for some reason became more defensive after he left. In fairness he was pretty successful at identifying players in the Championship and turning them into EPL players (Cahill, Jageilka etc). 

Your last comment about his three LMA awards pretty much confirms what I said about your dislike for the man. Either that or Pep is pretty handy at greasing up journos and managers down the golf course. 

9 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I hope your not a lawyer or something like that :-))

Not in the context of a message board conversation, which is why is said “in this case”. Are you actually disputing that scot gemmil was known for turning up for pretty much every squad he was named in even though he didn’t often get on the pitch?

20 minutes ago, Saint4805 said:

Which young players were they? He didn't try and turn Leon Osman, Tim Cahill and Steven Pienaar into defenders. I can remember all three singing his praises in interviews. Even Baines and Coleman had license to get forward. Looks to me like you have a serious dislike for the man and have cherry picked one interview to support your argument. There is also a chance that Sheedy is bitter for being left behind or because Moyes left his beloved Everton. Moyes is by no means world class but he couldn't have been that bad if Neville, Round and Fellaini were willing to work with him again. Even Baines wanted to join him at United but Woodward couldn't get the deal done. The brand of football he played at Everton was in no way dour or defensive despite what many people suggest - they were actually fairly attacking and Moyes for some reason became more defensive after he left. In fairness he was pretty successful at identifying players in the Championship and turning them into EPL players (Cahill, Jageilka etc). 

Your last comment about his three LMA awards pretty much confirms what I said about your dislike for the man. Either that or Pep is pretty handy at greasing up journos and managers down the golf course. 

I'd rather take the Sheedy's word, he was doing the unglamorous job behind the scenes and was glad when Moyes left.

What an amazing fact, young footballers want to follow their manager to a bigger and much richer club ? Well knock me doon with a feather !

Moyes had Everton playing boring football designed to ground out results and anyway, they rarely got a result against one of Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool. They were bottle merchants. Moyes was scared to have a go at those teams.

The man is a poor manager with an absurdly high opinion of himself.

Moyes was so arrogant that he refused to learn Spanish whilst at Sociedad and relied on an interpreter at all times - what a cunt !

24 minutes ago, wee-toon-red said:

Not in the context of a message board conversation, which is why is said “in this case”. Are you actually disputing that scot gemmil was known for turning up for pretty much every squad he was named in even though he didn’t often get on the pitch?

No, I know he turned up a fair bit but I strongly dispute that stat that he turned up seventy odd times without a source to back it up. You can't just take the journalist's word for it.

4 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

No, I know he turned up a fair bit but I strongly dispute that stat that he turned up seventy odd times without a source to back it up. You can't just take the journalist's word for it.

Fair enough but the specifics are hardly important, it’s the fact that he showed more commitment than most that’s relevant.

22 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I'd rather take the Sheedy's word, he was doing the unglamorous job behind the scenes and was glad when Moyes left.

What an amazing fact, young footballers want to follow their manager to a bigger and much richer club ? Well knock me doon with a feather !

Moyes had Everton playing boring football designed to ground out results and anyway, they rarely got a result against one of Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool. They were bottle merchants. Moyes was scared to have a go at those teams.

Moyes was so arrogant that he refused to learn Spanish whilst at Sociedad and relied on an interpreter at all times - what a cunt !

Christ, your hatred for Moyes is unreal. Everyone has people they like or dislike for the job, but it's just that, a preference for the job. Yours is bordering on personal and quite frankly a lot of absolute nonsense.

49 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I suggested that you had a dislike for Moyes but it's clear that I need to upgrade dislike to hatred.

I find it ironic that you are championing Bilic for Scotland - the man who left a monumental mess at West Ham for Moyes to clean up. Bilic left West Ham second or third bottom of the league after a series of pumpings, no defensive structure, a squad of unfit players and no clue how to play or man manage Arnautavic. The West Ham players are on record as saying that it was a relief to take part in proper training sessions under Moyes who was able to organise and get a lot more out of the players than Bilic did. Even Mark Noble went to the owners saying the players wanted Moyes full time and not just as caretaker but tweedle dumb and tweedle dee didn't listen. Bilic' first season at West Ham was masked by the fact that Dimitri Payet carried that team until he left.  

1 hour ago, stevenmcn said:

Christ, your hatred for Moyes is unreal. Everyone has people they like or dislike for the job, but it's just that, a preference for the job. Yours is bordering on personal and quite frankly a lot of absolute nonsense.

I don't hate him I just think he's a poor a manger and his reputation was ill deserved. :ok:

39 minutes ago, Saint4805 said:

I suggested that you had a dislike for Moyes but it's clear that I need to upgrade dislike to hatred.

I find it ironic that you are championing Bilic for Scotland - the man who left a monumental mess at West Ham for Moyes to clean up. Bilic left West Ham second or third bottom of the league after a series of pumpings, no defensive structure, a squad of unfit players and no clue how to play or man manage Arnautavic. The West Ham players are on record as saying that it was a relief to take part in proper training sessions under Moyes who was able to organise and get a lot more out of the players than Bilic did. Even Mark Noble went to the owners saying the players wanted Moyes full time and not just as caretaker but tweedle dumb and tweedle dee didn't listen. Bilic' first season at West Ham was masked by the fact that Dimitri Payet carried that team until he left.  

Bilić has done it at international level. Clarke is my second choice. Arena my third choice.

I really don't care if I'm not getting a Christmas card from professional failure and "woe is me" David Moyes this year :ok:

1 hour ago, Saint4805 said:

But apparently Moyes is the shit manager while Bilic is hailed for achievements from about 10yrs ago. 

1 minute ago, stevenmcn said:

But apparently Moyes is the shit manager while Bilic is hailed for achievements from about 10yrs ago. 

Bilić has a proven international record. That's why I want him.

Davie boy has failure after failure behind him. He's a joke figure now. 

18 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Bilić has a proven international record. That's why I want him.

Davie boy has failure after failure behind him. He's a joke figure now. 

Nah, somebody like Lars Lagerback has a proven international record. Bilic has one tournament 10 years ago, with his own nation, hardly a lot to shout about, while Moyes last job, just last year, was digging West Ham out the shite Bilic had put them in. No rational person can slate Moyes and praise Bilic, its fucking mental. 

15 minutes ago, stevenmcn said:

Nah, somebody like Lars Lagerback has a proven international record. Bilic has one tournament 10 years ago, with his own nation, hardly a lot to shout about, while Moyes last job, just last year, was digging West Ham out the shite Bilic had put them in. No rational person can slate Moyes and praise Bilic, its fucking mental. 

How exactly did he get on at Man Utd, Sunderland and Sociedad ?

He fucked up spectacularly at each. And it was his own fault.

West Ham have done much better without Moyes.

5 hours ago, Morrisandmoo said:

The argument is all irrelevant. If you appoint Moyes you will have next to.zero backing from the fans. Which is a terrible position to be in.

Says a lot about Scotland fans.  delusional as always.

Won't back the manager with the most experience.

Won't back the manager with the least experience.

Let's employ some one who is doing ok locally 

We're as bad as the SFA

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

How exactly did he get on at Man Utd, Sunderland and Sociedad ?

He fucked up spectacularly at each. And it was his own fault.

West Ham have done much better without Moyes.

And Bilic has fucked up at everywhere he's been, which isn't much, since the Croatia job 10 years ago including being far worse at West Ham than Moyes was. Bilic had West Ham 3rd bottom before Moyes came in and kept them up. 

4 minutes ago, stevenmcn said:

And Bilic has fucked up at everywhere he's been, which isn't much, since the Croatia job 10 years ago including being far worse at West Ham than Moyes was. Bilic had West Ham 3rd bottom before Moyes came in and kept them up. 

I'm focusing on Bilić's respectable record as an international manager. It's a good record.

Moyes is a joke for his arrogance and incompetence displayed as manager of Man Utd, Sunderland and Sociedad. 

Pellegrini has done a far better job than Moyes ever could at West Ham anyway. 

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Says a lot about Scotland fans.  delusional as always.

Won't back the manager with the most experience.

Won't back the manager with the least experience.

Let's employ some one who is doing ok locally 

We're as bad as the SFA

It is what it is. But the fans opinion matters. Regardless of whether you agree with it.

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I'm focusing on Bilić's respectable record as an international manager. It's a good record.

Moyes is a joke for his arrogance and incompetence displayed as manager of Man Utd, Sunderland and Sociedad. 

Pellegrini has done a far better job than Moyes ever could at West Ham anyway. 

I'd hope so with the amount he spent compared to Moyes. Luckily for West Ham, Moyes was able to keep them in the EPL after the shambles Bilic left 👍

11 hours ago, Saint4805 said:

I remember him saying previously that he would need to get approval from his wife to extend his Sunderland contract and continue to work overseas although it was probably tongue in cheek. Hard to believe that the Little General is under the thumb :)

Maybe his wife has chucked him oot?

He’d be able to spend far more time in the Netherlands as Scotland manager than he would as a club manager. 

31 minutes ago, stevenmcn said:

I'd hope so with the amount he spent compared to Moyes. Luckily for West Ham, Moyes was able to keep them in the EPL after the shambles Bilic left 👍

And West Ham subsequently became a better team after he left :ok:

If this latter day Jock Stein is so good then how come Fulham, Southampton, Huddersfield and Leicester never went for him as their gaffer this season ?

Perhaps because he's washed up and considered a joke ?

1 minute ago, ErsatzThistle said:

And West Ham subsequently became a better team after he left :ok:

If this latter day Jock Stein is so good then how come Fulham, Southampton, Huddersfield and Leicester never went for him as their gaffer this season ?

Perhaps because he's washed up and considered a joke ?

Lol, nobody says he's the latter day Jock Stein, he's just not as bad as you make out, and a better choice than Bilic who was last managing in Saudi Arabia. How bad do you need to be to end up there? No wonder he been linked to the Scotland job, anything would be better than being stuck there. And how do you know they didn't go for him? Enjoy your evening 👍

1 hour ago, stevenmcn said:

Lol, nobody says he's the latter day Jock Stein, he's just not as bad as you make out, and a better choice than Bilic who was last managing in Saudi Arabia. How bad do you need to be to end up there? No wonder he been linked to the Scotland job, anything would be better than being stuck there. And how do you know they didn't go for him? Enjoy your evening 👍

Your going to look a bit silly if Moyes next job is out in the Gulf :lol:

You are portraying him as an exceptional Premier League manager with a great record so I think it's a reasonable question as to why after sacking their managers this season did Fulham, Southampton, Huddersfield and Leicester not go for him ? 

Where exactly is the great outcry for Moyes to manage Scotland btw ? Most fans want Clarke, in fact there seems to be more people who want Scot Gemmill in charge than Moyes.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

50 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Your going to look a bit silly if Moyes next job is out in the Gulf :lol:

You are portraying him as an exceptional Premier League manager with a great record so I think it's a reasonable question as to why after sacking their managers this season did Fulham, Southampton, Huddersfield and Leicester not go for him ? 

Where exactly is the great outcry for Moyes to manage Scotland btw ? Most fans want Clarke, in fact there seems to be more people who want Scot Gemmill in charge than Moyes.

I'll make this simple.

1. I'd prefer Clarke, but have no issue whatsoever with Moyes.

2. I'm not portraying him as an exceptional premiership manager, I think he was an above average manager, but for whatever reason you have seem to think he's done badly. Nobody has bettered what he achieved at Everton, even with the amount of money they've thrown about lately, and he probably didn't do much worse at Man Utd than Van Gaal or Mourinho, again without the financial backing they had.

3. As I said earlier, you have absolutely no idea which clubs have and haven't been in for him, you're just speculating towards your opinion.

4. His recent record is still way better than Bilic, West Ham proves that without doubt.

7 minutes ago, stevenmcn said:

I'll make this simple.

1. I'd prefer Clarke, but have no issue whatsoever with Moyes.

2. I'm not portraying him as an exceptional premiership manager, I think he was an above average manager, but for whatever reason you have seem to think he's done badly. Nobody has bettered what he achieved at Everton, even with the amount of money they've thrown about lately, and he probably didn't do much worse at Man Utd than Van Gaal or Mourinho, again without the financial backing they had.

3. As I said earlier, you have absolutely no idea which clubs have and haven't been in for him, you're just speculating towards your opinion.

4. His recent record is still way better than Bilic, West Ham proves that without doubt.

You are portraying him as an exceptional manager.

He is a poor manager who is not being sought after for jobs because of his lamentable record.

Moyes blew up spectacularly at Man Utd, Sunderland and Sociedad and it was his own fault. He was arrogant and incompetent at each club and got found out.

Everton's fans are definitely not yearning for his return.