Pedro and the Huns - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Pedro and the Huns

Anyone listening to BBC Scotland at the moment.......interviewing Huns outside the game,  Pedro has lost the fans, disgrace about Kenny Miller, blah blah foreign Manager blah apparently Pedro is just another Le Guen blah blah.....interviewer says what about Advocat ? Eh, eh, eh, but......Anyone else sensing a subtext here :lol::lol::lol: ?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Barney Rubble said:

Yep - next dodgy result Sevco have, Barry Ferguson and Kris Boyd will be on Sportsound saying that these foreign coaches don't understand Sevco's history (sic), and that they need a real Rangers man to come in and change the regime.

Gio van Bronckhorst anyone?

Van Bronckhorst is a foreigner though so ...oh....ok no prob. But he's black so .......aye still no prob. ;)

3-1. Looks like the idiots calling for Pedro's head will have enough to shut up for at least another couple of weeks. 

Sick to death of the clowns looking for instant success. I have no idea if Pedro can make a success of it at Rangers and neither does anyone else until we've seen if he can develop this team. 

4 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

OK Cove, from your experience as a ref, tell me the difference - I accept that it wasn't a carbon copy.

Several differences. Erskine was running at the player and went over the ball into the players shin. 

Penalty was over reaching for the ball and the Hamilton player nipped in from the side. Penalty did not go over the ball, he was beaten to it. 

Not sure how much difference that makes to the ref and his decision though. 

In my opinion Penas tackle wasnt as bad but I accept I'm not going to be a neutral observer. 

16 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Several differences. Erskine was running at the player and went over the ball into the players shin. 

Penalty was over reaching for the ball and the Hamilton player nipped in from the side. Penalty did not go over the ball, he was beaten to it. 

Not sure how much difference that makes to the ref and his decision though. 

In my opinion Penas tackle wasnt as bad but I accept I'm not going to be a neutral observer. 

So lots of similarities then, by your own description.

While I've not much to dispute with your description (hang on though, I didn't say I totally agree with your analysis), I'd still like to hear Mr Cove's opinion as a qualified neutral observer.

52 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Hamilton player should have seen red at that pen but I think the guidance has changed in those scenarios. 

It would still have been a red as he made no effort to get to the ball. Still a stick on red. 

26 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Should still be a yellow I believe.

No, if you have made an effort to play the ball and missed or been late then it's a yellow. If it's deliberate foul play, like this, then it's still a red. 

10 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Yep - next dodgy result Sevco have, Barry Ferguson and Kris Boyd will be on Sportsound saying that these foreign coaches don't understand Sevco's history (sic), and that they need a real Rangers man to come in and change the regime.

Gio van Bronckhorst anyone?

Related image