Tambs for the memories - Page 10 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tambs for the memories

10 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

The TAMB being a place (without fear of prejudice, scoffing or mocking) where posters like Hawkeye Ranoo, myself, Johnny Ham, and Padre Andrew could proclaim that Jesus Christ was their Lord and Saviour.

Jude.21 getting saved was of course my all time highlight. :) 

Just caught the end of the Jude 21 chemtrail madness.However had the privelige of being on the end of some Pardre Andrew bonkerness and managed to get Scotty so wound up that he had to post some offensive pics that he had to delete.Probably a good opportunity to post them again! On the bright side Scotty I've seen a few instances of 'the world is flat' grafitti appearing locally. Where will I go for my nutjob god bothering looney stuff now?

Think I actually came across the forum on some random search and came upon the Friday joke thing.Then got interested on some of the politics stuff and the The Rangers stuff and the independance stuff annd obviously the god bothering. Only got a passing interest in football. I'll miss it.

3 hours ago, G-Man said:

Say what you want but those Tijuanan doctors may be cheap but what a job. 

Well, apart from the Adam's apple, voice and hairy back. :yikes3:

A tall female impersonator? :wtf:Where's Calmac, someone tell him there's another case to solve. 

In real world, I have no idea have you pair have ever met. Brownie points if you can pick out @Mindimoo

1 hour ago, Flat Earth said:

Changed his name by deed poll to Sir William Geronimo Wallace.

I remember standing in the foyer of some random eastern european hotel somewhere at an ungodly hour of the morning and Magoo walking up to reception. The girl asked him "Do you have a reservation?" Everyone fell about laughing like they were going to die.

You had to be there...

Literally just burst out laughing aloud. Brilliant.:lol:

39 minutes ago, andymac said:

In real world, I have no idea have you pair have ever met. Brownie points if you can pick out @Mindimoo

Are you muddling me with FE now? If it's just same question to the previous video then I think Mindi is girl you see from the side talking to a guy and is Mazz the girl with long red hair?  Thank goodness the real weirdos are right at the end. :wacko:

2 minutes ago, G-Man said:

Are you muddling me with FE now? If it's just same question to the previous video then I think Mindi is girl you see from the side talking to a guy and is Mazz the girl with long red hair?  Thank goodness the real weirdos are right at the end. :wacko:

Steam driven site.

Look for 'Blah blah blah;'

Mrs Coggs with then red hair and psyco look

How is Pistonbroke and his cats?

11 minutes ago, G-Man said:

4:12 mins Mazz is the one in the middle with the glengarry on pulling a funny expression.

5 minutes ago, andymac said:

Can you link to it?

Well done. Can't believe I spent 15 minutes to find a post that I put there to say you have identified one of my mates.Anyone else recognised?

9 hours ago, Lamia said:

Still convinced that Jude wasn't Jude in the end.... 

I know Jude. I know her full name and address. I've even seen her face to face. Jude is Jude. 

It would be like someone trying to tell you that I'm not real (and you could tell that person differently).

3 hours ago, Lamia said:

And Kai! :)

I still have the 'Rammstein' CD she made for me and mailed out to me.

3 hours ago, Lamia said:

Then there was footsoldier - I owe a lot to him!

Yeah, Mark... great guy!

2 hours ago, Lamia said:

Then we have Steelpeach one of our English interlopers who I met in Milan and am still friends on FB - good guy :) and Longshanks another interloper who I never met but am still FB friends.

DonnyTJS was however the most tolerant on the interlopers and I wish i had met him too :)

Tried to meet up with him (Colin?) at the Wallace Walk (but it didn't work out).

1 hour ago, Eisegerwind said:

Just caught the end of the Jude 21 chemtrail madness.However had the privelige of being on the end of some Pardre Andrew bonkerness and managed to get Scotty so wound up that he had to post some offensive pics that he had to delete. 

No, I never got would up and I never deleted the victims of the Christian genocide photos.

The 'TAMB team' removed them.

2 hours ago, Eisegerwind said:

Probably a good opportunity to post them again! 

I reposted the link as soon as the images were removed (and that seemed acceptable).

On the bright side Scotty I've seen a few instances of 'the world is flat' grafitti appearing locally.

Pseudo science tells us that the 'ball' earth is almost 25,000 miles in circumference.

If true, then pythagorean theorem will help toward calculating the 'curve' of the earth (which works out to 8 inches x miles squared.

So, 8 inches for the first mile, 32 inches for the second mile, 6 feet for the third mile, 10 feet for the fourth mile, 16 feet for the fifth mile, etc.

At 10 miles the 'drop over the curve' should be 66 feet, but there are loads and loads of examples worldwide of people seeing entire buildings and skylines that they shouldn't be able to (given the distance) as they should be below the curve on a 'sphere'.

So, either the earth is a lot, lot larger than 25,000 miles in circumference (which they would know about having travelled to the moon and back at the first time of asking:hysterical:) or it's flat.

And since everyone has been brainwashed with a false model of where we are (in 'space') and what 'orbits' what... the correct answer is that the earth is flat and motionless.

It even feels motionless and looks flat when you are walking around on it.

"He stretches out the North over the void and hangs the earth on nothing." Job 26:7

Where will I go for my nutjob god bothering looney stuff now?

What can I tell you?

Things are going to get so bad that you're going to wish that you had my posts to read.

"Seek the LORD while He may be found; call upon Him while He is near;" Isaiah 55:6

9 hours ago, Parklife said:

He was some boy. Him and PGB used to have some real arguments on Facebook! 

I'm sure he's an alright guy but he used to get steaming and want to fight folk and threaten them on Facebook. He done it to me before. Aye, no bother, you're hard as feck when you're 6000 miles away :lol: 

As per my last comment on the favourite posters thread :lol:

6 hours ago, Flat Earth said:

I've still got an excel spreadhsheet somewhere with all the orders for those tshirts - with loads of people who were quite happy to admit who they were, cos they weren't bawbags...

or mods. Anonymous mods, but members walk about with their names on public display.

I never had an issue with the anonymity of the mods (in the interests of openness, I am and always have been on 0 warning points). 'Mod 21' is no more or less anonymous than 'fatman' or 'flora' or 'flure'. True, many board members have made no secret of their 'real-life' identities, while some have been outed and others are still anonymous, but we can still attribute personality and various ideological biases to most of them ... I don't really see the difference.

The internet does make people say and, sometimes, do stupid shit, so I can also see the physical-threat argument, but I think the point FE makes is the clincher - how could you post as a 'normal' board member and still attempt to moderate under that same user name? Other members would be forever holding you to a different account, lambasting you for perceived past slights or bias, and generally making it hard to do what you joined the board for in the first place: interacting with fellow fans.

Obviously, in practice a few (though not many) mod identities were pretty much known and most people were polite enough to maintain an 'agreed fiction', but that broke down often enough. It must be a time- and patience-consuming job to take on voluntarily at the best of times, so why risk ruining your 'normal' experience of the board into the bargain?

Overall, in my experience the board was lightly, amusingly and effectively moderated (the swear filter was a constant source of annoyance, but I imagine that's an admin issue - and to be fair, my suggestions were followed a couple of times much to my surprise, not always with the best results ...). Cheers for all the work you put into it. 

53 minutes ago, DonnyTJS said:

I never had an issue with the anonymity of the mods (in the interests of openness, I am and always have been on 0 warning points). 'Mod 21' is no more or less anonymous than 'fatman' or 'flora' or 'flure'. True, many board members have made no secret of their 'real-life' identities, while some have been outed and others are still anonymous, but we can still attribute personality and various ideological biases to most of them ... I don't really see the difference.

The internet does make people say and, sometimes, do stupid shit, so I can also see the physical-threat argument, but I think the point FE makes is the clincher - how could you post as a 'normal' board member and still attempt to moderate under that same user name? Other members would be forever holding you to a different account, lambasting you for perceived past slights or bias, and generally making it hard to do what you joined the board for in the first place: interacting with fellow fans.

Obviously, in practice a few (though not many) mod identities were pretty much known and most people were polite enough to maintain an 'agreed fiction', but that broke down often enough. It must be a time- and patience-consuming job to take on voluntarily at the best of times, so why risk ruining your 'normal' experience of the board into the bargain?

Overall, in my experience the board was lightly, amusingly and effectively moderated (the swear filter was a constant source of annoyance, but I imagine that's an admin issue - and to be fair, my suggestions were followed a couple of times much to my surprise, not always with the best results ...). Cheers for all the work you put into it. 

Every other board i'm a member of has "public mods" and it's never been a problem.

The real question is what is different about us that means we cannot do it. I'm not disputing the evidence ,

Gatekeeper (the member) was a great unexpected consequence of your swear filter requests.

EDIT: I also had 0 warning points for full disclosure. I only got temporary suspension once as BT was calling me mental, so I called him mental back and used his public disciplinary record to evidence why he was. His post lacking evidence was kept, while my evidenced and referenced post was deleted. Certainly interesting he was allowed by the mods to keep attacking folk, calling them gay (we know how that eventually turned out for him) harass Kernie etc, you'd think he was in the SNP or something ;)

Edited by phart

Fair enough; my experience of other message boards is negligible. As you say, what's different about this one?

I suppose it's unusual in message board terms in that many of the members actually congregate in the same place on a regular if infrequent basis. Add to that the usual context for such meetings: a large amount of drink being taken, and the team they've come to watch being royally horsed by a bunch of semi-pros from a land most folk couldn't find on a map. Not always a happy combination. Still, that doesn't explain why it's apparently so difficult to make it work in purely online terms. Odd.

6 minutes ago, DonnyTJS said:

Fair enough; my experience of other message boards is negligible. As you say, what's different about this one?

I think a lot of it traces back to the people running it. I don't think they have got enough credit looking back. Did not agree with every moderating decision but they always ran the board with a top quality sense of humour and that did a lot to set the tone of the board in a very subtle non-domineering manner. I do wonder if the board changed hands if it would lose its current feel as a result and become just another message board. P&B is garbage (and full of whanks :wave:). If this place goes down I'll not be bothering to look for a replacement. I don't think there is one.

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

I think a lot of it traces back to the people running it. I don't think they have got enough credit looking back. Did not agree with every moderating decision but they always ran the board with a top quality sense of humour and that did a lot to set the tone of the board in a very subtle non-domineering manner. I do wonder if the board changed hands if it would lose its current feel as a result and become just another message board. P&B is garbage (and full of whanks :wave:). If this place goes down I'll not be bothering to look for a replacement. I don't think there is one.

I agree that when the board was at its best (in my time), a good deal of that was down to the way it was run and moderated. Equally though, it was down to both the quantity of posters and, within that, the quality of a good many.

I think it was you who pointed out a day or three back that someone had complained recently that folk who'd signed up had been left hanging for weeks (months?) before being registered. I know that there were occasional delays in the past, but nothing on that scale. Something changed in the running of the board (though 'admin 4' seemed an all right bloke / lass, it also seemed like the will had gone out of it - hence the Jonestown-esque mass suicide note).

I have no clue about the individuals who have run the board over the years, but it certainly hasn't been the same ones. PaulNATA seemed to be in charge when I registered, but he buggered off to Germany and someone else took over. Flat Earth and to an extent Lamia seemed to pretty much pull out of the place after 2014, and the moderation appeared to suffer as a result. Flure also pulled back and I could be wrong, but I felt that he was also involved in the board's running for a fair while.

The place has been barely moderated for well over a year. Take the Rossy v Slasher keyboard face-off. Not so long ago they'd've both got suspensions before things went as far as they did and it would have calmed down. As it was it was left to run its natural course and Rossy painted himself into a corner from which he evidently decided he couldn't return. Dead amusing for us onlookers, but not handled in the most sensible way (indeed not handled at all).

Good, committed admins and mods are important, but so are the members. This board's primary function is for supporters of Scotland to talk about the team and travel, but how often does a national team play these days? Eight times a year? So you get non-TA football, and Anything Goes - and they and those who posted in them sustained the board. I've never followed Rangers' fortunes closely enough to comment knowledgeably about the effect of all that on the non-TA forum, but I've spent plenty of time in Anything Goes and at some point it passed a tipping point where the number of posters declined to the extent that threads just died on their arse that once would've grown legs and danced for days. Without the members, the place is doomed. Toepoke pointed out during the recent double-header that the match thread barely managed three pages - that would've been thirty a few years back.

If a new team who know the board can get control - GMC and others who've offered to help, or whoever (ie: not Rab McDermott  types), I'm sure they'd be good administrators / mods, but it's the members that really make it work, and I don't know how they'll be enticed back from whatever it is that Facebook and Twitter offer.

Edited by DonnyTJS

7 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

I know Jude. I know her full name and address. I've even seen her face to face. Jude is Jude. 

It would be like someone trying to tell you that I'm not real (and you could tell that person differently).

Ohhh I don't dispute that she exists I dispute that it was her posting all the time.

9 hours ago, andymac said:

Steam driven site.

Look for 'Blah blah blah;'

Mrs Coggs with then red hair and psyco look

How is Pistonbroke and his cats?

:lol::lol: good night last night? :beer2:

9 hours ago, fringo said:

4:12 mins Mazz is the one in the middle with the glengarry on pulling a funny expression.

So that's you Mindi to the right if the picture wearing light blue T? My memory is crap, that is not how I remember you, albeit only one meeting years ago. 

Feck me there's a frog in my roses.

No it's on the window sill outside, got all excited there thinking I had a new pal to replace my 'imaginary' tamb ones.  

8 hours ago, andymac said:

Well done. Can't believe I spent 15 minutes to find a post that I put there to say you have identified one of my mates.Anyone else recognised?

.:lol::lol:

6 hours ago, Mindimoo said:

The only person without a Scotland top on!  I've never seen this before.

Nor me, lots of recognisable faces on it. Jen, Lamia, FE, Reeky and a phished man with grey hair kissing a phished bald man.:wub::wub: