Scotland v England : Match Thread - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland v England : Match Thread

Big Col

17:00 ko

Scotland: Gordon, Berra, Mulgrew, Robertson, Tierney, Brown, Armstrong, Anya, Snodgrass, Griffiths, Morrison.
Subs: Marshall, McArthur, Naismith, Bannan, Darren Fletcher, Forrest, Russell Martin, Chris Martin, Fraser, Cairney, Reynolds, Hamilton.

England: Hart, Walker, Cahill, Smalling, Bertrand, Rashford, Lallana, Dier, Alli, Livermore, Kane.
Subs: Forster, Trippier, Lingard, Gibson, Stones, Jones, Defoe, Sterling, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Cresswell, Heaton, Butland.

Referee: Paolo Tagliavento (Italy).

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gordon Strachan  “This is a wonderful occasion, but I’ve not spoken too much about that. They’ll feel that atmosphere when they get out. I don’t think I can describe it to them until they get out there, they’ll have to discover that for themselves. The lads have made me feel confident that we can do something today and put in a performance. They will show that to the fans today.”

5 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Restricted view at front of east/west? I've never sat that low down. 

Leaving the first few rows empty is being increasing done at Hampden games. Have seen it previously in the east / west stands. Today's the first time I've seen it in the north stand.

Are the advertising boards getting bigger? Could that be causing it?

1 minute ago, Big Col said:

Leaving the first few rows empty is being increasing done at Hampden games. Have seen it previously in the east / west stands. Today's the first time I've seen it in the north stand.

Are the advertising boards getting bigger? Could that be causing it?

Never even noticed the north for he shadow to be honest, certainly don't look any different. 

I think Scotland have been woeful, bad first touch, slow to move the ball on & getting caught in possession. Snodgrass has been poor. Hitting the ball long to Griffiths and hoping he can win it/hold it up but there's not enough support or pace even if he could.

Positives? Lucky to be level as England have also been pish. Surely we've got to be better 2nd half. Would like to see Fraser on.

Pretty dull game so far. We're frustrating England but when we do win possession we don't use the ball well enough. Anya in particular seems to have difficulty even controlling the ball at times. 

We're sitting too deep too. Eventually we're going to tire, make a mistake and let England in.