Pre Season Friendlies - Page 8 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Pre Season Friendlies

13 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

That Rigby song is a shocker. Celtic have some right cretins in their support these days. Much more sizeable than I can ever remember. 

Sadly, I have to agree. I'm getting fed up with the ever increasing number of arseholes within our support who think it's ok to behave like this. Hopefully the club can identify them and ban them for life. ?

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, slasher said:

Sadly, I have to agree. I'm getting fed up with the ever increasing number of arseholes within our support who think it's ok to behave like this. Hopefully the club can identify them and ban them for life. ?

You'll know yourself that an away day to England brings out the worst of the worst and isn't really a true reflection of our usual support. I know folk who went on Saturday who I've never know to attend a match before in their lives.

19 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

You'll know yourself that an away day to England brings out the worst of the worst and isn't really a true reflection of our usual support. I know folk who went on Saturday who I've never know to attend a match before in their lives.

Yip, there was definitely an element of that at the weekend but it's not the whole picture for sure.

Some of our idiots have been in cold storage. There's also a new generation of young adults experiencing that rivalry with Rangers for the first time. Frankly some of them are plumbing new depths in their response. ?

3 hours ago, Reevesy said:

OK so I'll take from that that you think the Rigby song is satire too and only his family and fellow army pals should take offence :ok:

I don't think you can compare songs about a historical event two centuries ago and a guy getting his head cut off in a London street a couple of years back.

For the record I find both distasteful.

9 minutes ago, Blackpool78 said:

Funny i didnt see this outrage when a song was being sang about the Lisbon Lions or is it just the usual Celtic agenda on this board 

Whataboutery. When Celtic fans lower themselves to this level they leave themselves wide open to the 'two ugly cheeks of the same ugly arse' generalisation I've always disagreed with. Frankly that assertion is getting harder to argue with these days.

Edited by slasher

10 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

I don't think you can compare songs about a historical event two centuries ago and a guy getting his head cut off in a London street a couple of years back.

For the record I find both distasteful.

You can compare them in that both could be seen as offensive to folk. 

14 minutes ago, Blackpool78 said:

Funny i didnt see this outrage when a song was being sang about the Lisbon Lions or is it just the usual Celtic agenda on this board 

Aye that was skipped over.

The tramps singing it had a long bus journey back from Luxembourg after losing to minnows though so there's some karma at least. Get it up them 

43 minutes ago, Blackpool78 said:

I thought there was comment passed on it? Perhaps it was on social media I saw it, but that Lisbon lions one is horrible too.

As someone said, both sides seem to have an element plumbing new depths.

For me, Celtic should have more friendlies in England, their carefully choreographed public image under Lawwell is seen straight through when you come face to face with them. This greatest fans in the world type chat is very far from the truth and Celtic themselves can be blamed for giving a group like the Green Brigade their own patch in the stadium. 

3 minutes ago, Chief said:

For me, Celtic should have more friendlies in England, their carefully choreographed public image under Lawwell is seen straight through when you come face to face with them. This greatest fans in the world type chat is very far from the truth and Celtic themselves can be blamed for giving a group like the Green Brigade their own patch in the stadium. 

yeah lets not forget the thousands that went down and never done anything wrong...... a couple of hundred idiots(if that) and you are out after Celtic's image.....ask yourself why these clubs invite us down in the first place 

1 minute ago, Blackpool78 said:

yeah lets not forget the thousands that went down and never done anything wrong...... a couple of hundred idiots(if that) and you are out after Celtic's image.....ask yourself why these clubs invite us down in the first place 

Money.

34 minutes ago, Chief said:

1 hour ago, Blackpool78 said:

Double post

Edited by Reevesy

34 minutes ago, Chief said:

Yup, they'll need to watch or they might turn out as bad as Rangers.

Just now, Squirrelhumper said:

Well ROITG was sung at one point at the Friday night game. That's the first I'd heard that in about 20 years. Merry Ploughboy was sung too. I assumed both were banned but who knows.

Was just surprised to hear either TBH.

Merry Ploughboy certainly isn't banned. Perhaps the add ons of "fuk the queen" are though, but that's the best part.